Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
ChestyPuller wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
widardd wrote:
Isn't stochastic part of any school system around the age of 14? How old are you guys? O_O

It's easier to circlejerk than to understand simple statistic concepts :3

Also way easier to add nothing to the conversation than to actually say anything substantive, am I right?

I just explained this whole thread, that has to count for something :) People don't understand the simple concept of RNG, so they think there must be some ninja drop rate changes happening in the background.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I understand RNG just fine, thanks. I just think it's stupid to gate actually being able to pay any challenging, level appropriate content behind it at end game.

I understand that the map drop rates were intended to fix the old 'jump immediately into maxed out content, bitch about how hard it is' problem from the Maelstrom days (although that was before my time). But an 85 playing in 70 content because of RNG depleting their map pool? That's just crap.

IMO they need to put a +/-2 range on maps. It's stupid and useless to find a 67 playing in a 72+.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Dec 18, 2014, 1:53:16 PM
Guess what would happen if these people were getting all the maps up to level 78.
QQ there are only 2 78 maps, it's so boring, game is too easy.

Are you guys just playing one build?
Perception is reality.
It's supposed to be streaky in terms of map drops, as in sometime you can sustain it and sometimes not...this was before they added cart boxes and the rates have not changed in the slightest...people have good rng for a while and consider it the norm when they haven't seen the full range of how good/bad it can be.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Apparently most of us just have bad RNG luck, it could not be a stealth nerf. *Nod*
"
ChestyPuller wrote:

Apparently most of us just have bad RNG luck, it could not be a stealth nerf. *Nod*

I actually think it was a stealth buff to the One-Week that is causing this.

My drops in Beyond/Rampage One-Week were epic, Exalts everywhere, Chaos every second mob, Maps like you wouldn't believe, Uniques like a motherfucker.

Now, back to normal drop rates... and I feel like a spoiled child who has had his favourite Squirt Gun taken off him before he could go out back and shoot at the neighbours kids.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
ChestyPuller wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Fact is: everybody would be happier with more good maps to play.

Simple as that.

"
junaum wrote:
Fact is: everybody would be happier with more good maps to play.

Simple as that.

Not really, I've seen threads where people complained that it's too easy to sustain a map pool with just blue maps :)
There hasn't been a nerf. It's just been bad luck thrown on top of a terrible RNG gated system.

The truth is, it is RNG being RNG. But that's the problem, not the justification that people like to use it as.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info