Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

Honestly I've gotten more high lvl maps 77 and 78's than previous seasons.
I ran maps during 3 days ( around 20h of runs ) and i never got a map higher than 73, no matter which mods / quantity i ran, how much cartographer's chisels /alch / chaos i used, even a carto box gave me 69-72 maps ( 9 maps ... ) and zana won't give me maps higher than poorjoy's asylum when i encounter her and she doesn't sell maps higher than 71 aswell...
I need to run higher maps, just to get base item to craft but 3 days of bad luck ( which i don't consider as bad luck anymore... ) is too much, we need an answer ! ( a real one please ... )
Seriously, if GGG nerfed map drops rate, it's a bad thing.
I can easily run 76 maps even though i'm 87 and my stuff is not that good ...
If they ever wanted to slow down the evolution of players in new league, all they should have done is making maps way harder to make a real difficulty, but as maps are now, it's too easy to run there's no counterpart of dying in high level maps you'll only die if you aren't careful...
"
keazer wrote:
I ran maps during 3 days ( around 20h of runs ) and i never got a map higher than 73, no matter which mods / quantity i ran, how much cartographer's chisels /alch / chaos i used, even a carto box gave me 69-72 maps ( 9 maps ... ) and zana won't give me maps higher than poorjoy's asylum when i encounter her and she doesn't sell maps higher than 71 aswell...
I need to run higher maps, just to get base item to craft but 3 days of bad luck ( which i don't consider as bad luck anymore... ) is too much, we need an answer ! ( a real one please ... )
Seriously, if GGG nerfed map drops rate, it's a bad thing.
I can easily run 76 maps even though i'm 87 and my stuff is not that good ...
If they ever wanted to slow down the evolution of players in new league, all they should have done is making maps way harder to make a real difficulty, but as maps are now, it's too easy to run there's no counterpart of dying in high level maps you'll only die if you aren't careful...

I think it is highly telling that the average daily you get from lvl 7 Zana (you know, the level at which you spend the most time with her by far) is lvl 74. Sure, you very occasionally get the odd 75 or 76 from her but most of your dailies are 73-74. Clearly this is where GGG feels it is appropriate for players to be doing most of their mapping. -_-
This is the first time since... beginning of time, when I am UNABLE to get map higher than 72. No matter what I do. And yes, I already have all the previous seasons under my belt so I have samples to compare with. Drop rate is atrocious for me this time, borderline frustrating.

I grudgingly spend my currency to buy maps (just to have no drops and buy again...)
After I spend all my wealth, I am done for.
To be honest i miss shadow of the vaal .
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
"
aldorus wrote:
This is the first time since... beginning of time, when I am UNABLE to get map higher than 72. No matter what I do. And yes, I already have all the previous seasons under my belt so I have samples to compare with. Drop rate is atrocious for me this time, borderline frustrating.

I grudgingly spend my currency to buy maps (just to have no drops and buy again...)
After I spend all my wealth, I am done for.

How are you done for? Drop down to campaign. Free maps.

Also have really sold everything you can? League still new everything sells.

Yes both solutions suck ass and I hate RNG gating content but you are not done for.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 25, 2014, 6:37:22 PM
"
feelgewd wrote:
did my 2nd map which was a shrine 77 map

this is the result (sea witches+monster pack OP)

will have to try getting that then. I alwasy roll pack size though. Was really key for me building map pools. even 75-76 no quality, blues, with pack size i learned to sustain 75-76
Git R Dun!
im sustaining now 76-78 maps in torment, i just keep it plain simple
chis 20% -> roll atleast 35% pack/magic -> regal

good bonusses (in my opinion)

sea witches + pack
beyond + pack

anyway i was struggling too with 70-72 maps getting 66-69s in return i had RNG coming @ me
72 torture map with +5 lvl chest in regular strongbox dropped precinct/shrine map after that i kept getting more map drops

but after all 99% RNG i guess
what up cuzz
Ran 10 of 75level maps (Torment, so yolo alch 100 quantity)
Got many 76 and 77 maps, like drowning in 74 maps but not a single 75 drop. So all in all i have not got a single 75 map out of 10 75 maps...that is how RNG looks like

Bloodlines struggling because you can not do so many rolls in there, too rippy. Imagine getting witches+packsize and regal it into -25max res... we would totally do it on Torment, maybe even with Domination or Beyond mods on top of it but in Bl it is scour or rip

Last edited by Teplokot on Dec 26, 2014, 2:57:01 AM
Thank god you weren't around when map drops were actually bad. This new QQing is absolutely ridiculous. Lets hope that GGG will not listen to a bunch of novices like you and end keep the drops the same. The last thing this game needs is easy map drops..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info