Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
morbo wrote:
You still need to roll super-rare tyrannical & other T1 mods and get your masters to lvl 8. Nothing is broken.

(At least for those who play the content by themselves and don't abuse services. For everyone else, there is instant gratification economy already present this whole time)

E:
Some people will cry a river, but the economy will move on. In a few months we will look back at pre-masters era as Dark ages, the same way as we look at mapping system in OB (nobody misses paying 3 exalts for 77s maps, I take? :))).

Man people don't even remember that lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I was in a bit of a hurry when posting the last post, so here's a more thought out reply on this topic.

There's a lot of variance and RNG in Path of Exile. Mastercraft, especially Elreon's, help reduce this variance, and significantly tone down on the RNG side of things.

For every one guy that rolls the dice and hits the proverbial jackpot in term of 20-30ex piece of gear, there's thousands of us who keep rolling the dice and hitting only ones. And that's not fair nor fun, except for that one guy.

Take my example from Beyond. This is my bow that I bought and then paid to have it crafted:

What this bow allowed me is to spend last 10 days griding 71-73 maps, praying to god I finally get that 3+ ex drop, so I can go and buy a 5L Coil. Without the mastercraft, I'd spent the last 10 days griding 67-70 maps, praying to god I finally get that 3+ ex drop, so I can go and buy a decent 5L harbinger.

Having Elreons signature mod allows player to finally progress through the game, knowing it doesn't all depend on that one rare moment of pure luck.

For me personally, having that bow was only an improvement to the core game. It will allow me to get my character to 90+, I'll still have to grind and grind to get 5L Coil and Atziri step, but I'll actually enjoy playin with this character, as opposed to countless of my previous characters that I had to abandon in mid 80ies.

I'm perfectly fine with there being a content that not everyone can do. I never did Atziri and probably won't, and I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with 10 lucky guys getting Mjolners, 6L shavs, Voltaxics, while thousand of us are starving in low lvl maps.

And so what if I craft a 500dps dagger? I'll get that character to 90+, and then I'll reroll a Dual Flame totem. ANd I'll craft a super scepter for him, get him to 90+ and then I'll reroll a flicker striker in the next Rampage league. And so on and on.

Masters would break the game if you would only make one character and play only him until you get bored with the game. But this is not the case with PoE. It's perfectly fine to have one character geared to the max, because you can then feel like you accomplished something with that character, and reroll another one.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 21, 2014, 5:59:46 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
When you can get 300 pdps one handers or 500 pdps two handers for under an exalt, you know something crazy is going on :D

And that's a good thing.

Before, it was like:

~99.9% of rare 1h weapons: <200 DpS
~0.1%: 200<DpS<250
~0.0001%: 250<DpS<350
~0.00000001%: 350<DpS<400
~0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%: DpS>400
(numbers don't add up to 100% precisely, I know)

Now it's more like:
Play to 90, you pretty much can rely on finding a 250 DpS weapon (this actually happens and has always happened), that you can now craft to 300-350 DpS by yourself, thanks to the masters.
And this DpS will carry you through maps.

The gap to "mirror tier items" has not been touched, but now the majority of players has access to better weapons than before.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 21, 2014, 6:22:46 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
The gap to "mirror tier items" has not been touched, but now the majority of players has access to better weapons than before.

The gap has not been touched hmm, and good crafters are not affected apparently.. I'm pretty sure the previous #1 Daggers DPS-wise compared to the benched one tell a lot, namely:

ETERNAL EXALTED
439 pdps and 448 pdps respectively

VS

BENCHED

446 pdps

Your argument is invalid sir.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
1. You are sacrificing "Crit multi"
2. It has a better base item, if "weapon DpS" is all you want.
3. The two best prefixes(!), "Flaring" and "Tyrannical", are on that Dagger (half of the work to get a mirror worthy dagger)

The third point alone puts it in mirror territory, with or without crafting benches.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 21, 2014, 6:51:49 AM
The problem is the ambusher itself. I have said it numerous times. Attack speed on ambushers(and imperials) is what makes daggers broken, cause compared with their high crit it allows you to scale any damage type too high. If the same mods had been crafted on a demon dagger, the results would have been much more reasonable. That being said, i d never trade my sorrow thrirst with that dagger.
And anyway, since the majority of players, play on ladder leagues, which now are shorter BTW, i literally see no problem of higher accessibility on better gear. I having played CI crit builds for ages, i disagree with Slayer that this weapon allows you to steamroll the game. It needs to be combined with as good gear in every slot. End game viable for me means playing (even solo) 76-78 maps consistently without dying- even the hard ones.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
morbo wrote:
You still need to roll super-rare tyrannical & other T1 mods and get your masters to lvl 8. Nothing is broken.

(At least for those who play the content by themselves and don't abuse services. For everyone else, there is instant gratification economy already present this whole time)

E:
Some people will cry a river, but the economy will move on. In a few months we will look back at pre-masters era as Dark ages, the same way as we look at mapping system in OB (nobody misses paying 3 exalts for 77s maps, I take? :))).

I think the point that Snorkle was making, Morbo, was....

Yes, you still need to roll something good, first.
Yes, you still need to lvl your masters to 8, or alternatively get another lvl 8 master player involved.

So while your Joe solo self found casual is getting an appreciated 20 lightning res on his helm, the existing mirror geared, party shopper is creating insane gear, quicker, easier, cheaper.

I think snorkle is pointing out how masters kinda missed what he thought was the target.

I also think it's easily explained. Joe solo self found casual was never the target, anyway.
Breaking the game is what GGG do, ladders were the child of a broken assed game in D2. GGG logic is; to recapture the magic, we need to break stuff as often as possible and fuck anybody who doesn't party-shop-PoLR everything, who the hell would play an aRPG solo anyway?

This isn't to say that Joe should be crafting the gear we are seeing, no, it's that nobody should and most definitely there didn't need to be a buff where we see it manifesting.

@Snorkle "You've sort of broken your game GGG", yes, it's what they do. Ground-hog-day reroll leagues are all that matters. Broken game worked in D2, it must be the only way.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 7:17:47 AM
@Anu, tbh, I just read the last two pages...

Kinda agree with OP, in that power players will now get GG items much faster than before and that they got the most out of the expansion. And that strict solo SF players got the least buffs out of FM.

But on the flip side the casual players that do trade, will get good items cheaper, so they benefit a lot too.

It's only the elite moguls 1000ex or GTFO mirrored gear owners, sitting in Standard league, that got the short end. They don't matter as much anymore. The majority of the crowd will do just fine with bench crafted items from now on.

GGG sacrificed the "Mr. Burns" guys in Standard, for a new economy of lvl8 master crafting, that benefits a wider population. I cant disagree with that, even though it feels artificial and forced, like a lot of ladder "balancing iterations" do.

E:
And tbh, not all players care about profits. There's people with lvl8 masters that craft for free and only accept donations.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 21, 2014, 7:41:05 AM
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

The gap has not been touched hmm, and good crafters are not affected apparently.. I'm pretty sure the previous #1 Daggers DPS-wise compared to the benched one tell a lot, namely:

ETERNAL EXALTED
439 pdps and 448 pdps respectively

VS

BENCHED

446 pdps

Your argument is invalid sir.

Comparing ambusher vs anything is invalid.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
morbo wrote:

E:

I do miss Chaos rolling for Mazes, yes.

Additionally, you dont need a tyranical roll to get a 300DPS+ dagger so get your facts straight. Rolling one is far from hard and takes almost no investment whatsoever.

I find it hilarious that there are people in here who act like you need to have gotten anywhere in the game to craft these items. I can just level to 70, have an EX drop and pay a crafter to make me one of those daggers for a 3 Chaos fee. Claiming that you have the strength to kill Uber Atziri when you have access to such a weapon is the most delusional bullshit I have ever read on this forum.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

3. The two best prefixes(!), "Flaring" and "Tyrannical", are on that Dagger (half of the work to get a mirror worthy dagger)

The third point alone puts it in mirror territory, with or without crafting benches.

Is this some sort of bad joke? Becuase I seriously hope it is. Youre saying that Alt/Auging two mods is half the work when everything that comes afterwards requires currency that is 500+ times as valuable? Are you having a giggle?
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 21, 2014, 7:46:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info