Finishing Touches: My map design [Cancelled]

if this discussion is about a real unique map I_NO paid money for, it's sad really.

a unique map is unique. I said it a thousand times. from classic oldies like best-map-in-the-game-imo Acton's Nightmare, to modern things like Death And Taxes, Mao Kun and Olmec.

this? sounds like a troll map made for the single purpose of trolling.
most hated monsters in the game + most hated modifiers in the game? hard, annoying, yet very boring and certainly not "unique".

the "darkness" theme can certainly be used a lot better.

you can troll better, Apathy. I believe in you.
and if you spent money to do something, make the most out of it.
something players will remember as more than just a "lel dark worms map".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
if this discussion is about a real unique map I_NO paid money for, it's sad really.

a unique map is unique. I said it a thousand times. from classic oldies like best-map-in-the-game-imo Acton's Nightmare, to modern things like Death And Taxes, Mao Kun and Olmec.

most hated monsters in the game + most hated modifiers in the game? hard, annoying, yet very boring and certainly not "unique".

You're saying this because you can't do any hard stuff and you've died to easy stuff too of course you would trash this unique because you would likely die.
I worship ee-sama!
"
johnKeys wrote:

FullBlownDaddy here. FullBlownDaddy agrees with this gentleman johnkeys.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Reduced light and forest is a great combination imho. What about the mother spider (or some other creepy mob like a king-devourer) hunting you through this dark forest? The mechanics should be there. You have to reach point X in the map and kill stuff on your way, while the devourer or the spider are following you. Attacking from time to time, spawning mobs, cursing you, and so on. Also i think that it would be great, if the light radius decreases more and more the longer you are on the mkap, while mobs are getting stronger ... When you reach spot X, the hunting mob will appear for the final fight. In total darkness and very strong, if things went terrible on the way ;) What this map definitely needs: an own theme like acton's :)

anyways: i like the concept and the ideas. I think that it's just a little bit too much with the mass of hated mobs (even if the most hated is not in there! Puking birds!!!) and mods in there. But i like the fear aspect and such.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
Reduced light and forest is a great combination imho. What about the mother spider (or some other creepy mob like a king-devourer) hunting you through this dark forest? The mechanics should be there. You have to reach point X in the map and kill stuff on your way, while the devourer or the spider are following you. Attacking from time to time, spawning mobs, cursing you, and so on. Also i think that it would be great, if the light radius decreases more and more the longer you are on the mkap, while mobs are getting stronger ... When you reach spot X, the hunting mob will appear for the final fight. In total darkness and very strong, if things went terrible on the way ;) What this map definitely needs: an own theme like acton's :)

anyways: i like the concept and the ideas. I think that it's just a little bit too much with the mass of hated mobs (even if the most hated is not in there! Puking birds!!!) and mods in there. But i like the fear aspect and such.

Hmm... I like you and yes it will have it's own theme.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The map concept is very interesting.
Updated =)
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just one last idea before i will be quiet again: What about some "Stones of Light"? Like the stones in zana maps that you touch to get more time. In this case, they could lower mob damage or increase light radius a bit again. That would theoretically allow you to let the light radius drop to zero and the mob strength rise to "insane", if the player(s) don't get to the stones in time. Would put much more tenseness into the map, but maybe a little bit too much? not sure.

Anyways: Awesome update ;) Thank you very much for the recognition! All the best for creating this map. I think it is going in a thrilling and unique direction.

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Jan 1, 2015, 4:30:40 PM
That would be very easy map, dividing physical damage into 50% PD and 50% elemental sounds super easy.

"

You're saying this because you can't do any hard stuff and you've died to easy stuff too of course you would trash this unique because you would likely die.

bullshit comment is bullshit.

I tried Death And Taxes once, and got obliterated. didn't complete it.
and still I thought "what an awesome map!".
why? because it was .... wait for it ... unique.

as opposed to "lel Spiders and Devouers with extra damage coming out of darkness lel".
"Proximity Shield + Corrupting Blood + <insert moar top-player-hated mods here>. trolololo".
which .... is not unique.
hard? yes. annoying? definitely. aimed at trolling the player? probably.
but not unique.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info