Beyond League

"
krilox wrote:

It's beyond stupid

I think we have a winner for league name
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
There's no point in killing them. The only thing I've done is try to avoid them as much possible but even then they'll random spawn on top of you if you just kill a large pack. I've died twice now, once when an archer spawned with a faster attacks mod that stun locked me with a thousand arrows per second before I could even move. The other was me running from them trying to avoid the same scenario.

Was really hoping they learned from Invasion, but they ended up just making the league mod another nuisance instead of something fun. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have half a billion HP.
I think the bigger problem with beyond is that hardcore players are stuck in their ways. I'm thinking you guys are expecting to see the same progression through beyond as with other leagues, but maybe that was never the intention.

Maybe instead of simply aiming steadily toward the end game you are supposed to see every few set of areas as a new benchmark to aim for. That would mean that simply leveling off of 1 skill + some mobility isn't going to cut it. Maybe you can't just use one color gem maybe you should be using 2 green active gems, 1 red, and a blue active gem?

I for one see conversion trap as a neccesity in Beyond, also strong single target like puncture. But that doesn't mean that those would even be my main skills, just utility skills to help counter mass spawns + regen.

I just don't think you guys are putting your thinking caps on for Beyond league.
Lack of monster variety is pretty sad but I really dug the flamesurge + unrighteous fire combination, that was pretty clever. I don't know if that already existed because I had not played for months (actually I quit before flamesurge, molten strike and all these skills were introduced).

I don't really experience the life regen problems (for now) because I'm the kind of person who buys a geoffri's baptism for 2-3c and then I just roll my face across the spectral throw and heavy strike buttons until I'm in merciless but I can see how anything that isn't cheesy or cookie-cutter (so no stuff like flameblast + added light into searing bond until maps) will have a very negative gaming experience with all these life regen (+ haste so you can't really run) mobs.
Beyond league.
I would like to see:

-as a melee do not get these mobs spawned on top of me OR give me warning or graphic thing (a portal slowly opening) to see where/when they spawn! It's hardly controllable

-give me more reward for killing them

-nerf mob regen of these not only in normal but cruel+merc too, some regen no prob but it's too much as most players won't do that much damage - it's hardcore so survivability before damage !? (a friend just died in cruel to a beyond mob spawning thinking that he could kill but it was too fast with too much regen)

Up to now I thought I would be fine but just ran for my life from some fire and fast guy that spawned while I was killing a hard blue pack, guess I hit some trios of white mobs in between, and I am lvl 24, the area was lvl 18! Escaped to entrance with like 5% life left.
Running this meelee dual wield build, doing some decent damage (using orbs constantly to upgrade my gear, + already have some nice gems/life/resist but doesn't seem enough...)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996672

IF there are these hard mobs as a melee you should be able to decide if you can facetank them or if to run away - but sometimes there is burst damage - while you attack them you are at half life suddenly even with decent resist and then it can get ugly (I am on normal still!)
"
BearCares wrote:
I think the bigger problem with beyond is that hardcore players are stuck in their ways. I'm thinking you guys are expecting to see the same progression through beyond as with other leagues, but maybe that was never the intention.

Maybe instead of simply aiming steadily toward the end game you are supposed to see every few set of areas as a new benchmark to aim for. That would mean that simply leveling off of 1 skill + some mobility isn't going to cut it. Maybe you can't just use one color gem maybe you should be using 2 green active gems, 1 red, and a blue active gem?

I for one see conversion trap as a neccesity in Beyond, also strong single target like puncture. But that doesn't mean that those would even be my main skills, just utility skills to help counter mass spawns + regen.

I just don't think you guys are putting your thinking caps on for Beyond league.

Why would you put your thinking cap on?

The problem isn't that these mobs are difficult.

It's that they take extremely long to kill and often drop literally nothing at all. The majority I've encountered did not even drop blues.

Why would I find creative solutions to the problem of defeating these invaders when finding creative solutions to the problem of avoiding these invaders is vastly more rewarding in the form of time saved which I can then use to farm enemies that do have decent drops.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
Pretty good but I think they need to up the rewards on the monsters. especially bosses.
Oblivious
I also agree with other posters. The whole 'Beyond' idea is great in theory, but as it currently stands it's extremely underwhelming.

- No monster variety. Same 3-4 monster types spawn all the time. How come we had so much variety with invasions and all the unique bosses? In comparison - Beyond portals are just plain boring. Also, as part of the expansion hype this was the Beyond description: "Players in the Beyond League will have to deal with a race of extradimensional demons invading Wraeclast". I was honestly expecting some new demon monsters. But what we get is same old bugs from act 3, ice monsters from the caves, human archers and the flying squids.

- The portal monsters are NOT FUN because it takes ages to kill them with all the life regen mods and regen auras. Furthermore there is no incentive to kill these guys since you can clear half the map in the same time it would take you to chew through these annoying monsters. It takes waaaaaay too long to kill them and on top of everything they don't really have good drops nor do they give sufficient experience. So why exactly should we bother killing these? What's the incentive?

Either reduce the silly life regen / large hp / resistances of these monsters OR make them worth killing by improving their loot and/or vastly increase the experience you get from them.

We tend to play video games because they are fun. And we enjoy features that are fun and enjoyable. Sadly the Beyond portals in their current form are not.

To sum up my experience:

- when I see a Strongbox: "oh sweet!"
- when I see Rogue Exile: "nice!"
- when I see Invaders: "cool!"
- when I see a Master: "let's do this!"
- when I see corrupted zone: "yea, why not"

and

- when I see Beyond 'demons': "zzzzz, I can't be bothered"
this really punishes melee pretty hard you try to kill a pack and bam those tripple lifereg quadra ele resist beyonds and your char is in the middle

i have a decoy and temp chain on cwdt just to survive the first blast of those ultra haste powercrit guys

they really need to tweak the droprate the risk is way to high for no reward at all

the master are great quests are aewsome but this feels not rewarding
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 21, 2014, 7:44:12 PM
"
Nayeen wrote:
I also agree with other posters. The whole 'Beyond' idea is great in theory, but as it currently stands it's extremely underwhelming.

- No monster variety. Same 3-4 monster types spawn all the time. How come we had so much variety with invasions and all the unique bosses? In comparison - Beyond portals are just plain boring. Also, as part of the expansion hype this was the Beyond description: "Players in the Beyond League will have to deal with a race of extradimensional demons invading Wraeclast". I was honestly expecting some new demon monsters. But what we get is same old bugs from act 3, ice monsters from the caves, human archers and the flying squids.

- The portal monsters are NOT FUN because it takes ages to kill them with all the life regen mods and regen auras. Furthermore there is no incentive to kill these guys since you can clear half the map in the same time it would take you to chew through these annoying monsters. It takes waaaaaay too long to kill them and on top of everything they don't really have good drops nor do they give sufficient experience. So why exactly should we bother killing these? What's the incentive?

Either reduce the silly life regen / large hp / resistances of these monsters OR make them worth killing by improving their loot and/or vastly increase the experience you get from them.

We tend to play video games because they are fun. And we enjoy features that are fun and enjoyable. Sadly the Beyond portals in their current form are not.

To sum up my experience:

- when I see a Strongbox: "oh sweet!"
- when I see Rogue Exile: "nice!"
- when I see Invaders: "cool!"
- when I see a Master: "let's do this!"
- when I see corrupted zone: "yea, why not"

and

- when I see Beyond 'demons': "zzzzz, I can't be bothered"

Totally agree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type