Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

ITT we learn that only RMTs should be able to afford excellent gear.

Go away. Current system is fine, for the first time since the game's inception "crafting" finally deserves the name.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:

Go away. Current system is fine, for the first time since the game's inception "crafting" finally deserves the name.

I know, right? I actually have to work to get good stuff? Fucking GGG, everyone should always have the best stuff no matter how casual or incompetent they are! Everyone is a winner!
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
Now everyone, if they grind for long enough to acquire the low level currencies, acquiring decent gear is achievable. Now you can grind, craft, and get the good gear, and feel rewarded for the time grinding spent.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nope. Eternal/exalting to create a masterpiece hasn't been changed. What has been changed is the demand for these items. That's good. There shouldn't be such a huge demand for a masterpiece.

The dagger you linked is fine... but it's no masterpiece. Still cost the producer of it enough, unless he got really lucky.

Its only marginally worse off than a perfect item only a rmt lord with thousands of exalts could ever hope to produce.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

my current total wealth across all leagues is 5 exalts. I have 5 whole exalted orbs. This isnt about my ego at all, I said what I said because it qualifies yes, it qualifies me as someone who has a clue what they are talking about when it comes to gear of this level, who has actually used it and knows what it does and hence has genuine concern for the state of the game. Like someone already said, this benefits everyone, a nerf to this crafting is a nerf to me.

Look at your character list, look at my character list. Who do you think is going to get lvl8 masters first? Who here is putting in 20x the hours as the other? Who here is going to have the alts and regals freely availible to craft these god tier weapons? It aint you brother, sry m8. I stand to gain way more form this than you, and Im asking for that opportunity to rapidly ascend so far beyond you that you would be an ant under my shoe to be taken away cause its retardedly broken, for the good of the game. What are you arguing for? Not for the good of the game, thats for sure, your opinion is based on your own greed which is misplaced and comes from an inexperienced point of view.

Heh. No-lifer elitist attitude comfirmed. Proven my point exactly.

Casual scrubs can now look forward at a decent shot at Atziri. Instead of getting worn out and burnt out and quit. We can now actually partake in the end game content too. No more elitist gear check. We'd get there in a few months, for us casuals. Good to see other members of the community giving you the rightful trashing you deserve.

Addit: Ahhh, so you don't have much liquid currency, but are holding on to hard assets like end-game tier equipment. Which would make you kind isolated from the currency item inflation. Makes so much sense now that you are QQing so much, Snorky. Seeing the value of your assets tank now. You hate that, and you don't want that. Hence the ulterior motive of the QQ. Your time and currency investment going down the drain. Soon you won't be able to sell them for more than a chaos cos we peasants will be crafting our own gear, so better sell them quick, quick!

Oh, and no need for Level 8 matey, level 7 is enough ;)
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
holocaustus wrote:

right here in your very first line you prove you have no clue what you are talking about an invalidate everything you have to say, well done.

"
zzang wrote:

all in all i see profit for 99% of player base just for the 1% elitists i see a reason to complain here and yet you do.

then you obviously dont see very well, hence why you have the position on this you do. You know what those elitists are doing right now? Making rape trade profit off selling amster crafts. Im not in that group, those players are so far beyond my level I dont even register on the scope. What I am is a player who actually has enough experience to see the bigger picture here. ~Its not about elitists getting but hurt, theyre laughing, theyre making more money than ever, this change seals their right to hold monopoly over gear in challenge leagues because they can craft shit better than anyone else can find and thanks to the master leveling they will get there first and the people who needed help, the casual scrubs will never get there in a 3 month window. This is about players who are too clueless to understand or too blinded by greed to admit this is broken and needs sorted for the sake of the game, got nothing to do with elitists, sry to burst your little bubble mate. You see your opportunity to have weapons that rival mirrored perfection for pathetic pocket change and yopu dont want some realist who actually cares about the game like me spoiling it for you by pointing out thats its retarded.

Someone posted that dragon hunger earlier, let me tell you people about that dagger and what it does. I got this thing instandard league not long ago by selling a shavs that I bought to use as a skin, thats how silly standard league has got for players who have been playing a long time there.

I put it on my characters and ran some maps. This wasnt faceroll, this was 1 shotting virtually everything in the game. You got a 20k dps lvl80 character? Go do a normal difficulty piety run, thats what a shrine map feels like with this weapon. Its absurd. I ran some maps with it, laughed, and then went to play Rampage league with a fresh start because how fun is running normal piety of a lvl80 character with 20k dps? How fun is playing an area where the items that drop are so meaningless compared to what you are wearing that might as well not even bother looting them? Its not fun guys, its not challenging, its not playing the game, it makes the game pathetic.

so I went to rampage, fresh start, no wealth, no dragon hunger, this was my gear setup within 5 days...

A lot of that stuff was self found, I was 1 shotting bosses in lvl73 maps on day 4 of the league, 1 shotting bosses. Is that the game you want to play? Where you can 1 shot map bosses? Whats the point of even playing the bloody game? Why not just load up doom 2, type /godmode /giveall and just kill everything in the game with a bfg, such fun, such challenge... it was a joke, a pathetic joke.

So, I went to beyond and decided to play a solo, self found dual wield melee duelist to try and find some challenge in the game, because I actually want to play, I dont want to 1 shot bosses and exiles in some joke blizzard noob game for casuals who dont want challenge and longevity.

Within a few days I hit the lvl80 immortal achievement, Im not even a hardcore player, this is my second proper hardcore character Ive ever rolled, this is my gear at lvl80

Im destroying every level of map I have access to with this gear, I have over 17k dps single target and Im just facerolling any area I can get into. Sure the beyond mobs are annoying as fuck and slow down farming massively, theyre still not even coming close to being able to kill me. Look at those weapons, then look at that dragon hunger.... You dont need a dragon hunger, you dont even need a binos, what on earth are you people thinking? How easy do you want this game to be?

Let me tell you something from someone whos been there, you dont want a dragon hunger, you think you do, thats what keeps you playing, when you actually get one it will be fun for 5 mins and then ur done with the game, theres nothing even remotely challenging left for you in mapping. Youve got uber atziri and thats it, thats your only hope of finding a challenge. how are you going to run uber all day? If you couldnt afford a dragon hunger before you cant afford to run uber all day, hate to break it to you. you want to farm midnights for weeks followed by farming normal atziri for weeks to get the chance for a 1 off attempt to actually play a boss worthy of this stupid gear you have? Let me tell you something, thats no fun, go ask terrex how fun that is.

real talk people, this game is too fucking easy already, even before this bullshit op multimod crafting, its an absolute joke. If you could see what Ive seen you wouldnt be arguing with me, not if youb are the sort of person who wants any sort of challenge in the game. If you want some bullshit easy game with literally zero challenge then imo this shouldnt be the game for you, I refuse to believe thats the game GGG wanted to make and Im not gonna sit here and watch it turn into some bullshit diablo 3 casual op fuckfest without speaking my mind for sake of real gamers who want a real challenge. This aint no "cornering the market elitist trader" talk, this is real talk from a real gamer. This change takes a section of people who were already playing a pathetically easy game, the trade elite, and buffs them to absurd levels, absolutely absurd, Im very sorry if me speaking the truth here is jeopardizing your plans to build your own loathe bane for joke money but it needs said.

"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Casual scrubs can now look forward at a decent shot at Atziri.

and right here you also prove you dont have a clue what you are talking about. A decent shot at atziri? You are so clueless it hurts to even look at what you typed. You dont need a weapon like that for a shot at atziri, you dont need a weapon even half as good as that and the fact you think you do proves you are such a clueless noob that nothing you have to say on this issue should be taken seriously by anyone, I know it, GGG know, I prey to god one day you actually have the first clue about this game and get to know it yourself so I dont have to read such nonsense from you.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Let me tell you something from someone whos been there, you dont want a dragon hunger, you think you do, thats what keeps you playing, when you actually get one it will be fun for 5 mins and then ur done with the game, theres nothing even remotely challenging left for you in mapping. Youve got uber atziri and thats it, thats your only hope of finding a challenge. how are you going to run uber all day? If you couldnt afford a dragon hunger before you cant afford to run uber all day, hate to break it to you. you want to farm midnights for weeks followed by farming normal atziri for weeks to get the chance for a 1 off attempt to actually play a boss worthy of this stupid gear you have? Let me tell you something, thats no fun, go ask terrex how fun that is.

real talk people, this game is too fucking easy already, even before this bullshit op multimod crafting, its an absolute joke. If you could see what Ive seen you wouldnt be arguing with me, not if youb are the sort of person who wants any sort of challenge in the game. If you want some bullshit easy game with literally zero challenge then imo this shouldnt be the game for you, I refuse to believe thats the game GGG wanted to make and Im not gonna sit here and watch it turn into some bullshit diablo 3 casual op fuckfest without speaking my mind for sake of real gamers who want a real challenge. This aint no "cornering the market elitist trader" talk, this is real talk from a real gamer. This change takes a section of people who were already playing a pathetically easy game, the trade elite, and buffs them to absurd levels, absolutely absurd, Im very sorry if me speaking the truth here is jeopardizing your plans to build your own loathe bane for joke money but it needs said.

As someone who put down his tornado shot ranger after playing for a week and getting absolutely steamrolled by the Jungle Valley boss, let me tell you:

Yes, I do want a Dragon Hunger.

See, here's my philosophy: whenever you're on a journey, whether in a game, in a career, whatever it is, you want to make progress. If that progress means "hey I have a dagger that has 2x the DPS of the next best thing", then so be it.

The issue isn't so much the dragon hunger, so much as getting to it (or something within spitting distance, such as a multimod crafted item built on top of a tyrannical or flaring prefix), as the fact that getting to that point in and of itself is a slog. However, there are people that are offering master crafting services, so as to circumvent GGG's forced grinding nonsense. Some charge a moderate fee, some give it away.

Also, regarding the difficulty of reaching Uber Atziri: yes, that's a problem. If someone has the gear required for Uber Atziri, frankly, I think they should have the right to access her at pace.

See, the problem isn't the master crafting abilities so much as the forced grind to get to those levels. Because when you say "you'll quit within 5 minutes of getting your Dragon Hunger", well, guess what? I quit long before that, because of all the forced grinding the game makes one do.

At the end of the day, developers should be honest with themselves--if they only have 50 hours of content in the game, then they only have 50 hours worth of content. Why force a grind on so many people, to turn what should be a fun ten hour experience into a two hundred hour slog?

And it's honestly perfectly alright to say "yep, I'm steamrolling everything, time to put the game down." All good things must come to an end, or they turn bad. You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

Furthermore, if you're steamrolling everything with a Dragon Hunger, how about replacing some of that gear with gear with some IIR on it, and some of those skill gems as well? If you're steamrolling everything, why is it that you only have 5 orbs worth of currency, instead of re-gearing the character to overkill things a little less? Also, how the heck are you dealing with reflect? Don't you just one-shot yourself?

Or why not build a PvP character around said Dragon Hunger, and go into the arenas, and slay people?

Trust me, there are plenty of reasons to want said Dragon Hunger. Just because you can't come up with them doesn't mean that there isn't more enjoyment to be had out of this game.

Oh, and one other thing--a 6L 200 DPS Harbinger in five days?

HOW?
So within 5 DAYS of rampage you got a:

270 pdps 6L Harbinger
3x 20q gems
5L coil
Rats Nest

Unless you went no-life, flipped items or got extremely lucky it's unlikely.

You are suposed to melt stuff when you have a 6L like that lol.
I melt 78 maps on my facebreaker with an investment of 5-8ex that is not the point, i even removed Melee Splash from it because the ignite from herald of ash is enough.

A 6xT1 harbinger is DOUBLE your bow dps, so what is the problem here?
You want to say reaching HALF of the possible maximum is still broken?

Game isn't designed around 6xT1 weapons obviously, but that doesn't mean it's broken.
Every build is pretty much one shotting lower content after a point.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 19, 2014, 4:30:03 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
So within 5 DAYS of rampage you got a:

270 pdps 6L Harbinger
3x 20q gems
5L coil
Rats Nest

Unless you went no-life, flipped items or got extremely lucky it's unlikely.

People tend to go no-life at the start of a new league. The first days of a new league are very important for making currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info