Maps or should I say "no maps"

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

It's like a week at most for the new league and people already want to perma substain 78 maps and hit level 100 ultra fast.

Its not about perma sustain 78 maps.

Its about not get stuck in 68/69 when u are lvl 84 or more. That's all.

78/77/76 should be real endgame with rare drop, its fine, its rng, i think we are many to agreed this.

But get stuck like that in low maps ? Its just absurd. So, well, let's just farm Dominus to the end, get loot, seel it and try to buy some map ?

No, really, its absurd.
"
BoXXoR wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

It's like a week at most for the new league and people already want to perma substain 78 maps and hit level 100 ultra fast.

Its not about perma sustain 78 maps.

Its about not get stuck in 68/69 when u are lvl 84 or more. That's all.

78/77/76 should be real endgame with rare drop, its fine, its rng, i think we are many to agreed this.

But get stuck like that in low maps ? Its just absurd. So, well, let's just farm Dominus to the end, get loot, seel it and try to buy some map ?

No, really, its absurd.

Level 84+ is a arbitrary number to be "stuck" in 68/69 maps. If you did every single 66-70 maps until you were 84 you have a extreme large stockpile of 70-72 maps which can get you to 75 maps and sustain it. It's even easier to level if you party and rotate maps.

How would you make it that if your above level 84 to not get under level 72 maps (without the top end being even easier to get)? That would mean the worst unlucky person would be at 72 and everyone else would be rolling 74+ like crazy.

In less then a week you have a large pool of people already 90+, at this rate there would be a large number of people 100 in under a month. This was unheard of in the past in PoE.

How much more should be buff maps ~.~
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 23, 2014, 12:23:31 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Level 84+ is a arbitrary number to be "stuck" in 68/69 maps. If you did every single 66-70 maps until you were 84 you have a extreme large stockpile of 70-72 maps which can get you to 75 maps and sustain it. It's even easier to level if you party and rotate maps.

How would you make it that if your above level 84 to not get under level 72 maps (without the top end being even easier to get)? That would mean the worst unlucky person would be at 72 and everyone else would be rolling 74+ like crazy.

In less then a week you have a large pool of people already 90+, at this rate there would be a large number of people 100 in under a month. This was unheard of in the past in PoE.

How much more should be buff maps ~.~

Of course is an arbitrary number. U just cant have real statistic numbers, GGG wont allow this. But when so much people complaining about a same problem, maybe there is something wrong, no ?

And overall, i agree with ur vision. I never had so much currency in just a week, go for so high level with so much dps output. But really, i dont care. Now, in less than 14 days, POE is boring, and that's a problem. Farm all day long ? Ok, i enjoy it ! But not for boring maps with 0 challenge (and i dont care about the loot, i just enjoy high lvl maps).

edit:
of course, im now playing Bloodlines, no more fun in Torment.

Last edited by BoXXoR on Dec 23, 2014, 12:52:42 AM
BoXXoR shares my point of view (I guess many others too), where it's not about the XP gain amount. It about having some challenge and those low lvl maps don't provide it. It's just extremely boring to faceroll even hardest rolls of those low level maps.

If so many people have this issue for very long period of time (actually since patch) so I doubt it's just mass "bad luck" bullshit. Also many people simply don't participate in the forums or simply don't care (they play whatever or just buy maps, use RMT and so on). So the number is mush bigger. So it's suspicious and some changes are not revealed or confirmed just to not make people angry and to not detonate a bomb of hate.

So in any scenario probably the only thing we can do is to deal with it, because no one will clarify anything and nothing will change, but it's a fact we are free to discuss it here.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Nobody can prove anything, factually they added carto box and double buffed drop rates + added in map mods that were mandatory in rolling higher maps baked into the map itself.

People still bitching every patch that they "nerfed map drop rates".

what you fail to seem to notice that we are talking about "now" and not about buffed droprates last league or 2 leagues ago. Because most people assume that they got a stealth nerf and as such the buffs from the past are not part of the discussion.

It is really really safe to assume that drops got nerfed. The sample size of 50+ people that know what they are doing and are screwed heavily shows that maps drop less frequently (see reddit thread for example).

In such a discussion it is hugely useful not to assume that the other side is incompetent.

Streamers and people that are ranked on the top places of the ladder (as in "people that play much and generally know what they are doing") struggle to keep up their map pool beyond 72 maps.

I play my 69-72 maps, nothing can kill me and i can oneshot the whole screen in 2 seconds. Low content become too easy after some time. I dont even care too much about levelling, i managed to find just about enough maps to level to 89 before falling down to 2 73 maps remaining from having 3 75, 2 76, 3 77, 2 78.

Now that we have seen both sides of it, even with easy progression in rampage, having to fight 78 maps with hard mods feels better than to fight level 69 trash once your character becomes strong.
"
SVD wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Nobody can prove anything, factually they added carto box and double buffed drop rates + added in map mods that were mandatory in rolling higher maps baked into the map itself.

what you fail to seem to notice that we are talking about "now" and not about buffed droprates last league or 2 leagues ago. Because most people assume that they got a stealth nerf and as such the buffs from the past are not part of the discussion.

It is really really safe to assume that drops got nerfed. The sample size of 50+ people that know what they are doing and are screwed heavily shows that maps drop less frequently (see reddit thread for example).

In such a discussion it is hugely useful not to assume that the other side is incompetent.

Streamers and people that are ranked on the top places of the ladder (as in "people that play much and generally know what they are doing") struggle to keep up their map pool beyond 72 maps.

I play my 69-72 maps, nothing can kill me and i can oneshot the whole screen in 2 seconds. Low content become too easy after some time. I dont even care too much about levelling, i managed to find just about enough maps to level to 89 before falling down to 2 73 maps remaining from having 3 75, 2 76, 3 77, 2 78.

Now that we have seen both sides of it, even with easy progression in rampage, having to fight 78 maps with hard mods feels better than to fight level 69 trash once your character becomes strong.

What your failing to realize is that they have a history of telling us everything up front and they don't lie or hold much information. What is the purpose of lying or being shady now ~.~

Chris stated that he wasn't aware they were buffed or nerfed, hell some sort of patch might have "nerfed" drop rates by mistake. If they intentionally wanted to do it they just announce it, they have no reason to hide it to begin with.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 23, 2014, 6:34:19 AM
"
BoXXoR wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you claim something has changed, you have to prove it :)

If you claim nothing has changed, you have to prove it :)

RNG is RNG. Your turn :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
RNG is not RNG when tons of high level players having issues to sustain a map pool, which didn't exist to that extent before 1.3.

same here... had lots of 75 and 76 maps in 1.2.x, now it's hard to get above 71...
not that I get no map drops, but always below map level o\
I always vendor them up already to stay at least at 70/71 maps.
Never had these problems before.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
SVD wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

What your failing to realize is that they have a history of telling us everything up front and they don't lie or hold much information. What is the purpose of lying or being shady now ~.~

Chris stated that he wasn't aware they were buffed or nerfed, hell some sort of patch might have "nerfed" drop rates by mistake. If they intentionally wanted to do it they just announce it, they have no reason to hide it to begin with.

I dont want to go insulting you so i wont, but i would if i wasn't interested in a discussion.

There have been many times were modifications of drops and such took place without letting the playerbase know.

E.g.: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434

The purpose of not presenting information is just that it takes up less work time or the fear of a backlash (as it happens right now)

It is not advisable to have an argument built on the foundation of someone being trustworthy, especially when its a multi entity with high risk of mistakes being made (coding is hard)

Even good guys do bad things. This world isnt black and white

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info