Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Yes, Snorkie, theres alot of dread with the likes of people like you who realize that crafting good gear, (not to that extent though) is achievable now, so we don't need to go to your shop and pay your exorbitant prices, or use the exploitative mirror services, or go to RMT to acquire 100s of exalts required.

If this continues past the next league, I'm tipping my money into GGG's kitty and be another Grandmaster supporter as an endorsement of this policy.

you never needed to do that. No dread from me mate, you see me offering a mirror service on my gears? No, do I have mirror worthy gear? Yes. Is my dagger still better than all these ones posted? Yes.

This has nothing to do with my wealth, the relative power of my gear, my ability to make money in this game. This has to do with what is possible and what is required to get there from a player who actually has experience of the larger picture. This is not crafting good gear, this is crafting gear so far beyond good that it makes actually playing the game and looting gear obsolite, if you cant see it then Im sorry but you are an inexperienced player who has no clue about gear on this scale, has never used it, has no idea how powerful it is, has no real grasp of the fact you can destroy every map in the game with gear that is leagues below some of these examples.
"
Mannoth wrote:
Try to roll a tyranical on a dagger or for that matter ANYTHING and tell me how easy it is to make these items, and then NOT destroy them by a bad regal.

Rolling tyrannical on a dagger costed me 2 exalts in alterations on ambush. And if it had spawned with a bad suffix it would have been useless anyway.
Now imagine the chances of getting a good regal.

Either that dagger was some MAD luck or a lot of exalts in currency was poured into it anyway.

This is also true.

But you need to consider that you dont need the T1 rolls. Id be fine with t2/t3 rolls too and even that would suffice for endgame.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

you never needed to do that. No dread from me mate, you see me offering a mirror service on my gears? No, do I have mirror worthy gear? Yes. Is my dagger still better than all these ones posted? Yes.

This has nothing to do with my wealth, the relative power of my gear, my ability to make money in this game. This has to do with what is possible and what is required to get there from a player who actually has experience of the larger picture. This is not crafting good gear, this is crafting gear so far beyond good that it makes actually playing the game and looting gear obsolite, if you cant see it then Im sorry but you are an inexperienced player who has no clue about gear on this scale, has never used it, has no idea how powerful it is, has no real grasp of the fact you can destroy every map in the game with gear that is leagues below some of these examples.

Thats the best part.

You dont need to buy overpriced midtier items anymore.

Finally you don't need to shop for endgem items, cause you can craft them yourself.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Except even rolling a 2xT2 dagger will drain your orbs fast.

Thing is some stuff that drops is actually useable now, and only the people who are threatened by this are the ones who either hold the mirrorable gear and are scared of their mirror service not paying off or the ones who are scared of their average gear not selling.

Why can't people be happy that now EVERYONE can try their hand at crafting and not the 1% of the population?

Also all craftable options are 1.5 - 2.0 times weaker than T1 tiers.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
Try to roll a tyranical on a dagger or for that matter ANYTHING and tell me how easy it is to make these items, and then NOT destroy them by a bad regal.

Rolling tyrannical on a dagger costed me 2 exalts in alterations on ambush. And if it had spawned with a bad suffix it would have been useless anyway.
Now imagine the chances of getting a good regal.

Either that dagger was some MAD luck or a lot of exalts in currency was poured into it anyway.

2 exalted... lol, you want to go talk to HvR about his 450 exalt dagger and how lucky he was to get such a weapon for that amount of investment? But ya, let anyone craft a weapon like that at the expense of alts, regals and scouring, sounds fine. Its not like a 20 exalt binos already trivialized the game and tyrannical weapons existing was an overkill beyond overkill thats only sane reasoning for existance was that they were virtually impossible to create given the need for so much eternal exalting post regal. Oh right, ya, thats EXACTLY how it was.

This isnt allowing you to craft endgame viable weapons, this isnt allowing you to craft extremely powerful weapons that rival the rarest unique weapons in the game, this is allowing you to craft gear so ridiculous that it shouldnt even exist in the game at all. The only reason is was ok for these things to exist in theory was because in practice nothing short of 400+ exalts and some 1 in a billion luck could ever allow just 1 of these things to exist in a 4 month league.

I seriously dont think people have a grasp of where the lines are, what sort of items you need, where it becomes overkill and where you just drift off into lala land. Their only experience of this level of weapon is seeing them posted in forums, they dont really appreciate that something half this good can turn palace dominus into a 30 second joke and they dont appreciate just how impossible these items were to make.
"
Mannoth wrote:

Thing is some stuff that drops is actually useable now

yeah, and thats awesome, I argued long and hard for that change, that is not what I am posting about.

"
Mannoth wrote:

only the people who are threatened by this are the ones who either hold the mirrorable gear and are scared of their mirror service not paying off or the ones who are scared of their average gear not selling.

no, get this straight, this is nothing to do with feeling threatened. This is about someone who actually has a clue what they are talking about bringing up serious concerns with how ridiculously over powered this is. This is genuine concern for the game. I culd turn around and say the only people who are happy about this are lvl8 master trade exploiters and noobs who have no real clue about deep endgame gear and just see something shiney thats so far beyond their current gear and want it. Neither of those are 100% true but mine would be far closer to the mark, sry to say mate.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Thats the best part.

Finally you don't need to shop for endgem items, cause you can craft them yourself.

Indeed. Vince and Mannoth, I question Snorkie's level of insight in this. His grandiosity and ego is breathtaking, "yadayada big exalts currency 100s exalted trading awesomest in crafting, I'm so elitist better than you so shaddap you noobynoob yabbayabba." :rollseyes:

And he realises this. Crafting awesome gear like that is within the grasps noobs like us! I won't be able to craft it right now, but within a few months alot of us can! He feels threatened, his accumulated wealth is threatened as the value tanks (an obvious sign of his level of progression in the game, all wasted!) and so he whines and hopes GGG will nerf ;)

Lol about Hvr's whatever dagger. Realise that most of us won't even to bother to aim that high (in the short to medium term, at least). Let you elitists craft all this new uber gear you want in the short term. Go ahead and cannabilize and undercut each other as we watch eating our popcorn, then we'll craft our own in due time.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Sep 19, 2014, 11:42:02 AM
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Thats the best part.

These arnt endgame items, these are items so far beyond endgame items that they make the game a complete joke, and you would know that if you had any experience of such things.
Just one question, if you argue that the existence of these items is broken and all, how do you justify the eternal/exalt crafting of 6xT1 items?

Are those not unhealthy for the game also?

Or the existence of Shavronne? Or acuities?

So you are saying existence of GAME BREAKING ITEMS is allowed as long as only 1% of the population gets access to them? Is that right?

A 400 PDPS dagger ISN'T gamebreaking, it BECOMES gamebreaking when you add the fact you have Shavronne and Acuities in the game and other items of that strength.

Or shall we talk about the existence of MIRRORS? And their unhealthy nature to the game?
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 19, 2014, 11:45:01 AM
Nah, Mannoth, he wants to corner the market, continue to feel o so elitist and special with his shiny uber awesomest OP gear, soon to be shiny uber awesomest not as OP trinklets.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Sep 19, 2014, 11:46:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info