Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

I've run over 20 75s in the past few days and I only have 2 75s and one 77 to show for it. Everything else is either a 67, 68, or 70. And most of the time, not even those drop.

What's the point of chiseling and alching maps when I get shit in return?

Moreover, is this honestly what GGG thinks is good for player retention?

The only reason I'm not uninstalling is because I have invested too much money into this shit game, but this is maddening. I play to have a good time, not to get nerfed every patch and then have RNG screw me over.

What's everyone else's experience mapping atm?
RNG
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

RNG is RNG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Alas, my RNG has been atrocious for maps as well.

Still, I know that once I find a Carto box, all my problems will be solved.

Persistance is key.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
That sounds like my situation in 1.1 and 1.2 too, so you're probably just having a dry (or average) spell.
Good old rng biting you in the ass. :P

Every now and then we have these threads here, asking if drops got nerfed and the answer always comes down to, rng is rng.
"
Xavderion wrote:
RNG is RNG.

RNG is not RNG. RNG is a percentage dictated by GGG.

Anyway, whatever. Just finished my 6th alched 75 today and nothing. All I know is I'm not enjoying the game. Just uninstalled. I'll go play something that respects the time I put into it.

Hope GGG enjoyed my five hundred bucks that I handed over like an idiot.
This game has always been a horrid game for drops. Its rather obvious they want you to buy currency from so called outside sources. The addition of constant changes to the tree has ruined what fun was left in this game for myself. Nothing like working a build only to see it get destroyed over another toothless and over hyped patch.
RNG my ass. I have yet to get a map above level 72 the bulk of my drops are 68-71 on the rare instance I get 1 71 map and yolo it for drops I get more 69's. I have easily run 60+ maps and am level 82 ...apparently it was decided I was leveling too fast so the way to fix it was make it impossible to get higher level maps.
Last edited by ChestyPuller on Dec 17, 2014, 9:22:07 PM
Same boat 1200 into the game, I don't mind the nerfs to skill trees/items, hell I find it fun. What I do not enjoy is being level 82 and being forced to run level 70 maps. Hell I have yet to see a 73+ map out of 60 runs...I alc the shit out them making them rippy as hell to try and get some damn maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info