Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
Khisanth wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
i ran today

8x 69
2x 70
1x 71
1x 72
1x 73

And i got 2 x 69 in return

=D

Just keep on grinding <.< a bad streak is bound to turn into a good streak.

Peace,

-Boem-

Gambler's fallacy?

yes! But i read some1 mentioning law of large numbers and I need to explain why that law is not applicable here. The law only works for infinite stash resources which is not part of poe. The very missconception that this is described by the law of large numbers is the definition of the gamblers fallacy.
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
Thank god you weren't around when map drops were actually bad. This new QQing is absolutely ridiculous. Lets hope that GGG will not listen to a bunch of novices like you and end keep the drops the same. The last thing this game needs is easy map drops..

Oh, very constructive /applaud

And you do not understand the message IMO.
The message is : even if you do the build right, every decision right, if you do everything right then your character STILL can fail badly, never entering any 74+ lvl map - due to RNG and RNG only.

I consider myself a veteran of this game. I have never leveled past 90 but I have not skipped a single season. And this season, RNG screwed me completely. I love my build, I am farming Atziri with it (my only source of 70 lvl maps BTW) no problem, I am eager to see it perform in high level maps.

But the only way RNG lets me is to BUY them. And I did, I spent everything I had on maps. I have done maybe a hundred 71+ maps and not even once I have seen a map level upgrade to drop. THAT, my friend, is ridiculous.

And I will man up like everytime before. But it is pretty much stealing most of the good stuff away. Now read very carefully. I am not asking for higher drop rate. For me, Zana is a step in right direction - at least once a day I can go a guaranteed 70-72 lvl map. That does not break the balance too much (ladder wise -> once a day is a drop in the sea).

I would love to have something similar, but reflecting the characters progress. For example -> the Zana mission would have two sets of goals, one standard and one quite hard. And if the character completes them both, next day he/she gets a cumulative higher chance to get higher level map mission.
I play solo/SF and so far my mappool is growing normally.
With my first character i struggled a bit, like i started mapping when i had 5 66's, then run out and back to the Docks.. then 66-->67-->66-->Docks.. this happened couple times more..

Then i use few Alcs/Chaos for the next couple of 66/67 maps and finally managed to get returns..

Right now my "own" pool is:
66:10
67:12
68:7
69:6
70:2 (!)
71:4

Funny thing is that from Zana's daily missions i have 1x72, 2x74 and 1x75(all from 73's) and i will not run these until my main is 85 or so, just keep doing those dailies and gathering Alc/Chaos to roll these with my second character, who will level to 85 and then go squishy IIR.

e: no Cartos's found yet
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Dec 26, 2014, 4:56:11 AM
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
The last thing this game needs is easy map drops..

A honest question: Why is that? Is it better when people can't play because they finished all the content there is, or when they can't play because there is a content they want to play, but aren't allowed to?
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Dec 26, 2014, 5:48:45 AM
"
mruuh wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
The last thing this game needs is easy map drops..

A honest question: Why is that? Is it better when people can't play because they finished all the content there is, or when they can't play because there is a content they want to play, but aren't allowed to?

The argument goes that it shouldn't be too easy to XP. IMO what they are really arguing is that instead of fixing the core game a pseudo challenge has to remain as a crutch to add a pseudo difficulty.

PoE is not a difficult game after your first couple of weeks of learning mechanics, most people clear an entire screen of mobs in under a second, and maybe 10% of map bosses require you to pay attention. The only constant challenge comes from not losing your concentration and falling prey to burst damage. They won't rebalance this difficulty because a) nerf drama if they rebalance skills and b) "fun" builds that are viable but nowhere near as powerful as the top builds will become unviable at a stage where the content poses any real difficulty for the top builds.

That's what your big can of worms is, the status quo of bad map drops is required to keep the game "difficult" and "challenging".
There was definitely a major nerf in map drop.
Last league i was running blue maps with 30% quantity and had an endless supply of 75+ maps.

Now i am running maps with 100+% quantity,
i even put on 20% quantity boots and sacrificed 1500 dps
so far from in about 10 days of mapping 10 hours a day i've only gotten

1x Precinct
3x Plateau
and at most twenty lvl 74 and 73 maps from which i've gotten jack shit

These maps i always run with over 100% quantity.
Even with ridiculous rip mods like vunlerability -res increased monster damage i risk it so i can advance to the next level maps but sadly NOTHING ever drops.

I am stuck on running 70-71 lvl maps that give me 95% reduced xp, i'm not gonna reroll just to reach the same place of endless low lvl boring map that pose no challenge whatsoever.

Yeah, something isn't right with map drops. I'm unable to keep my pool above 72 for very long and I once went on a 5-map streak without a single map drop.

Something's off and I hope they fix it. Really want to get into 74+ regularly but this is ridiculous. Solo players seem to be getting screwed the most it seems.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 26, 2014, 9:31:45 AM
Ganissan, quantity gem (not available in the new leagues) and items woth quantity, does not affect map drops in any way, shape or form.
Map drops have definitely been nerfed or they screwed something up on accident
IGN: Pockey
I doubted at first but after running about 50+ solo 76+ rare mod since 1.3 (just solo, numerous with parties), yes I roll for pack size / magic / rare monster mods, usually I would get a lot of shitty sub 74, and sub 70 lvl maps that most I don't even pick up... still even these have become super rare.

It really looks there was some sort of nerf to the drop rate, or a bug... bad timing too for me as I baseically 'wasted' my map pool , since I get to play a lot more during this down time, and GGG is off on holidays and no one from there still has a fucking clue what's going on.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Dec 26, 2014, 4:47:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info