Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
Barivius wrote:
"
ChestyPuller wrote:

I found the above very interesting from the link you posted.

On the conspiracy theorists' side we have anecdotal evidence and one guy who posted the results of TWENTY FIVE map runs. We have had people like me saying mapping has never been easier in an anecdotal fashion, but because it doesn't fit the negative narrative you need in this forum it is ignored.

This may not be perfect, but represents thousands and thousands of data points.

I thought that was adequately explained, but it wouldn't be hard to further backup. Beyond adds oddles of +1-2 maps from the magic monsters and rares. Over double the people play in a softcore league.

As time goes on, that guy is going to collect more and more data about maps being listed and removed from shops. Someone will get to level 100 faster than etup did. The top 50 will shift closer to 100 than ever before.

In the meantime, I hope people learn to better manage their map pools.

Clearly I am not managing mine properly I keep running out.
"
ChestyPuller wrote:

Clearly I am not managing mine properly I keep running out.

Take some of mine and try again.
Not sure if map drops changed after 1.3.0, however I wanted to roll the highest possible item quantity map and give it a try.
I did manage to craft this, I wonder if there is a possibility to go higher:

got 7 maps, 66-75 lvl
I obviously died a couple of times :)

Edit:
given a bit of thought I would proceed like this:

- get to a point you don't care about dying (like just after a level)
- invest 50-60 chaos
- Invest 20-30 chisels

Get a white map
chisel it
make it rare
reroll until u get around 90-100 IIQ
add onslaugh
run the map
repeat 4-5 times

You should get at least 4-5 extra maps from a 130-150 IIQ map, this is obviously more worth it at higher map levels.
Last edited by sfrattini on Dec 24, 2014, 4:31:22 AM
it's trading focused

bad luck with drops? buy other's luck

expensive? play the market

it's reality :(
Whether it's nerfed or not (probably is since Chris stated before season getting good maps was too easy), but the truth is, with abysmal drops everyone has that imaginative "bad luck" and only very few have the real luck getting for example Carto box. I've done this season brobably several hundreds of maps, consistent 72lvl map brickwall. I buy maps, but it's no return. Fucking ridiculous and I don't evem talk here about 77+ lvl maps. Anything obove 72 almost never drops.
All I can say is I feel you guys... I play PoE more than 10Hours a day, no joke :)... So call me a no lifer! The Map drops are really bad even if I do my over 100 IIQ roll on them.

Torment nearly LvL91 (second Character, first is 87). Its bad though. Takes really all fun out.

The Tormented Spirits are a good adition for the Game but also this gets boring quickly.

I really like(d) this game and I tell myself also RnG is RnG but there is a point where u just wonder.

Running those Mirrored White Maps and drop 8 Maps out of it, running a 100 IIQ Map get not even one.

In my eyes this is just Bullshit. Also this new Nomics Boots, raining like shit! I dropped 15 of them.

10 Jade Hatchets, u know what I mean. I know GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING. But I do! And? Wasted time!

GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
Just bought 6x74maps and 3x75maps for total of 30c. I can guarantee these won't drop anything above 73, that's how it is. I think it's the last maps I bought, since it gives absolutely no return, therefore it's absolutely pointless. I run ~80-100,some 120+ quantity (sometimes lower if I get packs roll) and for what? For nothing, because it's all pointless.

If GGG wants to slow down leveling to 100, they need to do one thing - provide a challenging content that its availability is not based on fucking abysmal RNG.

Also, maps had to be shifted by 2 levels up after adding new zones long time ago, because now, 66 and 67 maps have absolutely no sense at all, they eat 2 tiers of map pyramid for no reason, or simply just to make more retarded thing than there is already.

Last edited by walentaz on Dec 24, 2014, 6:46:33 AM
"
Boem wrote:
i ran today

8x 69
2x 70
1x 71
1x 72
1x 73

And i got 2 x 69 in return

=D

Just keep on grinding <.< a bad streak is bound to turn into a good streak.

Peace,

-Boem-

I am at 75 to 78 maps now, just thought i would share since this thread still continue's.

Chissels are your best friends when it comes to mapping and so is patience and endurance.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The shop data was interesting. I'm more or less convinced at this point that there probably wasn't a nerf, and it's just the relative lack of carto boxes and RNG.

Still, there is most definitely a very strong perception that the nerf occurred, so I'd just like a little reassurance. People can deal with bad luck much better than they can deal with secretly thinking they've been screwed over. So far, official GGG comments on this have not been super reassuring.
did my 2nd map which was a shrine 77 map

this is the result (sea witches+monster pack OP)

what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info