Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

Why do people care if other people have good weapons or gear? Because you feel less special. That is the only logical reason. To argue anything else is meaningless and deceitful. But it doesn't even matter because crafting isn't any more broken than trading with poe.xyz.

Frankly, I'm blown away by some of the responses in here. If the meta-mod is "breaking the game," then high-end rares are breaking the game. Period. Either the items are too strong, or they aren't. You can't convince me that that mod is the problem. Honestly, I think that sites like poe.xyz and the ease with which I am able to buy 250+ dps weapons these days is worse than that meta-mod. The cost will run you an Exalt easy, and if you're going for Tyrannical it's going to cost you even more... maybe a few Exalts in Alterations and then the necessary Divine and Chaos to get the crafted mods. You also need a level 8 Elreon. I'm assuming no one in this thread has him at level 8. If you don't have him at 8, you're probably paying someone an Exalt just to use the service. At the same time, I see 300+ dps daggers on xyz RIGHT NOW on Beyond that are less than 20 Chaos. No crafted mods. So your argument is completely ruined.

The "WAY PAST ENDGAME" gear is out there, it is dropping, and it is easy to get it cheap even if you completely disregard that crafting mod. The deterministic crafting now allows you to feel more invested, to build your own great weapons and armor, to feel much more accomplished and still mostly as effective as browsing poe.xyz. Poe.xyz and trading make the game so easy it is unbelievable. Crafting Mods are not that ridiculous, they only allow you an alternate route to the same end.

Good riddance.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Sep 20, 2014, 11:02:15 PM
"
nynyny wrote:
Fully agree. Rolling that percentage physical damage that is missing is fine. But rolling the percentage, the hybrid and the crit mod for the mere cost of half an Exalt is fucking retarded. Nothing else.

Spoiler
But rolling the

Turning vendor trash into useful items is neat concept, and it was about time that they added an option such as this one. But there should be a limit when it comes to weapons and the mods that you can add without being at all.

There is a limit. It's called the amount of mods an item has, minus one.

If the act of adding a bunch of t3 mods makes an item "omfg OP", then that just goes to show how much utter garbage drops.

That only 3.3% of the player base clears merciless means that this act of crafting an "omfg OP multimod" item is still done by an insignificant portion of the game's population.

And let's face it: if all it takes for you to completely put away an ARPG with god knows how many completely different builds is to completely gear up one character and steamroll Uber Atziri, well, you weren't going to be here for the long haul anyway.

If you really love this game, you'll find a zillion different ways to challenge yourself. Because at the end of the day, whether you blow through it, or whether you slog through it, it's still the same amount of content. No amount of different builds will change the fact that this game is 3 acts long at 3 difficulty levels with a "fourth" difficulty level at the higher-end maps which essentially turn it into a glorified shmup. Stack as much DPS as possible, find some way of dealing with reflect, and just murder everything before it has its chance to nuke your life orb in a split second, including bosses.

And I don't know about you, but frankly, I think that by the time you can assemble a thousand alts and five regals or however much it takes just to get the two necessary rare mods on your BiS weapon, once you get that character geared up, which probably took you a good 30-50 hours, well, guess what:

Get a fucking sense of perspective.

Back in the days of SNES, you had Squaresoft (back when it was Squaresoft and actually made quality games...Squeenix has sucked since forever, let's hope FFXV redeems it) making single-player experiences whose memories last a lifetime that lasted for 40 hours. Maybe a game broke the three-figure mark if there was really a lot of replay value in it (EG Chrono Trigger, get all the endings, Seiken Densetsu 3, play all the storylines, run the different class combos).

What am I getting at here? That it's okay to either start over with a new toon, or heck, just to move on. This whole idea that a single game needs to last for thousands of hours has led to the creation of games with a bunch of playtime that nobody remembers on one spectrum (EG LoL, PoE), and on the other hand, out-the-door, throwaway one-off unambitious little projects.

So instead of trying to gouge everyone to grind and be forced to eternal-exalt for endless hours, how about you just say "congratulations on getting that amazing dagger, enjoy wrecking things".

And regarding the whole sentiment of "omfg chaos worthless now", well, now they could be relegated to rolling maps, or maybe other gear that isn't GG-craftable yet. And if all gear can get as amazing as phys damage weapons, then they'll be used as trade bait for alts and regals. Or used to roll maps. However, the idea that currency should be worth something just because it's rare, to me, is a joke. Why?

Because, well, what do those rare currencies do, anyway? Think about what you can do with a Chaos Orb:

You can find some junk rare, and throw every chaos you have at rolling it around, each one putting you back at square one--or you can use them for trade bait.

Even in the days of dupe words, know what gave Diablo 2's High Runes value? It wasn't that they were rare.

It's that you got JahIthBer out of two of them. Or BerMalBerIst, or Jah Mal Jah Sur Jah Ber, or Vex Hel El Eld Zod Eth, or Vex Ko Pul Thul, or (Path of) Vex Ohm Ist Dol, or Amn Ral Mal Ist Ohm, or Dol Um Ber Ist, or Ohm Jah Lem Eld.

Think about it--I remember those rune words years after I stopped playing D2. Enigma, Infinity, Last Wish, Breath of the Dying, Hoto, Exile, Call to Arms, Chains of Honor, Faith.

What does PoE have in place of the high rune system? More gambling on rares with eternals and exalts, or outright rerolling with Chaos Orbs.

Of course the currency is going to get devalued at that point. Why? Because its actual intrinsic value is junk. The trade value of currency so far and away outstrips its actual consumable value that next to nobody actually consumes the currencies. Think about it--do we have an overabundance of alts, augs, chances, fuses, chroms, scourings, regrets, and, well, any low tier currency? Of course not. Why? Because they're plentiful enough to consume, and have a consistent payoff making them worth consuming in small quantities.

But Chaos, Blessed Orbs, Exalts, etc...? They're worth so much more holding onto as trade bait than they are actually using. This is why the standard "dump league" is so screwed with its economy.

So, to sum up this post:

Those worried about the economy: too bad, so sad, QQ more.
Those worried about the game's longevity: do PvP. Roll another toon. Or appreciate the memories you had with PoE and just move on. When the novelty's gone, just move the fuck on. Grim Dawn is coming out for the PC sooner or later, and that's probably at least worth a little bit of a playthrough. If PoE stays alive, it'll stay alive because it actually has good, balanced, well-paced content, not because it forces a grind.
Uh sorry what is wrong with being able to make a number of characters strong over a league? Re-rolling is the best part, and now you can do it without having to trade for hours to get their endgame gear.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
lukeiy wrote:
Uh sorry what is wrong with being able to make a number of characters strong over a league? Re-rolling is the best part, and now you can do it without having to trade for hours to get their endgame gear.

Here's my problem, define endgame gear. It means something different to a lot of people. To me, there should be a limit on what the masters can craft in terms of *power* lvl. Right now, with multiple mods on weapon slot specifically, it goes to far beyond that.

There is an entire other problem in regards to how the tiers scale with weapons, but that's a different story entirely. Although intertwined, I don't expect an overhaul of that matter ever.

As I said before, the sooner you get amazing gear, the less gear that is an upgrade you can find. This isn't from a trading perspective, this isn't from an economy perspective, this is a game mechanics perspective. And again, different people, different opinions, etc.

I love what the masters do in literally every other aspect, except this one.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:

Here's my problem, define endgame gear. It means something different to a lot of people. To me, there should be a limit on what the masters can craft in terms of *power* lvl. Right now, with multiple mods on weapon slot specifically, it goes to far beyond that.

There is an entire other problem in regards to how the tiers scale with weapons, but that's a different story entirely. Although intertwined, I don't expect an overhaul of that matter ever.

As I said before, the sooner you get amazing gear, the less gear that is an upgrade you can find. This isn't from a trading perspective, this isn't from an economy perspective, this is a game mechanics perspective. And again, different people, different opinions, etc.

And by the time you get that master-crafted multi-modded glorified tyrannical/flaring item, you should be able to wreck Uber Atziri, or sell said weapon to get the currency necessary to get awesome items in every other slot, repeat the process, and stomp Uber Atziri.

The definition of endgame gear is quite trivial:

It's the gear that you end the game with. And by that, I mean the gear that you complete the last instance of the game in order of ascending difficulty in. In PoE's case, it's Uber Atziri at the end of Alluring Abyss.

See, getting cool loot isn't the be-all-end-all of an ARPG.

Clearing the most difficult content is. Or if that not be enough for you, going for those obnoxious challenges and/or achievements.

Once you steamroll through the end of the game, well, see, on the Super Nintendo, that'd be the point at which the credits would roll, you saw some special victory cutscene, and you'd see a "THE END" screen. It looked something like this.

What you're asking is "what happens after I finish the game?"

Well, the answer is that you restart the game on a new toon, or you say "I got through PoE, time to find another game."
Ilyak, thank you. Just, thank you.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:

And by the time you get that master-crafted multi-modded glorified tyrannical/flaring item, you should be able to wreck Uber Atziri, or sell said weapon to get the currency necessary to get awesome items in every other slot, repeat the process, and stomp Uber Atziri.

The definition of endgame gear is quite trivial:

It's the gear that you end the game with. And by that, I mean the gear that you complete the last instance of the game in order of ascending difficulty in. In PoE's case, it's Uber Atziri at the end of Alluring Abyss.

See, getting cool loot isn't the be-all-end-all of an ARPG.

Clearing the most difficult content is. Or if that not be enough for you, going for those obnoxious challenges and/or achievements.

Once you steamroll through the end of the game, well, see, on the Super Nintendo, that'd be the point at which the credits would roll, you saw some special victory cutscene, and you'd see a "THE END" screen. It looked something like this.

What you're asking is "what happens after I finish the game?"

Well, the answer is that you restart the game on a new toon, or you say "I got through PoE, time to find another game."

Exactly my point. That dagger allows you to steamroll the game. That amount of power shouldn't be offered by them. That's *exactly* what I'm saying.
And daggers similar to that are on xyz right now for 20 chaos. Your point is moot. Trading is more broken/as broken. So why all of the fuss now?
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Sep 21, 2014, 12:55:51 AM
I got a better idea end party masters. Solves all your problems. Self founded ppl can finally get something decent after like a year. No lifers wont be making those imba wpeaons to sell since it will takes months and you're casuals are right behind them.

No one is buying your feigned concern about making game too easy either. You're OP screams elitism and you dont want ppl to have decent weapons like you do. If you really cared about OP weapons you damn sure wouldn't make them which you have already done - you'd play with gear that made game a challenge instead. Naw you pick OP specs with OP gear and whine about easy game. Doh.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 21, 2014, 1:24:05 AM
When you can get 300 pdps one handers or 500 pdps two handers for under an exalt, you know something crazy is going on :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info