Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Theres no denying the crits are where its at for the astronomical tooltips, absolutely no doubt.

In a balanced build its a lot more even than people give the game credit for. My Dragon Hunger mirrored dagger life based ranger gets about 65k dps in a 6 link? If you gave me claws, swords etc with those same rolls I am pretty sure Id be getting somewhere in the 60k zone while getting the same amount of life, defenses etc. I know from using lower tier daggers that swords and claws, non crit, I get roughly the same dps from simillar rolls. Maybe the crit specs will edge it slightly, say 26k dps rather than 23 or 24, but the gap is small.

I made a similar point in another thread but it was more focused on how HC people will never these supposed outrageous dps. To get those extreme numbers, you need extreme spec and equipment, which means you may not live long in a HC league. Basically, no experienced HC player would ever make a spec that shows the outrageousness of a crit dagger build. Honestly 1-hand sword is just fine compared to it for a HC league.

I'll give you an example. My ripped 91 ranger was a crit dagger/shield build in Beyond with a 10.2% Bino's and other good gear. His dps on multistrike was 30k using Hatred and Herald of Ash and about 6k spectral throw. Not amazing and was being outdps'd by all the casters I ever grouped with. I took zero block nodes, just hp nodes that were near the ranger and shadow. I went too hard on dps in that build and still wasn't even close to approaching the kind of dps that people are qq'ing about.

People like to use extreme examples but real world, daggers are fine.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
I like it now, it was impossible to get good weapons for every build idea without flipping the market playing chat instead of the game.
IGN: Ziggro
"
Haderach99 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Theres no denying the crits are where its at for the astronomical tooltips, absolutely no doubt.

In a balanced build its a lot more even than people give the game credit for. My Dragon Hunger mirrored dagger life based ranger gets about 65k dps in a 6 link? If you gave me claws, swords etc with those same rolls I am pretty sure Id be getting somewhere in the 60k zone while getting the same amount of life, defenses etc. I know from using lower tier daggers that swords and claws, non crit, I get roughly the same dps from simillar rolls. Maybe the crit specs will edge it slightly, say 26k dps rather than 23 or 24, but the gap is small.

I made a similar point in another thread but it was more focused on how HC people will never these supposed outrageous dps. To get those extreme numbers, you need extreme spec and equipment, which means you may not live long in a HC league. Basically, no experienced HC player would ever make a spec that shows the outrageousness of a crit dagger build. Honestly 1-hand sword is just fine compared to it for a HC league.

I'll give you an example. My ripped 91 ranger was a crit dagger/shield build in Beyond with a 10.2% Bino's and other good gear. His dps on multistrike was 30k using Hatred and Herald of Ash and about 6k spectral throw. Not amazing and was being outdps'd by all the casters I ever grouped with. I took zero block nodes, just hp nodes that were near the ranger and shadow. I went too hard on dps in that build and still wasn't even close to approaching the kind of dps that people are qq'ing about.

People like to use extreme examples but real world, daggers are fine.

thank you haderach99, this is exactly the point. I have a binos, in what I consider a balanced spec I also get about 30-35k dps in a 5/6 link with it. The potential is there to use like 6L volls armour, spec every multi node on the tree, use multi gem, use an abyssus and other extremely unbalanced offensive gear and get skyrocket tooltips from a binos. But those are not 'good' builds in terms of being balanced and surviving, those are softcore builds that die to stupid mobs and are in no way proper, viable specs, even for someone whos playing softcore but wants to be extremely hard to kill. Even HvRs low life spec throw dagger char was designed to kill atziri, and atziri only. His HvCasual RT cyclone marauder was a much better spec, could deal with far more situations, he said so himself, HvCasual was the beast mode legend that facetanked the entire game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info