RaizQT's budget RF incinerator (Atziri killer build) 2.0 UPDATED!

"
Cataract wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:
How this RF build would work with fire trap addition? I think that would provide a lot faster clearing speeds. All you do is throw a trap and run to another pack.

The build is designed to kill Atziri effectively and cheaply. Ain't gun be dun dat wit no fire trap. =)

First of all you need to get to Atziri and be able to use RF.
Secondly, why not? Fire trap does a lot more damage than incinerate. Of course it has shotgun effect but you can also stack up traps in 1 place.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 6, 2014, 6:19:16 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
Secondly, why not? Fire trap does a lot more damage than incinerate. Of course it has shotgun effect but you can also stack up traps in 1 place.

Need to get to Atziri to use RF? You use RF the entire time, always.

With the amount of ele dmg you are getting from the tree using an RF build, Fire Trap isn't going to be doing a whole lot of damage.

As for multiple traps being stacked in one place.. multiple burns from a single source do not stack. You would get the damage from the initial blast of each of those traps, but the burn from only one of them.

GMP Incinerate facetank shotgun is extremely fast at farming Normal Atziri. Not sure why you seem to think it's inefficient and requires rework.
"
Cataract wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:

Need to get to Atziri to use RF? You use RF the entire time, always.

With the amount of ele dmg you are getting from the tree using an RF build, Fire Trap isn't going to be doing a whole lot of damage.

As for multiple traps being stacked in one place.. multiple burns from a single source do not stack. You would get the damage from the initial blast of each of those traps, but the burn from only one of them.

GMP Incinerate facetank shotgun is extremely fast at farming Normal Atziri. Not sure why you seem to think it's inefficient and requires rework.

I said you need to get to the point where you can even use RF. It doesn't work without pheonix shield and you need high purity of fire. Farming stuff with fire trap is faster.

242% spell/fire/ele overall damage is not enough for a fire trap? Dude, fire trap scales of itself too. How much you would expect %damage is enough? You would have to spec full spell/fire dmg witch to get everything and then you would be squishy. Sorry but no. Look at the fire trapper builds.

+Talking about leveling. You spec more ele damage and only respec later to RF when you have the items. This way leveling is a lot better than with incinerate in the current guide.

Yes dude, I play fire trapper build. I know ground DoT doesn't stack. I meant you can throw 3 traps in one place. Captain Obvious, right?

Yes yes, Incinerate is great for shotgunning bosses, probably better but people should consider fire trap for their leveling stuff or map farming. Incinerate is only good for bosses.
Fire trap is also safer. You just throw it and keep running, looting or whatever. For incinerate you have to stand in place.

EDIT:
I went to corrupted vaal dungeon. Threw traps all over. Cleared the packs in few seconds and saw that the boss is almost dead. = I took 0 risks and did it with a calm face running around.
You decide.

Another thing. You use fire trap, you ignite enemies they take ignite damage and DoT damage from burning ground too and with a new templars node Celestial Punishment you deal also 30% more damage to ignited enemies/bosses with your shotgun Incinerate while they are also taking damage from burn and ignite. How good is that?
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 6, 2014, 7:30:04 PM
Ok. There really isn't much to argue about here. Once you can run RF and have 20 purities, this is an Atziri farming build.

Are you saying, "why not fire trap until you have everything set up for Atziri?"

If that is the case, I personally agree with you. I will be flameblasting until I have a 5L Cloak with Rise and level 20 purity at level 88/89 with any luck.

Once that is accomplished, RF/Incinerate are all that will be needed and the idea of using Fire Trap (or Flameblast in my case) goes out the window.
Im planing to play this build with a Scion, is that a bad decision? i spend only 1 more skillpoint and the quest revards looks like the same.

here is the build i come up with, im not sure how important Barbarism is, its 6 skillpooint in new tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7GrhynDF9TpYLHPC1M_69saPLwH6IA_grYvTWStfKpbngNC2F5aMEEXz--igHc4uphIYTvG8hDMbZBTioppXwOp1VboHTtJ9VgSwUteu-E2ZitKPrr7prgRZ1TUqcIuJPYJDbFHwKD2wQHVcZMs5UgLR9rF7zqwFRqQ8Hzgh7bCw==
Last edited by Therkwar on Dec 7, 2014, 1:51:54 AM
"
Cataract wrote:
Ok. There really isn't much to argue about here. Once you can run RF and have 20 purities, this is an Atziri farming build.

Are you saying, "why not fire trap until you have everything set up for Atziri?"

If that is the case, I personally agree with you. I will be flameblasting until I have a 5L Cloak with Rise and level 20 purity at level 88/89 with any luck.

Once that is accomplished, RF/Incinerate are all that will be needed and the idea of using Fire Trap (or Flameblast in my case) goes out the window.

I have a question regarding that: What would your flameblast setup be? Flameblast, Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Fire Penetration?
"
jealkeja wrote:
"
Cataract wrote:

I have a question regarding that: What would your flameblast setup be? Flameblast, Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Fire Penetration?

That is exactly the fire trap setup. I doubt flameblast is any effective with those when it's all about charging and reaching end stage ASAP and then you 1 shot everything. Do echo, faster casting, fire pen.

If you want to ignite enemies use fire trap, it's instant and burn totally destroys everything. Trying to ignite with flameblast is stupid, IMO. It already has the damage to finish when it's fully charged and with inc. AoE you can nuke more than half of the screen.

Or even better use both. It's really weird for me when people forget/don't know about fire traps clear potential.

P.S. Tell me if I am missing here something about flameblast.
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 7, 2014, 7:14:46 AM
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
jealkeja wrote:

Early on in a 5L, you'd be using Flameblast, Fire Pen, Ele Prolif, Conc Effect, Chance to Ignite. Chance to Ignite can be swapped out for Increased Burning DMG once you have 20q Flameblast and ideally a 20q Inc Burning for the additional 40% (30 from FB, 10 from Inc Burn) chance to ignite from gems. The 1.3 Tree has 25% chance to ignite in efficient nodes. Without Chance to Ignite gem you can have a 65% chance to ignite with Flameblast. 79% chance with Flammability cursed.

"
hellzer wrote:
That is exactly the fire trap setup. I doubt flameblast is any effective with those when it's all about charging and reaching end stage ASAP and then you 1 shot everything. Do echo, faster casting, fire pen.

If you want to ignite enemies use fire trap, it's instant and burn totally destroys everything. Trying to ignite with flameblast is stupid, IMO. It already has the damage to finish when it's fully charged and with inc. AoE you can nuke more than half of the screen.

Or even better use both. It's really weird for me when people forget/don't know about fire traps clear potential.

P.S. Tell me if I am missing here something about flameblast.

You're missing something here about Flameblast. There is a reason why every top group in a one week race will have a Flameblaster in it. Flameblast ignites result in some of the strongest burns in the game. It is very easy to ignite with flameblast. You only need a 1/2 stack Flameblast to one-shot most things.

Flameblast crushes Fire Trap. This is especially true early in leagues when good crit gear isn't available. If one-shotting map bosses on a self-found character doesn't sound good to you, then yeah...

"
hellzer wrote:

Trying to ignite with flameblast is stupid, IMO.

Starting to think you're just trolling me now.
"
Cataract wrote:
You're missing something here about Flameblast. There is a reason why every top group in a one week race will have a Flameblaster in it. Flameblast ignites result in some of the strongest burns in the game. It is very easy to ignite with flameblast. You only need a 1/2 stack Flameblast to one-shot most things.

Flameblast crushes Fire Trap. This is especially true early in leagues when good crit gear isn't available. If one-shotting map bosses on a self-found character doesn't sound good to you, then yeah...

I agree that the burn is stronger but the time it takes for you to get to it... I will have my 2 if not 3 traps thrown on the ground by the time you charge your flameblast without any increased casting speeds. And also you're very vulnerable while charging, even when you have a decoy totem, mobs will destroy your totem sooner. I myself run leveled up decoy totem with extra resists and still.

Usually 1 trap is enough to clear whole packs.
+ Bonus before opening strong boxes. You throw 4 traps and then open any strong box. Everything just explodes like it was a nuclear bomb. Love it. :D

And you can't deny the fact that fire trap makes the gameplay a lot safer and fast phased.

Good thing about Flameblast is it's early power to one shot any rares and 2-shot bosses. That's it.
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 7, 2014, 12:32:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info