Maps or should I say "no maps"

"
Im talking about 3 weeks in in Rampage:

Last league: maps 74 -76 sold for 1-2 chaos --> this league 5-7 chaos.

Last league: maps 77 -78 sold for 7-10 chaos --> this league 1 - 1.5 Exalts.

Not even 3 weeks into the new league, but ok i'll bite, o wait I won't because at the start of rampage carto boxes weren't nerfed so comparing the two isn't valid and comparing 3 weeks in vs 1.5 weeks in isn't either.

"
I would defenetly sell my maps this league at this droprate and returns.

Which is just pure speculation, this is what happens when people think something is going legacy or has been changed the market changes as well, it doesn't necessarily mean that anything different has happened.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

"
Im talking about 3 weeks in in Rampage:

Last league: maps 74 -76 sold for 1-2 chaos --> this league 5-7 chaos.

Last league: maps 77 -78 sold for 7-10 chaos --> this league 1 - 1.5 Exalts.

Not even 3 weeks into the new league, but ok i'll bite, o wait I won't because at the start of rampage carto boxes weren't nerfed so comparing the two isn't valid and comparing 3 weeks in vs 1.5 weeks in isn't either.

"
I would defenetly sell my maps this league at this droprate and returns.

Which is just pure speculation, this is what happens when people think something is going legacy or has been changed the market changes as well, it doesn't necessarily mean that anything different has happened.

Too bad I can't give a 1.5 week comparison, bc 1,5 weeks in in rampage I still wasnt mapping but trying out builds for me. And from my expereince I had this league (running more then 80 maps above 70 now) and the meager returns I would defenetly considering selling over running and retiring chars 3-4 lvls sooner.

E: Also my argument still has a point:

I saw no point selling maps in Rampage, because the price was low and no one was buying maps when I had them in my shop, because they were easily sustainable. So I didn't even bother listing them later and that is all this graph on page 8 says: How many maps are listed. It tells nothing about sales or droprates.

That is what you do: If an Item doesn't sell, you take it off your shop and vendor it (or in this case, run the maps urself)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Dec 23, 2014, 2:37:36 PM
Ok so if you weren't mapping at 1.5 weeks into the league then by the time you got to mapping the market was already saturated with cartobox maps leading to the "inflation" if we can call it that of the market making you more inclined to run said maps over selling.

Did you find a cartobox before they were nerfed, this might be the key to everyones comparison, which again can't really be that valid anymore after the carto nerfs.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
Ok so if you weren't mapping at 1.5 weeks into the league then by the time you got to mapping the market was already saturated with cartobox maps leading to the "inflation" if we can call it that of the market making you more inclined to run said maps over selling.

Did you find a cartobox before they were nerfed, this might be the key to everyones comparison, which again can't really be that valid anymore after the carto nerfs.

I don't know if I found that many Carto boxes alltogether. All I know is that I could easily plateau at 75-76 with many spikes to 77-78 WITHOUT cartos. The spikes came with cartos. I just got up to 74-76 while leveling my char through the high 70s and 80s and never fell down again the whole league.

It was certainly not only the saturation through carto boxes but the saturation on a whole level from the easynes to sustain around lvl 74-76 while rolling them only magic (and a nearly guarenteed spike to 77-78 if you alch chiseld).

This is from my experienc of leveling 1 char to 89 and one to 86 last league with only rolling maps blue up to 76s.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
I'm not going to say if they were nerfed or not, but at one point, I was running lvl 69 maps at lvl 81-83. That one 'point' lasted for around 4 hours before I finally managed to swing to 71s, but once I start mapping with my new char, I doubt my 72s and 71s will last very long. The highest I've run is 75 a few times, but unlike last league, I wasn't able to stay at 75s, hell, not even 72+.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Did not read the rest of the thread but i'll add my own experience in a few short words: after few days of doing exclusively rare maps with 60%+ quantity, i have not managed to go above 71 level in map drops. And i had a total of 4 71 maps ............................................ Last league i did NOT have a problem maintaining maps up to level 78 :|
"
baholete wrote:
Did not read the rest of the thread but i'll add my own experience in a few short words: after few days of doing exclusively rare maps with 60%+ quantity, i have not managed to go above 71 level in map drops. And i had a total of 4 71 maps ............................................ Last league i did NOT have a problem maintaining maps up to level 78 :|

Last league had broken carto boxes for first 1/2 of the league.

In addition you can't really expect to maintain 71+ with only 4 71 maps.

FeelsBadMan

"

I dont want to go insulting you so i wont, but i would if i wasn't interested in a discussion.

There have been many times were modifications of drops and such took place without letting the playerbase know.

E.g.: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434

The purpose of not presenting information is just that it takes up less work time or the fear of a backlash (as it happens right now)

It is not advisable to have an argument built on the foundation of someone being trustworthy, especially when its a multi entity with high risk of mistakes being made (coding is hard)

Even good guys do bad things. This world isnt black and white

They modified drop rates in closed beta without announcing it to test out things, since the game have been live they have yet to do such a thing.

The question I ask is why all the sudden start now in not announcing stuff and misleading people?

They have announced countless thing with a backlash before and and kept since released after beta announcing everything. For something as obvious and simple as this there is no purpose in being shady about it.

Your talking about making an argument built on a foundation of "someone being trustworthy" when we are building a argument that "map drop rates have been nerfed" based on a week play on a new league with gamers who complain about everything. No statistics, data gathering or anything at all.

The biggest change between now and last league is the major nerf to carto boxes which was a nerf to map drops, and that wasn't a "stealth nerf". It was announced in patch notes.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 23, 2014, 11:24:47 PM
Y'all need to buy maps when out. I used to whine about this too. Then I did something about it. Buy maps when RNG isnt going my way. Stopped whining and discoved good RNG sometimes too. At one point I had 22 78 maps.

Best sustain method IMO is always roll pack size and/or magic monster.

<77 I run all blue no chisels
77 and 78 get 4 chisels, alc and chaos for pack size/magic monster
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 24, 2014, 2:04:19 AM
"
Aenona wrote:
Whats the point of making it so hard to get map drops that is + level, or even same level ?
What GGG has done to the drop rates has spoiled the fun this league.

The ghost is no fun either, but I can live with him.

Refusing players to progress by talking away their maps is the wrong way to fix whatever issues there is with balance in this game.

Those few I have talked to about this matter, they all say the same. If maps dont return to planet earth again, then they will probably not play this league anymore.

I love this game, but GGG wont get more of my money before this is fixed !

Fredrik !

I couldn´t agree more, I am 1step away from quiting this league. As a lvl 84 I haven´t dropped higher map then 73 and I dropped 73 twice....After grinding around 25 69maps I got 4 70s and 2 71s. Lost them in hour with no map drop higher then 67...I am seriously done with this bullcrap if I need to be lucky as fuck to be able to play the game.

Not just that I am getting completely stomped on this league. With my 84 and second char 72. I got no regals/divines/exalted. I got like 4gcps and regrets and like 1chaos per 4hours.

The second 2nd seasson of D3 is out I am done with this game if GGG don´t fix their shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info