Maps or should I say "no maps"

I had this same issue. I ran about 8 maps over lvl 72 and wasn't able to get maps to drop so i would end up having to buy maps from other people. should increase the drop rate imo.
"
Djyoloharder wrote:
I had this same issue. I ran about 8 maps over lvl 72 and wasn't able to get maps to drop so i would end up having to buy maps from other people. should increase the drop rate imo.

Buy some maps, some people just aren't lucky.

as for @avodat feel free to play D3 when s2 comes out and get bored after a week because there isn't anything to do except grind pointless rifts with your soulbound drops.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I feel you, I went through my entire 77-78 (20+maps) map pool to get a build to lvl 93, all 20% chiseled and all hard mods, All I got in return was a few 76s 1 78, 1 77 and a bunch of garbage. It really is frustrating.. and there really is no reason for map drops to be this bad, especially when there is 100+ quantity and 20% quality on them.. Why did i waste Ex's worth of chisels to get No maps and garbage items??? whats the point of even running end game maps? Either I have had the worst string on RNG since i started playing or its just a bad time to run maps in general.. Next time if my pool ever grows to that size again ill make sure to stop playing for a few weeks if I get another bad luck streak of 3-4 maps producing absolutely nothing.
Last edited by LtGnar on Jan 31, 2015, 4:22:32 PM
"
LtGnar wrote:
I feel you, I went through my entire 77-78 (20+maps) map pool to get a build to lvl 93, all 20% chiseled and all hard mods, All I got in return was a few 76s 1 78, 1 77 and a bunch of garbage. It really is frustrating.. and there really is no reason for map drops to be this bad, especially when there is 100+ quantity and 20% quality on them.. Why did i waste Ex's worth of chisels to get No maps and garbage items??? whats the point of even running end game maps? Either I have had the worst string on RNG since i started playing or its just a bad time to run maps in general.. Next time if my pool ever grows to that size again ill make sure to stop playing for a few weeks if I get another bad luck streak of 3-4 maps producing absolutely nothing.

It may be that the fact you spent x exalteds to try and build a map pool is the very reason it's so hard to sustain them. It's a currency sink.

I don't play a lot now like I used to because, I just got tired of running easy maps 90% of the time in hopes of getting one I could mod, and be even remotely challenged in. that being said, it's the way the game is designed. We either have to accept it or move on.

I just do dailies now, waiting for act 4. People have said high level mpas are rare because if you could get a steady stream of them , like you can low level maps, it would make you bored quicker and you would quit, but having them drop rarely has had the exact same effect on me.
This is slightly off-topic, but i found it hilarius when people are complaining about not being able to sustain 77/78 maps(starting with 20 maps.. :D)

When Baker did his final rush to level 100, there was NO 78 maps and this is what his 99-100 looked like map-wise:
Spoiler
Total Maps needed: 721 /// LVL 99 -> LVL 100
77 MAPS: 242
76 MAPS: 221
75 MAPS: 177
74 MAPS: 75
73 Maps: 11

So shut up and run 75-76's.
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Feb 8, 2015, 5:38:23 AM
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
This is slightly off-topic, but i found it hilarius when people are complaining about not being able to sustain 77/78 maps(starting with 20 maps.. :D)

When Baker did his final rush to level 100, there was NO 78 maps and this is what his 99-100 looked like map-wise:
Spoiler

Actually level 99>100 the min 2% XP per monster makes it so going from 99>100 has little to no difference if you run a level 70 map or a level 78 map. Difference being you just run the lower level maps without any difficulty mods and just chain them (run them as fast as possible) whereas the higher level maps require more time to clear for only fraction more XP (at that level)

So please don't bring up level 99>100 as I am sure that if players here are level 99 they wouldn't be complaining about map drops.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
don't see much complaining about map drops lately, did they ninja un-nerf the drop rate for 76+ lvl maps? been getting 76-78 map drops at a good rate soloing lately, rough estimate 1 of those maps per 1.25-1.50 ship/shrine... i always run with >15%q, pack size, and/or magic monster rolls though.

"
PyleWarlord wrote:

Spoiler

interesting, thanks for pointing that out.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Feb 8, 2015, 5:23:18 PM
I never understood how people run out of maps, I sell about 10 74+ maps on a daily basis, maybe the fact that I chisel/alch/chaos for 80+% iiq, instead of running at 20-30 whatever blue maps matters that much with the mapdrop, or my name is Midas and I'm the father of RNGesus.
"
KillerB wrote:
I never understood how people run out of maps, I sell about 10 74+ maps on a daily basis, maybe the fact that I chisel/alch/chaos for 80+% iiq, instead of running at 20-30 whatever blue maps matters that much with the mapdrop, or my name is Midas and I'm the father of RNGesus.

I took that advise (chisel and alc) and it does definatly work. I was so against it at first. My problem is not with 74/75/76 maps being super rare , its that they are super boring. Even at 100% they are easy ( well some of the bosses suck, but that is just 2 minutes of a 15 minute map run)

maps in poe remind me of dungeons in EQ2. you spent 2 hours doing trivial bullshit in order to experience 2 minutes of oh shit! that was awesome!
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
KillerB wrote:

I took that advise (chisel and alc) and it does definatly work. I was so against it at first. My problem is not with 74/75/76 maps being super rare , its that they are super boring. Even at 100% they are easy ( well some of the bosses suck, but that is just 2 minutes of a 15 minute map run)

maps in poe remind me of dungeons in EQ2. you spent 2 hours doing trivial bullshit in order to experience 2 minutes of oh shit! that was awesome!

If you want fun in 74+ maps, vaal them :3
8 mods 75 necro map
Tc
Fleet
Overlord
-max
twinned
it suddenly becomes the OH SHIT! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info