So, this is good game design? Flickerstriking spiders x 40.

"
Maxwells wrote:
"
"
Malone wrote:
lol@2700 hp

Hes not even a glass so that's very very low.

Ok, I'm quite tired of your smug attitude. How about you stop bashing and maybe say something that's helpfull?

Not everyone is SUPER rich and can afford good uniques. You, where once at this stage too, so grow up and stop being a dick.

At map levels, you should have this much hp without any hp rolls on your items lol.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
At map levels, you should have this much hp without any hp rolls on your items lol.

''lol'' ''lol'' ''lol'' ''lol''<---------Your entire sentence is reduced to white noise.

Ofc I know that my hp is low. Think this is the first char I've made? Now my point of this thread weren't how high or low hp I have. It's about the fact that you get jumped from off the screen THROUGHOUT of the entire progress, from lvl 1 to 100. That is what I wanted to shine some light upon and start a discussion if that's a good game design.

"
Boem wrote:
Did you try entering the room with the dusktoe boots and an amethyst flask, coupled with a classic Cwdt set-up?

This boss i about preparing for the room, that's why the room is there to begin with and he doesn't just spawn in the wild.

You can simply port out, equip the boots + flask + cwdt set-up and finish him like that.

I see no reason to dumpster an entire char if you enjoy it because of this.

i have done this room with a 760 low life hp character with 3800 ES, just prep for it.

Peace,

-boem-

You can do it op, i am sure of it.

Also 2700hp is a lot depending on mitigation. a build with 97 all resis for example with perma immortal call would receive almost no damage high enough to penetrate that hp pool.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Did you try entering the room with the dusktoe boots and an amethyst flask, coupled with a classic Cwdt set-up?

This boss i about preparing for the room, that's why the room is there to begin with and he doesn't just spawn in the wild.

You can simply port out, equip the boots + flask + cwdt set-up and finish him like that.

I see no reason to dumpster an entire char if you enjoy it because of this.

i have done this room with a 760 low life hp character with 3800 ES, just prep for it.

Peace,

-boem-

I'll get that map and try again with that setup, thanks for the constructive tips Boem.

First time I ran that boss actually. Got a tad upset of that specific, yet reoccurring game mechanic.
Last edited by Maxwells on Oct 31, 2014, 6:18:10 PM

At least it didn't have a fracture mod and your system didn't basically freeze up.
You'll find that a lot of the higher level map bosses are simply a hard-counter for specific builds. If you find one that you just can't deal with on a specific char, that is by design.

It *is* good design, because the intent is to get you to roll different chars with differing builds and playstyles.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
tramshed wrote:
Being unprepared for something you have done before is your own fault. The game design is fine, dont be a lazyass trying to glass cannon maps.

50% block, 76 all res. lvl 19AA and 2700hp - Thats what most people start mapping at. Only a fool would think that is badass .

I start mapping with level 15-16 gems...

His only problem is the hp.
^that's true, but the game also allows adaptation to bosses.

The skill gem system allows it and so do the items. sometimes swapping to a different skill, or getting that +max resis shield etc is what makes you survive the encounter.

Just saying a reroll is not always necessary to overcome a boss. Simply getting a leveld arctic armor vs shipyard and slotting mana leach for example does wonder to that boss.

A kaltenhalt trivializes the merveil fight coupled with a cold flask and purity of cold.

etc...

Usually if your build cant handle a fight, some minor adjustment's or items can solve the issue.

So just keep those maps aside and then run them all after another with that set-up prior to boss fight to counter and still get the xp/loot.

Peace,

-Boem-

(and really jungle valley is highly overrated because of the lack of "chaos resistance%" knowledge imo)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Maxwells wrote:

I'll get that map and try again with that setup, thanks for the constructive tips Boem.

First time I ran that boss actually. Got a tad upset of that specific, yet reoccurring game mechanic.

you're right of course.

flicker strike is a very hard mechanic to counter.

what makes jungle valley boss so silly is how hard the boss hits. they could spew out far fewer minions and it would still be a difficult encounter. i mean the shear amount of crap going on makes it impossible for me to figure out where the stupid boss is so i can try and avoid the ridiculous EK attack.

"
Maxwells wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

''lol'' ''lol'' ''lol'' ''lol''<---------Your entire sentence is reduced to white noise.

Ofc I know that my hp is low. Think this is the first char I've made? Now my point of this thread weren't how high or low hp I have. It's about the fact that you get jumped from off the screen THROUGHOUT of the entire progress, from lvl 1 to 100. That is what I wanted to shine some light upon and start a discussion if that's a good game design.

I am just saying that what they say is true. You are just imagining the smug attitude and whatever else.
Also, most uniques don't have hp rolls.

Spoiler
lol
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info