So, this is good game design? Flickerstriking spiders x 40.

There are certain bosses you skip, this is one of them. By the time you are geared to handled it, the exp from that map sucks.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I'd say this is one of the bosses I'd always skip. I don't know whats up with people saying this a gear check. Lv78 maps are way easier then this crap.
"
Maxwells wrote:
I can't run away since they're flicker striking, I can't dodge them, I can't block all of them, I can't stun all of them, I can't freeze all of them. What should I do? Block them with my Jaw?

Spell block is your friend.
A Belligerent Expert System
"
mazul wrote:
There are certain bosses you skip, this is one of them. By the time you are geared to handled it, the exp from that map sucks.

This. All the 72s seem to be overtuned.
"
Taganov wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

This. All the 72s seem to be overtuned.

I'm taking this as the point of the thread to be honest.
Feedback that this particular map sucks for it's level.

To the OP, this is one of those maps I avoid.
Honestly, a little bit of research will tell you that the boss there is considered too much trouble for the maps level.

In other news, linear maps are great.
"
mazul wrote:

depends on the build. a properly built glass cannon spell build with high lvl gems can obliterate the boss+adds very fast.

my rf build Im playing now also got him somewhat easily when I got either 90% or 98% exp from the map. but then I had close to 6k life, because...well...rf build lol

I think the main problem with this boss is that some rares can provide crazy auras to boss and surrounding spiders. so its really a dps aoe check with big rng element, because if you cant kill fast enough and you get shitty rare mods, they WILL overwhelm most builds.
Last time I ran 72s was on my IB Facebreaker. No problems with JV boss, and he's wearing abyssus lol. Get a CWDT+IC setup.

Some builds are better in certain situations than others. Yes, that's good game design.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 29, 2014, 3:52:06 PM
First post i have seen i think where the spider are the problem and not the boss, congratz.

Basically what your saying is, i can't run a map with blue or rare spider mobs in it?

And the boss is easy if you know the fight.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
few things, I think the ek is pure phys and the only chaos in there is viper strike. I thought it was part chaos for a time but Im pretty certain now that its not, ish. Its not a gear check either, well, partial gear check like any hard content but more of a build check, certain builds do this with ease, others are awful but if they get enough deeps can just cannon through it sometimes. Risky imo, either you got a jungle valley build or you don't.

"
Maxwells wrote:
"
Your health pool what the fuck man lol you deserve that unless you're a glassy cannon that can obliterate things before they touch you, Your health pool is just awful.

You aren't going to fucking live towards 4-5 flicker spiders in the initial phase of that boss encounter

50% block, 76 all res. lvl 19AA and 2700hp. That's been enough in every single map I've done so far. Except this when I get jumped by 5 rares, 6 blues, a ton of whites, plus the boss doing Chaos dmg EK.

well welcome to a map where that is absolutely not going to cut it for a defensive build setup. Usually builds that just beastmode that map have decent physical mitigation, lots of avoidance and tankmode leech/loh or some kind of mechanic like Aegis shield. I have builds that would take on double jungle valley with damage mods without even thinking twice, no risk at all easy mode. I have other builds I would never put in that boss fight. Nothing different budget wise in their gear, maybe both builds can do Palace Dominus, theyre solid. But that room you either have the mechanical defense layers to deal with it or enough deeps to just spray and prey I guess? Not really a tactic I put much faith in tbh but it can work.

Ci aegis melee, coil + evasion + acro builds, gg hybrid armour + ev + block, these kinds of builds with high leech/loh attacks can tank it. Cast on crit, something like spec throw daggers with life on hit or maybe vaal pact, that sort of build can go in there with insufficient defensive mechanics but play well and just suffer the whole thing on life gain and deeps for the short time it lasts till something ends up dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info