So, this is good game design? Flickerstriking spiders x 40.

Did you try entering the room with the dusktoe boots and an amethyst flask, coupled with a classic Cwdt set-up?

This boss i about preparing for the room, that's why the room is there to begin with and he doesn't just spawn in the wild.

You can simply port out, equip the boots + flask + cwdt set-up and finish him like that.

I see no reason to dumpster an entire char if you enjoy it because of this.

i have done this room with a 760 low life hp character with 3800 ES, just prep for it.

Peace,

-boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
For my build, jungle valley boss is the most difficult one

The thing is, she is always the hardest boss for the builds i play
Being unprepared for something you have done before is your own fault. The game design is fine, dont be a lazyass trying to glass cannon maps.

50% block, 76 all res. lvl 19AA and 2700hp - Thats what most people start mapping at. Only a fool would think that is badass .
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Oct 29, 2014, 9:47:40 PM
I can do this easy with my 4.9k hp 70/75 block AA+EB+MoM incinerator.... 4.9k NOT 2.7k
"
Maxwells wrote:

When you enter a lair and you get flickered from a gazillion spiders. #JustGGGthings

Now , imagine this in Zana's missions " Kill the corrupted boss " FRACTURED and tell me this isn't the best ever .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Oct 29, 2014, 10:17:11 PM
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
Maxwells wrote:

When you enter a lair and you get flickered from a gazillion spiders. #JustGGGthings

Now , imagine this in Zana's missions " Kill the corrupted boss " FRACTURED and tell me this isn't the best ever .
This isn't. There is a problem with Zana's unique map mod pool - it misses one critical mod: "Melee monsters always flickerstrike instead of normal attacks".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
40 mobs hitting you all at once is the core design of POE, and why everyone here is using these multiple layers of defences. Whether it is a bad design or not - well, I'd say it is. It is overwhelming the players with numbers instead of making the gameplay itself challenging, but who cares.
You missed the core design of PoE maps bosses in HC perspective:

Do you have a single doubt about breezing through this particular boss?
Skip it. No exceptions.
"
Takomancer wrote:
its more of chaos res check. if you have about 50% positive chaos res, weaver would do about 500 damage to your health pool

I really dont think this boss does any chaos damage at all, people in the thread keep on talking about chaos res, have you ever played this boss with a ci char? It does the same amount of damage it does to life characters, Im pretty certain the entire room is physical damage apart from viper strike which can spawn on some of the minions instead of flicker strike.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Takomancer wrote:
its more of chaos res check. if you have about 50% positive chaos res, weaver would do about 500 damage to your health pool

I really dont think this boss does any chaos damage at all, people in the thread keep on talking about chaos res, have you ever played this boss with a ci char? It does the same amount of damage it does to life characters, Im pretty certain the entire room is physical damage apart from viper strike which can spawn on some of the minions instead of flicker strike.

dummy hes Chaos EK =x however EK is split between PHYS and Chaos hence it hurts a lot because however amount damage he dealt when he EK'd it also adds that form of chaos.

So you have the following

1) Flicker spiders in the initial phase and continues to rain down

2) Normal spiders

3) Viper spiders

Then the boss itself which is Physical and Chaos alike aka Chaos EK biting you / throwing EK at you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 30, 2014, 7:58:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info