Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
Start playing Beyond right now, have one lucky currency drop and a 300DPS+ weapon is yours. Its that easy. And thats the problem.

Why? Why is this a "problem"?

I bought 300 DpS weapons for 1 Ex in every league, those were not crafted, they were found by killing monsters, still only cost 1 Ex.
Now a lot of half-crafted weapons with 300 DpS are available for a little less currency. Cool. And definetly not gamebreaking.

No idea what game you were playing but being able to buy a 300DPS+ one handed weapon for less than 1 exalted prior to FM in a hardcore league was not even possible by the end.

Maybe thats the case in standard, but thats for other reasons. I can go on an repeat myself: in my opinion the game is turning into way too much of a casual fest. All the changes they made over the last 12 months are heading towards that. Increasing map drops, reducing roll cost and forsaken masters are just three of the things they pulled recently. I know that I wouldnt have spent a cent if I had known that this was the direction they were heading in.

I fully support workbenches and the idea behind them. I simply think that multimod crafting on weapons is complete overkill. Allow that for Armor to roll multiple resistances and its fine.
"
Odoakar wrote:

Comparing ambusher vs anything is invalid.

Truth is, that ambusher comparative to those 2 other daggers has been served on a silver platter by Elreon (dps-wise beating one and getting awfully close to the other). The base ambusher itself has been argued to be too good by other players, so by PoE's tradition of having a downside from a gain, it must be hard to craft because of its effectiveness right? well not anymore, cause Elreon's multiple mods is here to break it even more.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Sep 21, 2014, 10:22:21 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
Start playing Beyond right now, have one lucky currency drop and a 300DPS+ weapon is yours. Its that easy. And thats the problem.

Why? Why is this a "problem"?

I bought 300 DpS weapons for 1 Ex in every league, those were not crafted, they were found by killing monsters, still only cost 1 Ex.
Now a lot of half-crafted weapons with 300 DpS are available for a little less currency. Cool. And definetly not gamebreaking.

No idea what game you were playing but being able to buy a 300DPS+ one handed weapon for less than 1 exalted prior to FM in a hardcore league was not even possible by the end.

Maybe thats the case in standard, but thats for other reasons. I can go on an repeat myself: in my opinion the game is turning into way too much of a casual fest. All the changes they made over the last 12 months are heading towards that. Increasing map drops, reducing roll cost and forsaken masters are just three of the things they pulled recently. I know that I wouldnt have spent a cent if I had known that this was the direction they were heading in.

I fully support workbenches and the idea behind them. I simply think that multimod crafting on weapons is complete overkill. Allow that for Armor to roll multiple resistances and its fine.

I assume by 'casual fest' you mean the game has become too easy?

If so, simply play melee 2 hand characters solo, with no shortcuts, using only things you find on the ground. That should bring some challenge back for you. Enjoy PoE! :)
POE confirmed now more casual than D3! (Last I checked, enchanting in D3 was completely RNG based, with increasing cost every attempt for bonus hardcore points)
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Sep 21, 2014, 10:43:23 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Do you know why this

was even possible, nerer mind so 'cheap' (relatively to pre FM) to make?

That thing is the very top end item, that was and still is the domain of the 1% mega traders. You can get that for 100ex and a mirror, or another item that performs worse but still well enough to deal with most of the content, for a fraction of the price.

Imo, this is exactly as it should be. Let the 1% have their little sandbox corner of perfectly crafted super-expensive gear, and let the vast majority of normal players enjoy a bit cheaper prices and builds that they'll be able to finish without playing one char for years.

FM boosted the "middle class".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
nynyny wrote:
We used to roll maps with Chaos Orbs. Now they sit in our stash, skyrocketing the Exalted exchange rate. So youre just paying for something else instead of blowing them on maps.

"Maze" was one of the most stupid mechanics that mapping ever had. You had to chaos spam it, no exceptions, if you wanted to progress. Now you have the option to chaos spam maps more based on your build / mods that you can do / want to play. Not some obligatory shit.

I'm still using lots of chaos on higher maps. Ofc, if you trade, you'll be always sitting on piles of chaos.

If you now pay more chaos for buying items, it means that you now also get more chaos for selling items.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Do you know why this

was even possible, nerer mind so 'cheap' (relatively to pre FM) to make?

That thing is the very top end item, that was and still is the domain of the 1% mega traders. You can get that for 100ex and a mirror, or another item that performs worse but still well enough to deal with most of the content, for a fraction of the price.

Imo, this is exactly as it should be. Let the 1% have their little sandbox corner of perfectly crafted super-expensive gear, and let the vast majority of normal players enjoy a bit cheaper prices and builds that they'll be able to finish without playing one char for years.

FM boosted the "middle class".

FM boosted those who will 820, those who will shop and the elite '1%'.
In a 3 month league, they will all do great. Are we calling that the middle? I dunno, semantics.
But there was a large number of people who the OP feels were the target of FM, that are standing looking in amazement as the world rushes by in turbo mode.
Casually casual.

I think people are confusing "Elreon is OP!" with "High-end rares are OP!"

High-end rares are too strong if anything is wrong with this picture.

And I am laughing my ass off at people saying you couldn't buy a 1ex 300+ dps weapon. Maybe not a dagger with additional crit AND multi but I've been able to buy cheapo awesome weapons on HC leagues since Onslaught. Maybe you guys are doing it wrong?

And no one has even mentioned how much of an affect the unique drop change has had. I can buy a Wings of Entropy for like, what, 5 Chaos? And you guys are worried about Elreon? Give me a break.

This crafting situation simply adds another avenue to trading. And chances are, you'll still be trading to get the level 8 Elreon service.

I'll repeat myself. I don't think the OP and the others are worried about how "easy" the game is because there are other more pressing reasons (unique drop changes, poe.xyz) that make the game too easy. This is simply a matter of people being mad because they think only 1% should have 300 dps weapons or something. Which makes no sense. If the weapons are okay for 1% to have, they should be okay for 25% or more to have. And I promise you there will never be more than 2% of people with a dagger like that, even with the multi-mod. At least on temp leagues.

I want someone to roll an equivalent to that dagger I keep seeing linked. And I want them to track how much it costs them. Because, even if it isn't the "1,000 Ex" that AXN spent (and LOL at people for spending that much) I promise you, it is gonna cost you more than that one lucky Exalted drop. And with that one Exalted, you could've geared a 9k ES CI Arc witch that does 10k DPS anyways. Or bought 6 Wings.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Sep 21, 2014, 11:13:15 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
We used to roll maps with Chaos Orbs. Now they sit in our stash, skyrocketing the Exalted exchange rate. So youre just paying for something else instead of blowing them on maps.

"Maze" was one of the most stupid mechanics that mapping ever had. You had to chaos spam it, no exceptions, if you wanted to progress. Now you have the option to chaos spam maps more based on your build / mods that you can do / want to play. Not some obligatory shit.

I'm still using lots of chaos on higher maps. Ofc, if you trade, you'll be always sitting on piles of chaos.

If you now pay more chaos for buying items, it means that you now also get more chaos for selling items.

Good job basically repeating what I said. None of that changes the fact that I prefer rolling shit with Chaos rather than simply having them in my stash and use them to trade. I rather pay 28 Chaos for an EX and satisfy my rolling addiction than stashing them just to pay 38 Chaos for an EX.

Its up to preference and in my book this part of the game went the completely wrong way and due to the FM addition is only becoming worse because Chaos Orbs lose value by the hour. It has something to do with the general feeling of the game, making a Chaos drop or the Chaos recipe feel way less rewarding because the item you just got is worth a fraction of what it used to be.
"
nynyny wrote:

Is this some sort of bad joke? Becuase I seriously hope it is. Youre saying that Alt/Auging two mods is half the work when everything that comes afterwards requires currency that is 500+ times as valuable? Are you having a giggle?

It is Alt/Regaling, since you want your 2 suffixes to be Crit/attspd.

Please, if its so easy, Alt/Regal such a double t1 dagger and post your results of orbs used.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info