Beyond League

Every league start I go to HC, and every time I've made it to 80+ and highish maps. I'm so disgusted by how Beyond was designed that I hit about 30, gave stuff to group, deleted and moved to Rampage. Fairly disappointed by that so far as well.
"
SlixSC wrote:
It's the oldest "shit-trick" in the book. Just give mobs a crap ton of health/damage mitigation to make the fights seem more difficult.

It's generally a bad idea to add mechanics to a game that slow down gameplay and combat.

The only way this league could be considered a success is if GGG's intention was to bore people to death.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the passive tree changes, new skills, masters, etc.. oh well.

The first time i encountered a beyond pack it was incredible hard. The Loot doesnt worth it at all... But man, its pretty much fun to gather enough monster to spawn a boss anywhere u want...

And please! The most important reward is fun while playing.

I like slower combat. its way more tactical and other than my main-spam-skill can be used to tweak the fight.

Never used a freeze mine before.

IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
keeper190786 wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
It's the oldest "shit-trick" in the book. Just give mobs a crap ton of health/damage mitigation to make the fights seem more difficult.

It's generally a bad idea to add mechanics to a game that slow down gameplay and combat.

The only way this league could be considered a success is if GGG's intention was to bore people to death.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the passive tree changes, new skills, masters, etc.. oh well.

The first time i encountered a beyond pack it was incredible hard. The Loot doesnt worth it at all... But man, its pretty much fun to gather enough monster to spawn a boss anywhere u want...

I like slower combat. its way more tactical and other than my main-spam-skill can be used to tweak the fight.

There is no fun because you either have to run trough the map because the mobs are unkillable or it takes ages to kill them. And they spawn at every lockbox and lockboxes made the game quite fun but are hard now
"
napalm424 wrote:
"
free_at_last wrote:
Guys - it´s named Hardcore - not Godmode.

If you can´t stand it - leave it.

well invasion was x10 harder, this is just anonying not HARD....

Annoying doesnt even cover it, i have been trying to get to spawn one in normal on my way up, its freaking rediculously impossible. i can only assume its easier later in the game, but it sure shouldnt be so hard in normal. im also guessing theres going to be alot of builds that wont be able to spawn these alone, which is sad also.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
keeper190786 wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

If you want the game to play slower you are luckily part of a very small minority that can simply be ignored.

Also...

"
The most important reward is fun while playing.

Fuck off with nonsensical statements like that. One of the things that makes ARPG games fun is getting rewarded for your risks/efforts. The loot tables for these beyond bosses are horrible, there is absolutely no point in killing them (especially given how much health they have).
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
free_at_last wrote:
Mmh, yes, we all are forced by GGG to play in Beyond League.

At night rings the phone with Chris on the line: "You have to play Beyond League, dude - otherwise ....."

If you don´t like it - just don´t play it.
Nothing as simple as that.

It's the only alternative for a temp HC league... Its one of the major features of the game.
Let's rather fix it mkey?
EVERY Beyond mob has regen, and often twice stacked up as aura as well to allies..

It's beyond stupid, but its tweakable.

Get some interesting mods in there, add some mob variation, and remove the awful degen auras with onslaught speed. It's not fun. it's tedious and a chore.

The Idea of the League is fucking great. They just messed it up big time.

few points that need to change asap:

Monster Variety.

Rewards.

Portal Treshold should scale with Difficulty.. its almost impossible to spawn a Boss in Normal. Yes Normal is a part of the game (some people dont just rush it like the Roadrunner on Speed).

REMOVE THE GODDAMN REGEN AURA! god it takes AGES to kill this shit Portal things on Normal.. i can imagine its pretty fun to get these in Merciless if you have mediocre gear.

and did i mention REWARDS!? if the boss is harder to kill as Dominus (some of them are) it should give a proper reward.

challenging? i just 1 shot these packs with flameblast+burn nothing dificult
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
challenging? i just 1 shot these packs with flameblast+burn nothing dificult

Path of Flameblast
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info