Unique items that could use some love

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You just compared AR/EV to things that you can get with that chest. That item doesn't prevent you from using those other defense mechanics.

but it stops me from using lightning coil, daresso, BoR (block armor slot) and many more armors with useful stats. heck, stats on Cherubin are so bland and far from gamechanging that id rather opt for cloak of flames + AA for 20% phys damage reduction and some nice fire-based perks

this armor is 1000$ turned into.. something that some feel 'obliged' to like as it is a supporter' unique. but pretty much everyone knows it is crap
I personally don't care if it was a supporter or not. There's lots of supporter uniques I don't like, but this isn't one of them.

It's a niche chest. Is that a problem?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I personally don't care if it was a supporter or not. There's lots of supporter uniques I don't like, but this isn't one of them.

It's a niche chest. Is that a problem?

niche as in - 'wearing this item doesnt really benefit you in a substantial way and the alternatives are very tempting but is not bad enough to call it crap'?

alternative cost to wearing this chest is very high and the benefit gained by wearing it - insignificant:

- life (lets ignore it, chest without a life needs to be AMAZING or ES)
- ar/ev values that are pretty much worthless in practice but are above average, thats true
- life leech.. gimmick no1
- puny chaos dmg increase.. gimmick no2

where is the niche?
"
sidtherat wrote:

alternative cost to wearing this chest is very high and the benefit gained by wearing it - insignificant:

- ar/ev values that are pretty much worthless in practice but are above average, thats true

where is the niche?

Makes Viper Strike almost sorta worth playing?
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

where is the niche?

Makes Viper Strike almost sorta worth playing?

why? for a melee chest one needs something better than this - phys reduction is the key (coil, cloak of flames + AA). this armor does not support AA (no mana, no int). no resists requires much better other pieces (that in practice means less uniques that usually have bad defences to balance their unique properties)

for Viper Strike - that is a single target skill anyway (splash everything is better than VS) youd be better with attack speed on gloves that you can equip because you took rare chests with resists and can equip good AS gloves + vuln on hit OR take Bron's Lithe that provides 10% AS that is worth a lot more than 10% chaos (while still being a meh armor - but for VS build - better than Cherubin)

BTW
poe.trade (standard):

there are 14 5+ linked Cherrubim's Maleficence chests
and just a single 6 linked one

compared to:
15 5+ Icetombs

it might not be huge.. but it tells something about the 'power' and value of an item
Last edited by sidtherat on Dec 1, 2014, 1:27:57 PM
Yah, for melee Cherrubim's pathetic next to Bloodseeker + any decent chest.
Last edited by RogueMage on Dec 1, 2014, 1:31:44 PM
Oh, some good talk around Cherrubim. Yeah, I have the feeling that it also lacks something. That leech rate increase or added chaos % damage doesn't really differ it from a rare chest. But is it really as useless as some people claim here? Personally I didn't get to try it yet.

Maybe it could have chaos damage leech to be instant to really promote stacking chaos damage while keeping this chaos/leech -theme going.

EDIT : And I'd still love to hear about someone who has been using Mon'tregul's Grasp after snapshot fix. Can it be made to work?
Last edited by Grughal on Dec 1, 2014, 2:52:47 PM
"
Grughal wrote:
Maybe it could have chaos damage leech to be instant to really promote stacking chaos damage while keeping this chaos/leech -theme going.

A Unique with DoT life leech could be awesome...
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

A Unique with DoT life leech could be awesome...

Yeah, that would be pretty unique too. I'd be all over it with my DD or EA builds.
"
Grughal wrote:
Oh, some good talk around Cherrubim. Yeah, I have the feeling that it also lacks something. That leech rate increase or added chaos % damage doesn't really differ it from a rare chest. But is it really as useless as some people claim here? Personally I didn't get to try it yet.

EDIT : And I'd still love to hear about someone who has been using Mon'tregul's Grasp after snapshot fix. Can it be made to work?

+1 zombie from catharina -> 5 big zombies

so it has some potential but it isnt op as it was with snapshot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info