Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

I have not read all the comments in this thread, and I dont need to, because I have my own thread and I swear its exatcly the same content in this one as in mine.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1136904

The OP of this thread posted the link to this thread in my thread so I have done the same here !

You have the geeks who states its RNG, and then you have the sane people who has played this game alot in the past and who has a feeling for when stuff aint right !

Let me explain what RNG is in simple words so that allmost all humans understand !

Rng is when I get a nice drop like a 6 link or something, and one guy im my guild dont get anything not even maps, and the rest of the guys live their lifes as normally.

RNG is not a whole guild of level 85´s who is running 71 maps ! Thats a nerf people !!

GGG has allways payed attention to the community, and I think Path of Exile is the best game ever. Even better then D2 that I played for 10 years. When many enough protest about this matter then they will fix it or lose money !

First of all they are running a company ! Never forget that !

49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
Yea it's really frustrating to get few 66's from packsize courtyard with the nastiest mods ever, but i think this has been always in game? only thing that happened was cartos getting alot rarer.

Ran all day 77-78 maps today/last night and managed to sustain them pretty easily chiseling alt regaling with 30+ packsize or magic mobs, on few rly nice courts even domination for it.
Now i should run my 14+ 76's to get back in there but not really any intrest... rather sleep well and continue next day.

On day2/3 i was running all day 71's not getting any ups, had 1 78 drop from oba's cursed trowe and nothing from it too.. started base from friends zana daily that was olmec's sanctum, he gave me 1 74 and it rained, next map rained and had a "solid" base.
After that ran the highest maps untill i was out, then made pub group asking few alt/aug fee to gain some alts and to basebuild did this for 10 or so hours and had balls to start pushing back to high maps.. managed to stay in there for few maps until i got carto and no need to worry about anything for next day.

sorry for really messy text i know some 1 might care so i wrote this.
atm rank 6 on torment, gonna be off for next 14hr or so and gonna drop few ranks, maybe more maybe less.
only thing that is really needed to sustain a pool is solid group that is willing to chip in everything they got to keep the maps rolling :) (and not doing shit mods unless forced to)
also noticed that beyond is reaaaaallly sick for map drops since so many more rare/blue/boss in map
"
Aenona wrote:
When many enough protest about this matter then they will fix it or lose money !

If they did that for everything, everyone would be level 100 and have the best gear available in the game with minimal play or understanding of the game.
anything is everything
RNG
R.I.P 4.B.
Same boat here too. I play duo with a friend and we can't past lvl 71 barrier. You get some occasional 72-74 if you are exremely lucky, chiesel -> alch -> chaos (if necessary) and back to 70-71. We used to start alching from 73 or even 74 in previous leagues and there was no problem. Now being lvl 83 I need to play lvl 70 maps, this is very disgusting.

And the problem is not that you gain very little XP and get levels slow, the problem is, those maps are too easy, you can do them with eyes shut without any risk of dying. It's absolutely no fun.

I have mixed feelings. Zana quest maps still give me 73-74 maps once in a while, but I am extremely unlucky playing normal maps. I try running 120IIQ maps every time when its level 73 or above and I get 0 upto 2 maps ranging from level 68 to 71.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

What's everyone else's experience mapping atm?

Experiencing the worst map drops ever.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 21, 2014, 12:19:48 AM
You guys need to learn to buy maps IMO. I used to cry about this too. Then I gave in many times and buy maps in dry spells. It's just RNG. Sometimes I've bought 10ex worth of maps and got nothing back. Other times like now. I got 20 78s
Git R Dun!
Buy maps? are you serious? I'll translate this for you - "buy gameplay" - sounds like not fun. And what I should do if i don't have that much of exalts accumulated? grind dominus? What's next step? Buy currency via RMT?

You buy few maps occasionally when you run out of luck, but what you suggest is buying maps(gameplay) periodically and you say it's normal. Yeah, right.... because Chris sells exalts, maps and uniques on blackmarket via RMT and makes real profit for GGG, lol.
Last edited by walentaz on Dec 21, 2014, 4:11:58 AM
Last league I chisel/alched only above 74.

This league, I was so desprate I chisel alched 72s and the few 73s drops. Im back to 70s/71s now, pretty disheartening.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info