Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
I've run over 20 75s in the past few days and I only have 2 75s and one 77 to show for it. Everything else is either a 67, 68, or 70. And most of the time, not even those drop.

What's the point of chiseling and alching maps when I get shit in return?

Moreover, is this honestly what GGG thinks is good for player retention?

The only reason I'm not uninstalling is because I have invested too much money into this shit game, but this is maddening. I play to have a good time, not to get nerfed every patch and then have RNG screw me over.

What's everyone else's experience mapping atm?

My experience too back in the previous challenge league rampage. Had such bad luck getting maps.
Honestly just alch those maps you deem worthy of doing so and go. All you can do.

I think it's just bad luck nothing more.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
I've run over 20 75s in the past few days and I only have 2 75s and one 77 to show for it. Everything else is either a 67, 68, or 70. And most of the time, not even those drop.

What's the point of chiseling and alching maps when I get shit in return?

Moreover, is this honestly what GGG thinks is good for player retention?

The only reason I'm not uninstalling is because I have invested too much money into this shit game, but this is maddening. I play to have a good time, not to get nerfed every patch and then have RNG screw me over.

What's everyone else's experience mapping atm?

My experience too back in the previous challenge league rampage. Had such bad luck getting maps.
Honestly just alch those maps you deem worthy of doing so and go. All you can do.

If its bad luck it would be only hitting a couple people. This problem seems rampant and is hitting a ton of different people. So as much as I would like to say "bad luck" based on the sheer volume of people complaining I am fairly confident in saying; Something has changed. Don't get me wrong I love the game and Chris and his team do a fantastic job but when I see something wrong with a game I love, I am going to say something about it.
If Chris were to reply to this thread and say "I assure you nothing has changed, I have verified", I would suck it up and keep grinding my ass off and say "Wow, thats a lot of bad luck". Maybe I am one of the few people who would still take Chris's word for it and move on.
Last edited by ChestyPuller on Dec 21, 2014, 12:54:48 PM
"
ChestyPuller wrote:
If its bad luck it would be only hitting a couple people. This problem seems rampant and is hitting a ton of different people. So as much as I would like to say "bad luck" based on the sheer volume of people complaining I am fairly confident in saying; Something has changed.

Might be worth pointing out that a large number of people claiming low map drops doesn't necessarily mean any change from before, so long as a larger number of people are getting normal or above-average drops... The difference is that people with good map RNG are much less likely to launch themselves into the forums to comment on their good luck, it's the people with bad luck who are by far the most vocal.

I wouldn't be surprised if for every person posting on here saying "I've had bad map drops stealth nerf wtf bbq@%@%" there are 20 or 30 others who have had fine or above average drops... But posting on this thread would make them a local minority so there is little incentive, whilst any other person with bad luck feels vindicated by seeing many others with the same problem and so would be more likely to post, making the situation seem even worse... Behavioural economics ftw

Everything normal/above average = little reason to post
Bad luck = QQ
Overall impression is a bias towards the bad luck

Maybe there was a stealth nerf, by definition it's kinda difficult to tell for sure. But I wouldn't want to draw any conclusions based on replies in this thread, I'd still be rooting for the old RNG explanation...
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
"
kompaniet wrote:
[

When bad luck starts when 1.3 was introduced
When bad luck continues every day since
When bad luck has hit every high level player with whom I've ran maps
When all of them have the exact same experience, every single day

Maybe it isn't really bad luck. RNG is supposed to be random and there's nothing random here at all.
I've been playing alone on Torment league and managed to get to lvl 76 maps twice. I was like wtf are these guys complaining here about, nothing has changed.

But then my luck has gone. I am now back to my last 3 x 70 maps, last 30 maps I've done I only got very few higher lvl or the same lvl maps. It would be almost funny if it wasn't true but I am getting map drops but always below the map lvl. So my map pool is increasing all the time but with the low lvl maps only :(

Getting a bit depressed and thinking of buying higher lvl maps already.

IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
People dont get that we are not talking about 77-78 maps.I CAN'T GET OVER ILVL71.It's freaking impossible to play.I played 8hours today and mapped non stop.Made 30% xp.It's REALLY FRUSTRATING!
hmm.. Thats not so good news..
I'm downloading game after nearly 2 year not playing it, and my question on other forum was: is it still impossible to get higher lvl maps? (thats why I left the game by the way). And I see the answer is yes- still have to grind 68lvl maps being 84lvl..
Not sure to continuous download the game or just stop it if its same shit..
"
civillis wrote:
hmm.. Thats not so good news..
I'm downloading game after nearly 2 year not playing it, and my question on other forum was: is it still impossible to get higher lvl maps? (thats why I left the game by the way). And I see the answer is yes- still have to grind 68lvl maps being 84lvl..
Not sure to continuous download the game or just stop it if its same shit..

Um, without act 10 out yet, and that coems in 2020 or so, why would they make it easy to lvl up with maps?
Fools, only lucky people and streamers get to level in this game, not you!
IGN: poor_newb
From past mapping experience, I can say that I have noticed worse drops as well. It's pretty shitty when you are forced to grind 71 maps with lvl 89 in torment without getting any reasonable returns. The current drops pretty much remind me of open beta map drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info