Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

I have to agree, mapdrops seems super ultra low now again. Back to full man mapping or GTFO :/
I love it when ggg staff posts in a topic with 1-2 pages but when there are 12 pages of people going crazy they just ignore it.
I'm not demanding an answer like "map drops will be increased" or "they will drop like last league after next patch".
I just want to know wtf is going on!even if these are thr new drops.at least i won't spend my last chaos rolling lvl70 maps
Last edited by Seryen on Dec 21, 2014, 6:59:30 AM
Yup, I noticed it too. This is definitely a stealth nerf. And I agree this is not making me want to play more, its making me feel, i DONT want to play more if im getting nothing form it.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Dec 21, 2014, 10:42:15 AM
I made a post on reddit about this very issue, where I tracked 80 75 maps to see the results. You can find the thread and the file here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2pwaqo/map_drops_are_nerfed_again_small_sample_size/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p8umjh8wx1aZW25DMRRiOaMJNDjJGaB73rjqO-rug3s/edit?usp=sharing

Needless to say, the results aren't very positive.

Total map drops: 141
Sub-72 drops: 66
73s: 14
74s: 22
75s: 18
76s: 13
77s: 8

In other words, 80 maps, 200 chisels, 80 alchs, and countless chaos after (keep in mind I'm in Standard and am not a new temp league player), maps are ridiculously unsustainable. I will probably run out of my 76s and 77s in a couple of days and will be down to a map pool of nothing.

Edit: To add an additional analysis, really all this is doing is fucking over the solo player. It means as a solo player you will never be able to afford to level, whereas people who run rotations can run 6 maps for the price of one, and have a higher chance to get items they can sell for currency to buy more maps with.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Dec 21, 2014, 11:08:00 AM
"
Seryen wrote:
I love it when ggg staff posts in a topic with 1-2 pages but when there are 12 pages of people going crazy they just ignore it.
I'm not demanding an answer like "map drops will be increased" or "they will drop like last league after next patch".
I just want to know wtf is going on!even if these are thr new drops.at least i won't spend my last chaos rolling lvl70 maps

There is nothing to respond to because there was no "nerf". Its just rng, good old rng.
"
"
Seryen wrote:

There is nothing to respond to because there was no "nerf". Its just rng, good old rng.

In other news Chris Wilson made a post on Reddit yesterday that he was unsure if map drops had been nerfed, reddit went nuts with rage.

Sounds to me like if they had not been nerfed he would have said that..not "I don't know".

As I said before I have ZERO issues with 77/78 maps being scaled down they are far too abundant. My issue is with 72+ maps being scarce as hell suddenly in this league and my leveling slowing down to a crawl due to being forced to run level 71 maps at level 83, 84 and now 85 to level.

Chris's post thanks to Lord_Kamster for helping me find it after it was downvoted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2pwaqo/map_drops_are_nerfed_again_small_sample_size/cn0q0zo
Last edited by ChestyPuller on Dec 21, 2014, 11:17:59 AM
"
ChestyPuller wrote:
In other news Chris Wilson made a post on Reddit yesterday that he was unsure if map drops had been nerfed, reddit went nuts with rage and he deleted the post...

Sounds to me like if they had not been nerfed he would have said that..not "I don't know" then deleted his own post when people got pissed.

He didn't delete it, I was just downvoted into oblivion and his response was hidden along with it. Search for my username, "cardone", to bring it up.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
"
ChestyPuller wrote:
In other news Chris Wilson made a post on Reddit yesterday that he was unsure if map drops had been nerfed, reddit went nuts with rage and he deleted the post...

Sounds to me like if they had not been nerfed he would have said that..not "I don't know" then deleted his own post when people got pissed.

He didn't delete it, I was just downvoted into oblivion and his response was hidden along with it. Search for my username, "cardone", to bring it up.

And thats the reason why voting systems on websites suck.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
"
ChestyPuller wrote:

Thanks I updated my post to reflect this.
Bump.

In reddit, news hit that the no3 rampage player quit because of this.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2pzbug/me_rank_3_in_torment_deleted_his_own_ranger_that/
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Dec 21, 2014, 12:28:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info