So, this is good game design? Flickerstriking spiders x 40.

This fight would be reasonable if GGG had any clue what risk vs reward meant.

Skip this boss, you dont need 12 alteration shards and a 67 map.
"just for try, for see and for know"
^this boss has actually dropped quite some good loot for me, all rng obviously, just saying for me its a good risk vs reward ratio so far.

I also don't have builds that can't complete this fight. People underestimate chaos resistance and how easily it can be attained that is all.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I think they could do risk vs reward very simply.

Certain enemy affixes have a certain amount of iir/iiq associated with them, like maps.

If a rare has reflect it could have +10 iir/iiq, if it has reflect and a nemisis mod +15 iir/iiq etc etc.

And then have some bosses that the average player has no business killing, overtune the jungle valley boss even more, slap +150 iir on it and no one will have any reason to complain.

It would still allow them to keep their precious RNG and it would make players put a bit of thought into things.

Im in the same boat as you boem, I dont find the game very difficult in general, I build pretty good characters.

But I wish it was difficult, I wish there were bosses I couldnt kill while I was having a snack - you know, maybe use a flask every once in a while?

Unfortunately, without adding a bit of reward the QQ would be overwhelming if they made the game difficult.
its more of chaos res check. if you have about 50% positive chaos res, weaver would do about 500 damage to your health pool
^they could give it 1000%iir and he could still drop shit, such is the nature of RNG :'), the boxes illustrate this perfectly, so does atziri vault (lel).

And there is already a risk vs reward, the boss is able to drop a +2 map. Aldo again it is RNG bound, it does happen if you stretch the time far enough. I think out of 20 jungle valleys the boss has dropped around 2 +1 or +2 maps. That's just the boss, not the map entirely. So that's quite good imo.

Only reasonable improvement imo would be that a boss no longer is able to drop maps lower then it's inherent map lvl. Jungle valley dropping a dunes is quite "REKT-mode".

All in all this boss is quite reasonable if you understand him, any char can handle him for the cost of 1 chaos. (with reasonable dps and hp obviously)

WTS 1 CHAOS

Peace,

-boem-

edit :

"
Takomancer wrote:
its more of chaos res check. if you have about 50% positive chaos res, weaver would do about 500 damage to your health pool

It's 640 dps on 75% chaos resistance to be accurate, i have done him on a no-shavronnes low life character.
It's pitiful if you understand him. He is just miss-understood :'(, he want's to give you his loot but...
Last edited by Boem on Oct 29, 2014, 4:37:49 PM
"
Boem wrote:
^they could give it 1000%iir and he could still drop shit, such is the nature of RNG :'), the boxes illustrate this perfectly, so does atziri vault (lel).

And there is already a risk vs reward, the boss is able to drop a +2 map. Aldo again it is RNG bound, it does happen if you stretch the time far enough. I think out of 20 jungle valleys the boss has dropped around 2 +1 or +2 maps. That's just the boss, not the map entirely. So that's quite good imo.

Only reasonable improvement imo would be that a boss no longer is able to drop maps lower then it's inherent map lvl. Jungle valley dropping a dunes is quite "REKT-mode".

All in all this boss is quite reasonable if you understand him, any char can handle him for the cost of 1 chaos. (with reasonable dps and hp obviously)

WTS 1 CHAOS

Peace,

-boem-

edit :

"
Takomancer wrote:

It's 640 dps on 75% chaos resistance to be accurate, i have done him on a no-shavronnes low life character.
It's pitiful if you understand him. He is just miss-understood :'(, he want's to give you his loot but...

don't forget to bring your

done, np

edit: or hell what am I saying

derp
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Oct 29, 2014, 4:43:37 PM
^Thats not actual risk vs reward though, because a barrel in a 74 map can also drop a 74 map, and so can a much easier encounter with a rare enemy in that same jungle valley map, for much less risk.

It would need to be specific instances based on probable difficulty (difficulty the devs would have to agree on, which is really ruining my idea, damn devs) Obviously some builds will trivialize it, but I think thats more exciting than a significant amount of players considering some of the content in the game non-existent because of difficulty.

In my opinion, 160% palace dominus should consistently drop better loot than a white 66 map boss, and that isnt the case. Its all random. Its just one big loot clusterfuck.

Is such a great flask, I cant imagine not running it on my characters at this point. For 1c, there is no reason not to.
@jake,

i thought the flask was obvious, but you are correct i should have linked it :/

Cheers for that, thank you sir.

Peace,

-Boem-
For this boss, the trick is to use the pillars to get out of line of sight to some of the spiders, so you dont get hit by every single flicker, while still killing fast enough to get flask charges back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info