Unique items that could use some love

"
kolton wrote:

But it's always cool to see a wimpy witch wearing this 2-handed monstrosity.
Maybe with the new skeleton buff and spell echo it might work as a temporary solution?

as hard as ive tried skeletons - SRS is just 100times better than skeletons so who cares..
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
I'll agree that Hyrri's Ire is a perplexing one.

edit: it might be a lot cooler if it gave you back the 50% ES/armor lost from taking acrobatics.

cool gimmick but i would vendor it anyway

it is the 'take acro to take phase acro but hey you have acro already..' that makes this item crap

and while 50% es/ar sounds good - what difference would it make? 300AR from few pieces there and there? 200ES? insignificant. ofc taking EB (if nearby) to utlize these 120 ES points makes sense - more mana, less problems. but hey.. there are way better ways.

unless they change acro to phase acro and/or 'cloakofdiefiancey' it by giving it some flat % dodge/spell dodge there is little hope

noone is going to take this item just to have acro (as it is the phase acro that really means something). without it there are two other garbage mods (cold damage.. yay! ~30avg cold damage!) coupled to above average EV rating chest.

My thinking is that by giving back the armor, you could then take IR without penalty. This would, in effect, make it the only item in the game which would allow you to have high armor AND a decent amount of dodge.

In that way, it would be a viable option, and would eliminate the but I already took acrobatics conundrum you and others have presented.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I'm sure (phase) acro EB builds with full mana would also have a lot of potential. And granite flasks without mali are a nice cherry on top.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Chernobog appeared previously.

I think that the stats (conversion mainly) are ok.
What makes it a dust collector is the 'curse on hit' component. It steals one curse slot! it is huge in practice (And absolutely revolting while playing in party)

it might not be as visible when playing one-hit builds, but when using something like molten strike this enfeeble is pretty much always on. and moltenstrike happens to be the best skill to use with this shield

I have another, widely and wildly discussed previously:

how can one use it? It has stats all over the place. I know that many theorycrafters praised it for that diversity but.. it just doesnt work. Anyone has ANY build using this item? This ele->chaos conversion ofc screams CI but.. it just doesnt work. I tried only briefly so please - correct me if im wrong with this one
Last edited by sidtherat on Nov 30, 2014, 3:03:34 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

If I ever find one of those, I'll definitely buy skin transfers :) For that look alone, it has a place in this game...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:

If I ever find one of those, I'll definitely buy skin transfers :) For that look alone, it has a place in this game...

it seems to not have 3D art

if you want 'good 3d art try this on a meh item' - someone recommended it, and i was not disappointed:

"
Daresso wrote:

A tough one, appeared already earlier and we deemed it "shit" with useful unique affix (conversion) alongside with some okayish stats so it didn't make it. It does its thing, just that the thing isn't very good and hence it isn't used a lot.

"
Chernobog's seems heavily outdated. It is still used in some EK/Shockwave Totem builds to convert phys into fire (even 100% conversion is possible through this, AoF and Hrimsorrow). Combine with The Three Dragons for shock effect. Also nice chunk of armor. Outdated, could use some buff sure but wouldn't still claim it to belong into the trash bin.

"
sidtherat wrote:
Chernobog appeared previously.

I think that the stats (conversion mainly) are ok.
What makes it a dust collector is the 'curse on hit' component. It steals one curse slot! it is huge in practice (And absolutely revolting while playing in party)

it might not be as visible when playing one-hit builds, but when using something like molten strike this enfeeble is pretty much always on. and moltenstrike happens to be the best skill to use with this shield

I have another, widely and wildly discussed previously:

how can one use it? It has stats all over the place. I know that many theorycrafters praised it for that diversity but.. it just doesnt work. Anyone has ANY build using this item? This ele->chaos conversion ofc screams CI but.. it just doesnt work. I tried only briefly so please - correct me if im wrong with this one

Oh man, this thing... idk, so many people have claimed they can make it shine but I don't think anyone backed up those claims yet. Someone bought one off me in Beyond so I guess it has some use. I got one sitting in standard, I'll see what we can do with it with 1.3...
"
kolton wrote:
This one makes me sad:

I tried a crit sword heavy strike with it for bleed n shit, and while it does sort of work, it works just as well without it, and I just reverted back to sword+sword dual strike.

Yeah, kinda similar experiences. As an off-hand only the bleed and poison won't do that much. It has some minor ele res and block but there are way better options for off-hand only weapons out there... For actual weapon, it just has too low damage output to do well. Also, very high level req., I'd say this one is pretty unviable (some might argue that it's good starting dagger before you get anything above the price of 10c but I doubt that's what this unique was supposed to do..).

"
kolton wrote:

This one is just awkward:

But it's always cool to see a wimpy witch wearing this 2-handed monstrosity.
Maybe with the new skeleton buff and spell echo it might work as a temporary solution?

Well, it has +1 to spectres too. Summoners are really flexible when it comes to gearing and it's not very uncommon to see this used as life based budged weapon. Only other weapon there with +1 spectres would be Midnight Bargain which then again reserves 30% of life.

Ehh summoners are actually heavily gear dependent. It is morr accurate to say SRS are not gear dependent. But traditional summoners are heavily reliant and terrible items like montreguls which dramatically reduces your DPs midnight bargain which is unusable unless you spec for es and waste an aura slot on discipline. And the chober and queens are awful . but really as anyone who has played SRS or dominating bow can tell you... Zombies spectrs and skeletons are shit in comparison. Hell you can solo uber atziri with a 3l dominating blow . normal summoners have trouble just getting to her. So I'm putting all summoning items except uller on this list because they deserve it on pure principle. Because simple math tells you that 40 SRS or 80 dominated monsters will outclass minion that have a soft cap of 2 8 and 12. Its silly joke
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 30, 2014, 10:33:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info