Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
nynyny wrote:

I do miss Chaos rolling for Mazes, yes.

Well then you are a special guy. I certainly don't miss spending every freaking orb I have, to be just able to access the content, ty -_-

"
I find it hilarious that there are people in here who act like you need to have gotten anywhere in the game to craft these items. I can just level to 70, have an EX drop and pay a crafter to make me one of those daggers for a 3 Chaos fee.

The game was always full of shortcuts. Pay for boss kills, pay for act clears, pay for atziri challenge, pay for anything that the other guy can put in his trading window...

This IS PoE. Why act surprised?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

I do miss Chaos rolling for Mazes, yes.

Well then you are a special guy. I certainly don't miss spending every freaking orb I have, to be just able to access the content, ty -_-

Youre twisting facts. No one needed you to exalt maps to access content. In fact, if you calculate the probabilities of an EX giving you anything of value when rolling a map you will end up with a tiny numbers that doesnt make up for the cost. At the end of the day you still pay in the same way.

We used to roll maps with Chaos Orbs. Now they sit in our stash, skyrocketing the Exalted exchange rate. So youre just paying for something else instead of blowing them on maps. I personally prefer taking my chances than having to pay "more" for something else. Boring as hell and one of the reasons why I cant even get myself to level the last bit to 90 in Beyond.

Not even saying that the map changes were bad. Hell, they safe you a lot of money. But they should have at least tried to keep the incentive to use Chaos on them by adding Zana craft mods like packsize or some shit for X chaos. Or simply increase to odds to get desirable map mods.

This way they could have prevented Chaos Orbs losing all their value. THe game turned from grinding and using currency into grinding and exchanging. And jesus christ does that make it boring.
"
"
I find it hilarious that there are people in here who act like you need to have gotten anywhere in the game to craft these items. I can just level to 70, have an EX drop and pay a crafter to make me one of those daggers for a 3 Chaos fee.

The game was always full of shortcuts. Pay for boss kills, pay for act clears, pay for atziri challenge, pay for anything that the other guy can put in his trading window...

This IS PoE. Why act surprised?

Theres is a gigantic difference between buying an Act rush because you want to reduce the risk of dying while bieng on your way to endgame and having ridiculously easy access to weapons that help you steamroll any sort of content.

People killed shit prior to this change. You cant tell me that they were stuck with 68 maps for ages because they didnt deal damage or lacked defenses. Hell, my Beyond character chains 74+ maps solo using a Tabula Rasa, Aurseize, Lioneyes Paws and a shitty Perandus. If people seriously had problems getting through maps with sub 300DPS+ daggers then they might wanna improve as players or have a look at their builds.

I mean, of course this is up to everyone opinion but to me this is turning into way too much of a casual fest. Turning vendor trash into useful items is fucking fine. Rolling that missing resistance on a belt to make is sellable, wonderful idea. But this multi-mod bullshit on weapons simply is too far for my taste. And I am not someone who sits in Standard. I have a shit ton of money and legacy items in HC and still dont play that league. I simply dont like the direction the game is going.
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 21, 2014, 8:28:25 AM
Are we saying crafting is broken or that rares are broken, because it sounds a lot like you are saying rares are broken. Not to mention the crafting doesn't even produce T1 mods.
"
Are we saying crafting is broken or that rares are broken, because it sounds a lot like you are saying rares are broken. Not to mention the crafting doesn't even produce T1 mods.

The OP and every other lets say eternal spammer is crying because everyone can now get a decent tier item that's not fucking mega expensive It's not a hard concept to look at it hell even though I'm rich the whole entire eternal spamming thing is fucking stupid It's not crafting It's fucking bullshit

Like me spending 70-80 exalted on single item in Rampage isn't very fucking fun mind you which I'm still working on it but I did make something decent until then thanks to masters and GGG to actually you know implement them.

Now their crying simply because they can't sell as good and such and be like WHY WON'T YOU BUY MY MEGA EXPENSIVE ITEM THAT I'VE WORKED ONN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH life is OVER

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 21, 2014, 8:59:28 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Exactly my point. That dagger allows you to steamroll the game. That amount of power shouldn't be offered by them. That's *exactly* what I'm saying.

And my point is that by the time you even find that damn thing and get a level 8 Elreon, you're at the point in the game that the only thing left for you to do is Atziri and Uber Atziri. Or if you use services, then by the time you're finding level 77 bases (remember, you want a chance at rolling flaring as well!), maybe a few more tiers of hard-to-find-let-alone-clear maps.

There's little left to steamroll by that point.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Sep 21, 2014, 9:30:20 AM
Is this post for real ? Solo SF has never been in such a good spot than now in the game. Don't compare people that chose to play Solo SF with other people, compare Solo SF with what it was before, and it's now way better. You don't even need max level masters to craft decent gear, you can already get a decent weapon/bow with level 6 Vagan/Tora for example, and level 6 is easily reachable solo. You shouldn't compare Solo SF with not Solo SF, just as someone who chose on his own to cut his leg before a race shouldn't expect to go at the same pace of others. But just compare SF now and what it was before FM, and please tell me again Solo SF is more screwed than ever.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Exactly my point. That dagger allows you to steamroll the game. That amount of power shouldn't be offered by them. That's *exactly* what I'm saying.

And my point is that by the time you even find that damn thing and get a level 8 Elreon, you're at the point in the game that the only thing left for you to do is Atziri and Uber Atziri. Or if you use services, then by the time you're finding level 77 bases (remember, you want a chance at rolling flaring as well!), maybe a few more tiers of hard-to-find-let-alone-clear maps.

There's little left to steamroll by that point.

How delusional are you? You can find an exalted by leveling and simply craft it unless you refuse to have someone else do it for you. Start playing Beyond right now, have one lucky currency drop and a 300DPS+ weapon is yours. Its that easy. And thats the problem.

Finding ilvl 77? Fucking hilarious. Because you cant just buy the white base item for 2 chaos, right? This comment is so full of delusion that I start to doubt that youre actually being serious.
/
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 21, 2014, 9:33:42 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
Start playing Beyond right now, have one lucky currency drop and a 300DPS+ weapon is yours. Its that easy. And thats the problem.

Why? Why is this a "problem"?

I bought 300 DpS weapons for 1 Ex in every league, those were not crafted, they were found by killing monsters, still only cost 1 Ex.
Now a lot of half-crafted weapons with 300 DpS are available for a little less currency. Cool. And definetly not gamebreaking.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
morbo wrote:
It's only the elite moguls 1000ex or GTFO mirrored gear owners, sitting in Standard league, that got the short end. They don't matter as much anymore. The majority of the crowd will do just fine with bench crafted items from now on.

Do you know why this

was even possible, nerer mind so 'cheap' (relatively to pre FM) to make?

Well read on.

That's some 'short end' right there ;)
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 10:00:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info