Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
Xavderion wrote:
When you can get 300 pdps one handers or 500 pdps two handers for under an exalt, you know something crazy is going on :D

It means the economy is finally being fixed. Soon we can simply exalt rares we pick up off the floor. Just like the good old days of closed beta.

All we need now is the exalt and eternal recipes put into the game and then be made publicly available. This will help casual players greatly, by experiencing the range of currencies this game offers.

And bearing in mind, with your replies, a mere one in 33 players will get far enough to bother to craft/buy the OP items if they reach endgame maps to bother. They are outside of the POE economy for the 0.1% anyway. They won't ever hear about poe.trade, let alone being able to accumulate and afford those prices. Here's hoping to a glut of OP weapons and a lack of demand in a few months' time :)
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Sep 21, 2014, 2:29:54 AM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
And daggers similar to that are on xyz right now for 20 chaos. Your point is moot. Trading is more broken/as broken. So why all of the fuss now?

Um. What?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Exactly my point. That dagger allows you to steamroll the game. That amount of power shouldn't be offered by them. That's *exactly* what I'm saying.

I don't get this point.

Why not? Why should I not be able to "finish" my hero in a good 200 hours gameplay time? Why do you want all people to get MF gear and grind dominus until they get their lucky Shav/Mjölner drop, to trade it to someone WHO WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO LOOT ONE OF THOSE weapons.

It does not make the game easier. Trading makes the game eeasier and still you do not even mention it! Not being able to trade ? No lvl 8 Master mods from others.

I embrace this change, because now I feel I can "finish" a toon in a temp. league fast enough to try out more meta or offmeta builds from the patch (in this case the 1.2 tree changes). Most of the time, 2 of them survive to genreal purge when a new league comes around, the rest venishes forever with their gear to Deletoland.

AND THE BEST THING

If it is to easy for YOU, dont use it.

(and please don't try to argue with competition in ladders, because even with the possibility of those weapons casuals wont beat the "pro" gamers in the ladder race, see the Etup thread)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
While I do somewhat agree that Elreon signature mod is way ahead of all other crafting mods, I still think the game benefits from it. The power creep has been in the game for quite some time, so this is not something out of the ordinary.

What this signature mod allows is for people to finally progress to 90ies - I have countless characters that I had to give up on in the mid 80ies because my gear was just not enough to push me further in higher lvl maps, and the grind for better ones was unbearable.

What Multiple mods allows players is to finally finish some builds, and be able to reroll satisfied with the experience of the previous build. 1.2 skill tree is the best one so far, with countless viable builds. So what if I craft a 300dps dagger, get to lvl 94 and then reroll Dual FT, get it to 90+, then reroll Flicker striker and so on...

It sure beats grinding low lvl maps or Dom/Piety and praying to god you hit the jackpot in terms of shavs/bino/... which will allow you to buy the 300dps dagger you need. How is that better in any way? It still feels like a fucking power creep when you are grinding piety with your 200dps dagger and praying, praying for that multi exalt drop that will allow you to buy 250dps dagger. Because Piety sure as hell won't drop you that 250dps dagger.

So it's either grind and hope for jackpot, and then browse xyz for 300dps dagger, or play the game and craft a 300dps dagger. Once you finish your build, reroll.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 21, 2014, 4:41:41 AM
Double
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 21, 2014, 4:43:23 AM
Where did I ever say to grab MF and farm dom? Not once did I ever say that.

Best of luck lvling your masters to 8 mate. I sincerely hope they make adjustments.

Peace

Edit: odokar, that is a 446 dps dagger btw Fucking broken.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 21, 2014, 4:43:03 AM
Ha, I know I won't get my masters to 8. Most of them are still 6, with tora and elreon at 7. And that's in Beyond, which means I have to do all this again in std.

MF or not MF, it doesn't matter, one scenario involves grinding hours and hours hoping for a jackpot multi ex drop or just playing the game and feeling like you are actually improving your character and opening possibilities for new alts.

Edit: without looking at that dagger, it probably has t1 %phys and t1 flat phys. Of course it will be broken, if there were no Multi mods, the player would just et/ex it to even better dps. That's not a cheap dagger, as you surely now. Alt/auging the t1 physicals is a pain in the ass. You won't see many daggers like that. if it's not t1/t1, then lol fuck it, I admit that Multi mod might be problematic.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 21, 2014, 4:48:49 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Where did I ever say to grab MF and farm dom? Not once did I ever say that.

Best of luck lvling your masters to 8 mate. I sincerely hope they make adjustments.

Peace

Edit: odokar, that is a 446 dps dagger btw Fucking broken.

Oh please enlighten me then, how could I possibly afford to get a 300+ DPS 1h weapon (esp. crit weapons like Daggers, Sceptres and Claws) without farming for 2 digits value of Exalts pre Masters?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
You still need to roll super-rare tyrannical & other T1 mods and get your masters to lvl 8. Nothing is broken.

(At least for those who play the content by themselves and don't abuse services. For everyone else, there is instant gratification economy already present this whole time)

E:
Some people will cry a river, but the economy will move on. In a few months we will look back at pre-masters era as Dark ages, the same way as we look at mapping system in OB (nobody misses paying 3 exalts for 77s maps, I take? :))).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 21, 2014, 5:03:33 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:

What this signature mod allows is for people to finally progress to 90ies - I have countless characters that I had to give up on in the mid 80ies because my gear was just not enough to push me further in higher lvl maps, and the grind for better ones was unbearable.

Nothing will change with better weapons though. If you want to lvl past 90 you'll still be grinding countless maps for minuscule XP gains, you'll just do it faster. You'll still be buying maps, or resorting to 76s during dry spells for even smaller XP gains.

(for reference: my current char does 78s with a 200 dps Bloodseeker, which translates into 50k Reave tooltip dps FWIW - more than enough for current content)

Personally, I hate shopping for gear, especially since past some point prices rise exponentially for tiny upgrades, but without upgrades an ARPG grows stale rather quick, and they sure as hell don't drop be it from Piety or Palace Dom. Now (or rather "soon" - my Elreon is still lvl 7) I can tweak and improve my chars at my leisure without so much as looking at XYZ or despairing at the RNG, which should extend the lifetime of the game for me considerably.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Sep 21, 2014, 5:49:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info