Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

In other news whales can now fly and started mating with birds. They didn't do anything to the rates good god people.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 19, 2014, 8:37:21 PM
"
Xaaz23 wrote:
While I am sure nothing has changed, this is the first time since playing I am out of maps worth running. I went through over 25 70+ maps with ZERO return. I have 2 lvl 69 maps left and a few 66-68 (sine I combine them). Sitting at almost 85 with jack shit for maps to run is fucking annoying.

Add me dude illk give u a tab worth 66-73s for only 10c.

I need more tab space. 11 not enough(
Git R Dun!
I was gonna comment on this earlier mentioning I did a palace and got 3 78s and a 77..firmly under the impression nothing had changed..

BUT...

I'm now at about 33 78 maps in and I haven't seen a goddamn 78 since my initial map. About 3 77s total, and 4 76s out of them all.

Please note almost all of these maps were rolled w/ pack size /+ magic AND domination. And I have nothing to show for it. I'm out of all 78s now. Dry as fuck.

Prior to 1.3 I had built off a base of ten 78s and sustained without the slightest problem for an impressively long time.

This has been one of the most frustrating months in the game since 1.3 hit.

Something's fucky. That's for sure. You never really now what's really going on under the hood...

GGG is poking the bear lately...

Another thing I thought of...

What if ggg nerf drop rates for maps or other significant items that "drive" players to continue playing, in permanent leagues,

ONLY while temp leagues go on, in an attempt to nudge the playerbase in the direction of the new leagues?

IGN:nickyadaya
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Drops are indeed WAY down.
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
Drops are indeed WAY down.

And seagulls mate with fish
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Finding it very hard to keep a decent map pool myself. Never really had this issue before... bad rng spree sure, but this is worse.
IGN: Sin
If people would stop exaggerating then maybe GGG would care about what you're posting. I mean, 50+ maps with no maps? 100+ maps with 4 maps? Right... Even if you'replaying them white the odds of that happening are astronomically low(and yes, I'm assuming you mean maps around the same lvl).

And for you hardcore league players complaining about lower map drops? Well duh, we don't have any beyond packs that help out with drops this league. It was almost too easy to get maps in beyond, you didn't even have to alch until 75+ maps.

Also, GGG doesn't want people to be able to chain 77/78 maps, they've said so themselves. They want those maps to feel special.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
I can show you my map drops from Ambush (around 500), don't tell it's from ambush and they will yell : see they nerfed it ! FOr me map drops always have been terrible. What I remember is this : Longest streak without a map : 7 + I've managed to get 1 75 out of 500 maps, yes you heard that right and that was with buying around 20 71's and 72's. So yeh for me maps drops are better than 2 leagues ago, it's all a matter of perspective. I haven't played the new leagues yet though, for some reason I enjoy a toon in standard too much, but drops should be the same there as in new leagues. At least I have Zana there that gives me 74's+ now and then.
But then again just before the new patch I had a Zana (level 73) and had 8 map drops : 2x71 2x73 2x74 and 2x75. I've never had such drops ever. Again, it's all relative because we don't know the numbers behind RNG (every RNG has some range, so yes there are numbers behind it) and it might look horrible for you and awesome for another.
But yeah I play my own pace and I already find it incredible people talk about 75 maps 1 week into the leagues...

Still this game needs endgame improvement, even if 77's and 78's drop a lot, it's the same maps all the time, I can imagine that grows old as well.
Last edited by leto2626 on Dec 20, 2014, 3:48:05 AM
Right now i'm seriously thinking to quit this game until something is done with this.
Last season i had tons of 75-78 maps,i was able to farm them all day even with ez mods.
This season it was my first league where i managed to stay alive and keep up with the rest of the players's lvls.
Until i hit lvl 80.
Right now i'm lvl 85 and around 90%.From 0% to 90% i did around 30-40 70-71 maps.At 90% i ran out.I was desprerate...forget blue maps.I Chiseled all my 71's and rerolled them with chaos and with lvl 5 zana i had 50+ quantity.They all ran out.LVL70 maps the same thing...Right now i'm trying to lvl to 86 with my last 69 maps...getting around 2% xp/map.
I had enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info