Maps or should I say "no maps"

"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Yeah, I complained about this as well. You can see the thread here, where many others have noted the nerf: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1134945

The solution is to simply say "Fuck this game" and not give GGG another penny. Nerfing map drop rates would at least be acceptable if there weren't an experience penalty, but you manage to get a few maps, die to desync, and you lose the last four days' worth of progress. Having a grindy game is fine, but there needs to be respect for the player's time. And this game certainly doesn't have that.

I play Standard, by the way, so this seems a general change. And GGG had also recently said they felt it was too easy to maintain maps. This ain't really a conspiracy theory, it's the most plausible thing.

To those who think things are always in the patch notes, RNG is always RNG, etc: come on, this is not the first time something is not included in patch notes. When Silverbranch drop rates were nerfed (I used to get those things all the time, now never) and Screaming Eagle was buffed to take its place a few months ago (I get like 5 a week), was this noted? The trash uniques that drop seem to cycle every few months, to such a noticeable point it's ridiculous.

Also, RNG is *not* just RNG. If GGG says there is a .05% chance for a map to drop from any mob, who is setting that number...? Quit excusing shit drop rates and lousy game design choices, for the love of god. The point of playing games is to have fun, not to feel angered and frustrated when you can't make progress because of an artificial wall. Make me unable to progress due to challenge and lack of skill, not this bullshit where you have to end up going to an RMT site to acquire the currency to buy maps with.

GGG needs to reevaluate whether they want to sustain players for years to come or just piss them off with their shortsighted vision of level 100 being the end of their game. Focus on more things to do, such as PvP. Let me fucking change hideout tilesets without losing my designs (make me buy this with real money, I don't care) so that I can have fun grinding more masters and designing different hideouts. Give us some type of endless dungeon, it doesn't even have to give XP, just make the rarity go up with every area. Give us more unique maps. Create map sinks (two maps for more rarity). There are so many different things they could do.

But don't fucking keep us locked down to 73 maps where we can't level, thinking we'll be happy to run them for 0.5% experience each.

Well said !!!

Perhaps GGG will change their mind regarding this leagues KGB nerf of maps when they get less donations. I wont give them a cent this league. Forcing the community to run 71 maps at level 85 is like pissing on the hand that feeds you. Its so stupid.

I wanna add something just to make clear how much I hate this league.

Yesterday I chanced a Mjölner, im selling it for 35 ex atm.

GGG can give me 10 Shaws and I dont care !

I just wanna play my maps and see how far I can take my character in 3 months. what use do I have for 35 or even 100 ex if I dont have any maps ?

Some geek will ofc comment now and say well buy some maps then for your 35 ex.

Last league you got 3 78´s for ex maybe as few as 2 if it was courtyards.

At level 93 solo, you get 1 % xp from a 78 map.. Now do the math !

1 ex is 2% 10 ex is 20% 30 ex is 60%... The Mjölner I chanced is worth 60 % xp

wtf is that to be happy about ?

And hey guys that was last league !!

This league ppl want 10 c for a Gorge and God knows how much for a 78 !

Question yourself why a Gorge is 10 c ? If there is no map nerf !

GGG needs to consider if its worth to gamble like this with their own income !
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
I'm pretty sure the price of a Gorge will drop, it's only one week in the race. Let me know howmutch it is 3 months further :)
Open the dictionary, find the letter R, search for RANDOM and learn the damn word and meaning of it. mmkay?
"
stefanloncar wrote:
Open the dictionary, find the letter R, search for RANDOM and learn the damn word and meaning of it. mmkay?

Random does not mean what you think it means. The 'random' in RNG is not the classic, dictionary, English definition of random. For this reason your post only makes you look foolish.

Here, do some of your own reading to see what I mean, mmkay: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_variable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_%28probability_theory%29
http://pages.jh.edu/~virtlab/course-info/ei/notes/uncertainty_notes.pdf

A random number between 1 and 2 can be expected to roll as a 1 99999 times out of 100000 and still be considered random. Your dictionary definition of random precludes that.
Last edited by f4sak3n on Dec 21, 2014, 2:32:02 AM
"
Mivo wrote:
My real issue with map drops is how common it is to run a 76-78 map, hear the map drop sound, get excited, then see the word "Grotto" on your screen.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Make it so maps are not capable of dropping maps below a certain level relative to the map you are running FFS its insulting when 66's drop off of high level maps. Forget rng is rng n all that bullshit its insulting.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Yeah, I complained about this as well. You can see the thread here, where many others have noted the nerf: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1134945

The solution is to simply say "Fuck this game" and not give GGG another penny. Nerfing map drop rates would at least be acceptable if there weren't an experience penalty, but you manage to get a few maps, die to desync, and you lose the last four days' worth of progress. Having a grindy game is fine, but there needs to be respect for the player's time. And this game certainly doesn't have that.

They weren't nerfed though, try again :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Several people have stated that they can't go past 72/73 maps that easily compared to the last league. There is a 12 pages thread allready on GD.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Several people have stated that they can't go past 72/73 maps that easily compared to the last league. There is a 12 pages thread allready on GD.

That's literally what random means, you won't get the same result every time...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

People can state what they want, doesn't make it true.
Map drops though have been consistently buffed not nerfed...in this case there is no nerf at all but people who were lucky previously.
Map drops without zana and cartographers have always been streaky and hard to maintain a map pool...Chris mentioned this before on a video, that sometimes you'll be able to sustain them other times you will not be able to.
The only change since then has been the inclusion of cartographers lockboxes and zana and cartographers even got buffed.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It is nerfed. Last league season no one complained, now suddenly lots of people are having "bad luck", yeah right...

In previous season I had nearly full stashtab of maps @lvl80 (ranging from 66 to 77). Now I'm level 85, I have 4 rows of 66-69 maps and like 5 maps of level 70-72 and nothing higher. Anything higher than 72 is so occasional as fcking Christmas. You have blink of luck - you get up to 75 or so, you get nothing out of it and you are grounded again at lvl70 maps for another 50map runs.

And yes, I alch maps from map lvl71, tho I never did that so early in previous leagues.

Suddenly ALL my clan (20+ people) struggle, suddenly all of them have that "bad luck" bullshit going on. If there are several threads on forum, that does sound suspicious
Last edited by walentaz on Dec 22, 2014, 3:35:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info