So, this is good game design? Flickerstriking spiders x 40.

"
Maxwells wrote:
Well all this reality check got me to throw my char and his build in the dumpster. Great, now what? Meta CoC or Arc?

if you want a build to reliably take on jungle valley then those are probably not good choices. Melee, fast hitting aoe melee with multiple layers of strong defense, reave, double/dual strike splash, daggers, claws, maybe swords. Being melee will make other situations hard though where spellcasters would find it easy. That boss fight is hard because you cant maintain range, you have to facetank a swarm of mobs which is exactly where a melee wants to be anyway. Crit double strike splash is at home directly in the middle of a pack, reave is slower and prefers the edge of a pack, hence its slightly less effective, both work though.
My crit burn prolif build just loves this room. BBQ time.

However, things can go wrong (the guaranteed rares can have tricky aura combo) so it is better to just skip the boss if there is no good reason not to.
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Takomancer wrote:
its more of chaos res check. if you have about 50% positive chaos res, weaver would do about 500 damage to your health pool

I really dont think this boss does any chaos damage at all, people in the thread keep on talking about chaos res, have you ever played this boss with a ci char? It does the same amount of damage it does to life characters, Im pretty certain the entire room is physical damage apart from viper strike which can spawn on some of the minions instead of flicker strike.

dummy hes Chaos EK =x however EK is split between PHYS and Chaos hence it hurts a lot because however amount damage he dealt when he EK'd it also adds that form of chaos.

So you have the following

1) Flicker spiders in the initial phase and continues to rain down

2) Normal spiders

3) Viper spiders

Then the boss itself which is Physical and Chaos alike aka Chaos EK biting you / throwing EK at you.

you sure about that? We all thought shalazangwhateverthefuck from Labyrinth was chaos ek because it is green and does a ton of damage, but GGG have confirmed its 100% physical, which would make absolute sense as my ci chars take the same full damage from it my life chars take, which is the same full damage my ci chars take from jungle valley compared to life builds. If I had to bet on it I would bet its 100% physical.
yes hes part physical =x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just to add, the blue deadly spiders are usually (always?) flicker AND viper.

Carry on.

Edit: I suppose I'll add the /thread.
In summary, basically this fight can be trivialised by tankyness in the form of minimising damage taken, can be trivialised in the form of tankyness by not so much minimising but replenishing damage taken, or conversely can be trivialised by glass cannon wtfbbq1shotting.

It's kind of a strange fight in that the more you pull inwards from the 3 types above, to a balanced character, the less viable you tend to be.

That's without throwing certain mods into the mix.
Mods turn this fight upside down. For example, 'cannot die' can truly fuck with the tanky build relying on kills for charges (frenzy/flask). Reflect can truly fuck with the glass cannon, as can 'cannot die' for the same reasons. This is when the more viable will be the balanced character, but that balance is a very fine balance requiring an extremely well geared and tuned character.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 30, 2014, 8:31:35 AM
You need very good defenses or dps to burn everything down before it touches you. Did it yesterday with srs build, easy if you did it right.
Huh?
"
yes hes part physical =x

100% physical
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
yes hes part physical =x

100% physical

dummy the spider even says ''Chaos damage'' :_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
yes hes part physical =x

100% physical

Could be. As "Combat log" idea has been laughed at so many times before, we would need :

Guy A : CI + 0 armor => boss hits for X, averaged on ~ 100 hits
Guy B : -60% chaos res + 0 armor (+large Hp pool to survive) => boss hits for Y, averaged on ~ 100 hits
Guy C : -60% chaos res + "ludicrous" armor => boss hits for Z, averaged on ~ 100 hits

Hypothesis is that X and Y should be the same. C is control guy, he should get next to none dmg
He deals chaos damage, read the thread.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info