Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

Well, I did try and warn you before hand, I made many posts in here and in the news post threads about the power of weapons, how fairly mid range mods on weapons are near impossible to find and uniques like a Binos were just so far beyond what you will ever loot and are so powerful endgame. Now with this master system I feel like youve actually fucked up your game.

Ok so lets start at how you level masters and why you added them. Surely this was the answer to all this self found league nonsense? all these people who couldnt find gear they needed to get anywhere in the game right? You didnt add master crafting to buff high end trading party players right? Well thats what you have done, you have made the gap between solo self found players and party traders magnitudes larger than it was before.

I got no love for this sfl idea, lets get that straight right off the bat, I think its stupid and solo self found in the game right now is fine. But how are people leveling their masters? They are sitting in their hideout spamming chat looking for 6 man master zergs all day. So people who party and love their trade chat spamming are quickly getting masters to levels which solo self found players will likely never get them to in a lot of cases. Then when they get them there retarded stuff like this is happening...

http://imgur.com/kdF6HIR

this isnt alone, I was seeing 400 top end phys harbingers being linked in streams yesterday. So a solo self found player gets to add like 18% cold res to a ring or 20% crit chance to their weapon while party traders are crafting weapons that outclass extremely rare unique weapons like binos or windripper through party zerging masters and then taking advantage of broken lvl8 crafting options that the struggling players will probably never be able to reach in a 4 month window.

So you have given a little boost to the solo self found gang, a much needed little boost, but then you have buffed party traders so hard that you have actually made extreme endgame unique weapons that are already a 1 in a million find pretty much second class. The gap between the people you needed to help with this crafting and the people who were already playing an easy game has just been stretched so far beyond what it was before. Was that your goal? I feel like that wasn't your goal at all and this is a massive, massive fuck up both in how you level masters and what they can do when you get them to level 8.

I honestly think you need to reconsider both of these factors before this goes much further for the sake of your game. Whats the point of ever looting a rare weapon when a lvl8 party zerged master can craft a better one than you will ever find? Only reason is because you are a scrub who isnt a high baller player with lvl8 master contacts and hence dont have access to the same crafting that the people who were eternal exalting in the past with bis gear have. So masters has become the new eternal exalting, a high baller player option that buffs the trade elite to a level the solo players dont have access to, its become everything it should never have been and made all the problems it should have solved even worse.

Seriously guys, alarm bells are ringing.

edit:

"
amksoljanka wrote:

wtf is this? Seriously? Chris, Qarl, Michael, someone, wtf am I looking at right now? Release the roflcopters, its batshit time.

edit number 2:

posted by some random further in the thread

"
azoriuss wrote:
and now everyone can craft that kind of weapon and some people are happy. Deal with it.

there you go, now everyone can have their "almost a loath bane". I rest my case man, you broke your game.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 19, 2014, 12:21:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
100% agreed.

Nope. Eternal/exalting to create a masterpiece hasn't been changed. What has been changed is the demand for these items. That's good. There shouldn't be such a huge demand for a masterpiece.

The dagger you linked is fine... but it's no masterpiece. Still cost the producer of it enough, unless he got really lucky.
dunno. On rampage there are some "crafting masters lvl 8" Shops.

Most of them take 3-5c for the lvl 8 Meta mods, so you can take your own blue rolled Harbinger, pay 1 divine +5c for the 2multiple crafted mods" mod and have an endgame Weapon for less then 1 exalt of costs.

If you really complain of this not beeing possible selffound 100% soloplay, this is not true either. You can easily get lvl 8 elreon in 8 weeks of gameplay only doing dailies and some maps.

The current system is fine.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nope. Eternal/exalting to create a masterpiece hasn't been changed. What has been changed is the demand for these items. That's good. There shouldn't be such a huge demand for a masterpiece.

The dagger you linked is fine... but it's no masterpiece. Still cost the producer of it enough, unless he got really lucky.

Yeah. Altrolling + Regaling is really possible after you can do the 2 Regal Recipe (75+ ilvl items, meaning 73+ maps). But the progression on such an item feels pretty okey-ish.

Whatever GGG does to make item acquisition easier will always benefit traders most. That is not inherently bad or wrong, that's just how trading works.

As for "breaking" the game. Well masters definitely make the game far easier and are not the first thing to do so. The game has gotten substantially easier since mid open beta with the constant buffs to passives, item acquisition and the many ways of getting items.

Hopefully GGG keeps introducing more challenging content in response to that.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 19, 2014, 10:56:39 AM
Yes, Snorkie, theres alot of dread with the likes of people like you who realize that crafting good gear, (not to that extent though) is achievable now, so we don't need to go to your shop and pay your exorbitant prices, or use the exploitative mirror services, or go to RMT to acquire 100s of exalts required.

If this continues past the next league, I'm tipping my money into GGG's kitty and be another Grandmaster supporter as an endorsement of this policy.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

no offense shags beard but you really dont have a clue what you are talking about, Ive actually got first hand experience of using items like the ones posted, using mirrored items, trading at that level, playing with characters over lvl90 in extreme endgame situations, making trades for 100+ exalts at a time etc, you dont and hence I dont believe you have the perspective on the game to comment. I dont mean that to be harsh but its the truth.

"
Vincendra wrote:

no, its not at all, this is an unthinkably massive boost to high end players who really didnt need any kind of boost at all, this is actually retarded and should not be happening.
Try to roll a tyranical on a dagger or for that matter ANYTHING and tell me how easy it is to make these items, and then NOT destroy them by a bad regal.

Rolling tyrannical on a dagger costed me 2 exalts in alterations on ambush. And if it had spawned with a bad suffix it would have been useless anyway.
Now imagine the chances of getting a good regal.

Either that dagger was some MAD luck or a lot of exalts in currency was poured into it anyway.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 19, 2014, 11:18:50 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
Vincendra wrote:

no, its not at all, this is an unthinkably massive boost to high end players who really didnt need any kind of boost at all, this is actually retarded and should not be happening.

How so?

This is a boost to everyone. Everyon can roll a blue Tyrannical mod on a weapon and Regal it, and pay for a lvl 8 Elreon mod at any of those who are faster.

Now, everyone can go "Endgame Viable" without too much cost.

What is bad about that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info