Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
Kingoko wrote:
Well one word from me
I'm lvl 96 in standard and its a bit hard to me to lvlup now cause i die a bit and i play actually only solo. I play only 77-79masp, sometimes 76. In order to sustain my map pool all my maps are chiseled, then alched, then i use vaal on every single map that didnt have after alch pack size. So its like on 15 maps 14 of them are vaaled. I got zana 8 and i always use 3 sacrif frags. That way i always run only 100+iq maps, average is 140iq, sometimes its more then 180 even. Well maps are damn hard to play and even then, running so hard and risky maps, i cant fully sustain my 76-79 maps pool. Sometimes when i find carto box it helps a lot - good rolled one with average 140 iq give nice amount of maps in return but still its so rare that again i run off all my maps
Luckily im a bit wealthy in game so i can buy some 78 when i need them again.
Imo they should a bit increase drop rate of maps but not too much, anyway maps are not expensive now like it was few months ago, i remember bying 78's for 2,5-3ex, they all the time drop in value, it will be strange if some day 78's will cost like 3 chaos and the rest will be not even worth to pick up from the ground

Does using a quantity gem in main attack help with map drops?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 18, 2014, 10:37:26 PM
"
junaum wrote:
Fact is: everybody would be happier with more good maps to play.

Simple as that.

fact is : everybody would be happier if a 6L linked shavs dropped every day
fact is : everybody would be happier if a mirror dropped every day
fact is : everybody would be happier if sacrifice pieces dropped like wisdom scrolls
fact is: everybody would be happier if they were paid 5x they are now

and a good thing that none of those things are not going to happen.
instant gratification in a game like this is dumb. just like its dumb for anyone to three-letter-word items because theyre cheating themselves out of a good game.

(and btw using blanket statements to generalize is the surest way to venture into absurdity)

GGG already expressed and reiterated their position towards 77/78 maps. they should be a very rare drop thats exciting. I agree with them. GGG outlined a specific level of progress, that 90 should be hard to reach for casuals and 100 would take months of no-life grinding.

people are already severely outperforming those milestones.

and can people stop bitching about 'gating' ? just because you can 'do' content, doesnt mean you're entitled to a fucking 77 or 78 map. 90% of builds can do a fucking 78 white map. atziri can be done with a CI+EB combo. doesnt mean if you have the 'skill' to do her (lol oxymoron) you should have 24/7 access to her.

once again, there is no 'skill' in poe. if you think this game takes skills, you're flattering/lying to yourself, period. some things just should be rare. RNG is the only real 'fair' way to distribute items according to rarity coefficient. deal with it.
"
Kingoko wrote:
Well one word from me
I'm lvl 96 in standard and its a bit hard to me to lvlup

but it SHOULD be hard to level up as 96

GGG envisioned 93+ or even 90+ as levels limited to pure no-lifers and everyone else to re-roll by that time, when they were rolling out open beta

just because level 100 is out there, doesnt mean you HAVE to reach it.
"
grepman wrote:

once again, there is no 'skill' in poe. if you think this game takes skills, you're flattering/lying to yourself, period.

This would mean there is no way you can distinguish player performance levels. Just think about how foolish that implication is :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

This would mean there is no way you can distinguish player performance levels. Just think about how foolish that implication is :)

no, it does not mean that.

player performance directly correlates to the time they invest into playing the game, provided they don't cheat. just like in everything in life, experience and knowledge counts in poe

pure time invested alone trumps any skill in the game, provided you have sufficient level of knowledge and experience with the game.

games and things that require skills are never really direct correlating to time put in. you can spend a lot of time studying chess and yet a kid prodigy who is 10 will be beating your ass every day, twice on sunday. same with something like someone really good in FPS reflexes, say quake 3, or something like poker or pool or acting.

poe, as any arpg out there, does not require skill. you know how the game work mechanically, you get gear/drops to be able to clear content, you use experience to judge various situations, and thats it.

you can exclude short races from it, because theyre the closest thing that are in any arpg game to a 'skill'. even then theyre just really magnified variations of applying knowledge and experience where every little decision matters.
Just finished my last lvl 72 map....80quantity.Not a single map over 71 dropped.I got about 3 of 66 and one of 71.
Cartographer's box got nerfed too...wasted about 2ex to try to build a high lvl map pool.Nothing,nada.
I just can't get past ilvl72 maps.
It's not rng.Last league i was able to sustain my 75-78 map pool ez.Now i'm desperate.Doing no life/mana regen and extra dmg maps and risking to lose my char to try and get higher maps and nothing.IT'S A NERF.They should at least tell us so we don't get crazy over this.I'm already super frustrated.
Bloodlines league btw.
Last edited by Seryen on Dec 19, 2014, 2:37:46 AM
"
Seryen wrote:
Just finished my last lvl 72 map....80quantity.Not a single map over 71 dropped.I got about 3 of 66 and one of 71.
Cartographer's box got nerfed too...wasted about 2ex to try to build a high lvl map pool.Nothing,nada.
I just can't get past ilvl72 maps.
It's not rng.Last league i was able to sustain my 75-78 map pool ez.Now i'm desperate.Doing no life/mana regen and extra dmg maps to try and get higher maps and nothing.IT'S A NERF.They should at least tell us so we don't get crazy over this.I'm already super frustrated.
Bloodlines league btw.

just because you were able to sustain it last league, doesnt mean you HAVE to in the new league and doesnt mean it was a nerf.

this is precisely RNG. you're just assigning wrong probabilities to outcomes

dropping 0 = or + maps out of high quantity map is common. its not like getting 10 heads in a row when flipping a coin. its more like getting 2 heads in a row.

enough of these 'bad streaks' and youre left without maps on the bottom of the pyramid. especially in new leagues where maps arent common yet.

literally, there is a thread made after every new league/major patch that map drops have been nerfed.
Last edited by grepman on Dec 19, 2014, 2:44:27 AM
Reading all this I'm really glad I rerolled from my RF maurauder to my ranger last night in Torment.
I've only done 66 and 67 maps sofar on a RF char with no RotP, so boring, slow and dangerous.
Rolled ranger to get more currency (which seems to drop for everyone but me) and gear to pimp my marauder. Really glad I haven't reached that threshhold yet in mapping, failing all 3 Zana missions we've found sofar was disappointing enough.
"
AntonChigur wrote:
if you want lvl 77+ maps to drop, this is really the only way

1. Pack size AND magic monsters are required to have
2. You also need 130%+ iiq with damage mods

You usually get that by rolling magic monsters and pack size and then vaal orbing the map.

130% iiq isn't going to get you map drops without pack size/mm. You will get lucky here and there, but your map pool will eventually dwindle into nothing (77+ maps that is).

IMO, it's better to run a white courtyard map than it is to run just a 100% iiq damage mod map without pack size/mm. You are just making it more difficult for no reason.

nope.

60iiq + 40 pack/magic or 80iiq+ is enough to sustain 77+

You can check my maplogs i made from 96-98 in beyond here (300 maps played, 2.42 avg map drop per map)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QEWmP-6Y1XPZG3e4Udq3AkZ8TwV5D2mqpb5NASLqMio/edit#gid=637257830

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15xxf-O9oVdCTLmh7jZBVmKLB8wSy6JwnRbTNIueX2Q8/edit?pli=1#gid=721557992

This is totally solo played. So its even possible to sustain 77+ solo wise.

Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Dec 19, 2014, 3:09:45 AM
"
grepman wrote:

just because you were able to sustain it last league, doesnt mean you HAVE to in the new league and doesnt mean it was a nerf.

this is precisely RNG. you're just assigning wrong probabilities to outcomes

dropping 0 = or + maps out of high quantity map is common. its not like getting 10 heads in a row when flipping a coin. its more like getting 2 heads in a row.

enough of these 'bad streaks' and youre left without maps on the bottom of the pyramid. especially in new leagues where maps arent common yet.

literally, there is a thread made after every new league/major patch that map drops have been nerfed.

You also cant know if GGG make a lot of changes for drops everyday. Perhaps the do it everyday, who knows? They wont tell you *We decreased/increased map/unique drops*. They do it but they dont tell us about that. Perhaps the decrease it before new league and increase after the whines and then decease again when whines stopped
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info