Maps or should I say "no maps"

"
KillerB wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
KillerB wrote:
I never understood how people run out of maps, I sell about 10 74+ maps on a daily basis, maybe the fact that I chisel/alch/chaos for 80+% iiq, instead of running at 20-30 whatever blue maps matters that much with the mapdrop, or my name is Midas and I'm the father of RNGesus.

I took that advise (chisel and alc) and it does definatly work. I was so against it at first. My problem is not with 74/75/76 maps being super rare , its that they are super boring. Even at 100% they are easy ( well some of the bosses suck, but that is just 2 minutes of a 15 minute map run)

maps in poe remind me of dungeons in EQ2. you spent 2 hours doing trivial bullshit in order to experience 2 minutes of oh shit! that was awesome!

If you want fun in 74+ maps, vaal them :3
8 mods 75 necro map
Tc
Fleet
Overlord
-max
twinned
it suddenly becomes the OH SHIT! :D

You guys know that they are boring because you can trivially farm them, and when you get strong enough for them to get trivial then they stay boring.

Before when the game was much harder you had to very very slowly work your way up from 68 all the way to 78 over an long period of time with each map being important and getting you stronger for the next tier.

It was deemed too "hard" and "unfair" for most people, and now people just race across the tiers blazing and want to auto sustain 76+ maps because everything else is boring. At this point why even have a map system if people want to super race to level 100 chaining maps and blasting them fast and furious in 5 mins.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 8, 2015, 6:25:22 PM
[/quote]
You guys know that they are boring because you can trivially farm them, and when you get strong enough for them to get trivial then they stay boring.

Before when the game was much harder you had to very very slowly work your way up from 68 all the way to 78 over an long period of time with each map being important and getting you stronger for the next tier.

It was deemed too "hard" and "unfair" for most people, and now people just race across the tiers blazing and want to auto sustain 76+ maps because everything else is boring. At this point why even have a map system if people want to super race to level 100 chaining maps and blasting them fast and furious in 5 mins.[/quote]

I am not actually blasting through them in 5 minutes . my arc witch only has 9k dps tooltip, and she still wrecks them. They take me about 15-20 mins normally at 80-100%. ( I tend to goof around a lot and not just rush) I am hoping act 4 brings more difficulty at higher map levels without hurting the people coming up too much.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

It was deemed too "hard" and "unfair" for most people, and now people just race across the tiers blazing and want to auto sustain 76+ maps because everything else is boring. At this point why even have a map system if people want to super race to level 100 chaining maps and blasting them fast and furious in 5 mins.

"
I am not actually blasting through them in 5 minutes . my arc witch only has 9k dps tooltip, and she still wrecks them. They take me about 15-20 mins normally at 80-100%. ( I tend to goof around a lot and not just rush) I am hoping act 4 brings more difficulty at higher map levels without hurting the people coming up too much.

Just because you currently cannot do it doesn't mean other people cannot. You are rekting maps with 9k dps tooltips that can go all the way up to 50k along with more links or gear or levels.

Just looking at the big picture, people were doing maps and saying 3k dps was okay back in the day.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 8, 2015, 7:23:22 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

"

Just because you currently cannot do it doesn't mean other people cannot. You are rekting maps with 9k dps tooltips that can go all the way up to 50k along with more links or gear or levels.

Just looking at the big picture, people were doing maps and saying 3k dps was okay back in the day.

Of course I know there are much better people than me, I am not even average. I am just hoping it gets harder for me when act 4 comes out. Because I know if it's easy for me right now, there are a lot of people that yawn through even the hardest rolled maps.
I have yet to make a character for which every map mod is trivial, I'd say making a character like that is impossible, even my char in standard sitting on 7.3k hp with 630 hp regen/sec can easily be bombarded down to 0 by a pack or 2 of charge mobs.

Anyway, this game is as hard as you make it, if you think the game is too easy (like that could happen, if you are running high-end rare maps) you can alwaays give yourself a handicap and chose for example only to use 1 ring slot, refrain from using auras, bind yourself to a specific unique, people back in the days didn't expect that the game will provide them with everything, they added a bit to it too, you should try it once, it can be way more entertaining to play in a 6L bramblejack than to faceroll in mirorred gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info