RaizQT's budget RF incinerator (Atziri killer build) 2.0 UPDATED!

"
Damiensama wrote:

I think it worth it because of the degen from the RF, wich actually BURN the target (rare or unique monster, the one really matters at high lvl), so it is ignited, and all damage receved by the target will benefit the +30% damage node, with our incinarate.

A burning DoT is the result of an ignite. It isn't an ignite in and of itself. Much like Searing Bond, the Righteous Fire DoT does not ignite enemies. It does burn them, but Celestial Punishment doesn't apply to burning mobs which are not ignited.
Are you sure about that ? If so, why everybody link their RF gem with inc area of effect, concentrated effect, and "increase burning damage" gem ? I've always thought that's because even RF apply a degen, the degen still burn (or ignite) the target.

I've played RF for 2 or 3 leagues from now, I always did that, because I've always read this on EVERY build about RF.
"
Damiensama wrote:
Are you sure about that ? If so, why everybody link their RF gem with inc area of effect, concentrated effect, and "increase burning damage" gem ? I've always thought that's because even RF apply a degen, the degen still burn (or ignite) the target.

I've played RF for 2 or 3 leagues from now, I always did that, because I've always read this on EVERY build about RF.

I think you're confused as to the difference between ignite and burn. Ignite is a status ailment that can only be applied on hit. Being that RF does not hit, but instead applies a burning degen, RF cannot ignite.

Increased Burning Damage gem increases the burning damage done by the RF degen. That degen is not an ignite though. It is a burn as indicated by the spell text, "Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage".

Edit: The issue with Celestial Punishment would be that Incinerate would have to be the spell that hits and causes ignites. I'm curious as to whether or not the duration of these ignites (generated by the cumulative +10% change to ignite/shock/freeze nodes) is sufficient to warrant speccing into Celestial Punishment instead of getting Ele DMG nodes at the start of Templar or just going into Heart of Flame instead of the triangle.
Last edited by Cataract on Dec 6, 2014, 4:43:14 PM
Ignoring Celestial Punishment for now, I just compared min Atziri spec from 1.2 to a build from 1.3 that I think is suitable.

The overall buff to this build has been pretty substantial. More life and more DPS with better mana regeneration and 0.1% more life regen on the tree.

I chose to stick with Heart of Flame over entering the Celestial triangle for a 107pt build. It's one or the other at level 88 and it likely doesn't make much of a difference which one is chosen. Heart of Flame gives you 1% more penetration with 71% fire DMG while Celestial Judement + Templar Ele nodes give you 1%less penetration with 54% ele DMG & 24% fire DMG.

[1.2]RaizQT's min Atziri Spec @ 107pts

http://poeurl.com/y11cQ46

[1.3]Guestimated min Atziri Spec @ 107pts

http://poeurl.com/y7RLBox

NET:
is marauder or templar better starting point now?
Last edited by Marysvillain on Dec 6, 2014, 5:10:05 PM
templar is better now. But he looks sooooooo ugly and ridiculous, even with all the microtransactions you can put in ^^
"
Damiensama wrote:
templar is better now. But he looks sooooooo ugly and ridiculous, even with all the microtransactions you can put in ^^
ya i remember him being pretty ugly lol oh well im just glad that this build was updated so quickly. I'm somewhat new still and had planned on doing RF on the new league but don't have enough knowledge or confidence to just wing it and trust it would be successful.
"
Marysvillain wrote:
is marauder or templar better starting point now?

Templar exits with two nodes: 1)+14life/+14mana 2)+5%life/+5%mana

Marauder exits with three nodes: 1)+16%armour/+16life 2)+6%armour/+5%life 3)+6%armour/+4%life

Overall, Templar exit is more efficient at getting to the main pathing of the tree. Uses less nodes and is better for the mana contribution to the MoM pool. By the late 80s, there are tons of 5% life nodes kicking around that make the 4% node unnecessary.

Templar also has 26% increased ele dmg in the first two nodes of the other exit while the other exit for marauder offers nothing to a caster.

RIP Marauder.
How this RF build would work with fire trap addition? I think that would provide a lot faster clearing speeds. All you do is throw a trap and run to another pack.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 6, 2014, 6:07:01 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
How this RF build would work with fire trap addition? I think that would provide a lot faster clearing speeds. All you do is throw a trap and run to another pack.

The build is designed to kill Atziri effectively and cheaply. Ain't gun be dun dat wit no fire trap. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info