Beyond League

"
beysl wrote:
There is absolutely no reward or incentive to get/kill these annoying, additional packs. This system is pointless and anti-fun, not sure what they were thinking. At least give some decent drops or the possibility to control if they spawn or not. As is you are punished for a high clear speed.

100% agreed
Last edited by kramurz on Aug 21, 2014, 1:59:20 PM
I find it a confusing league.

It's like the entire experience, rebalancing and all the problems and lessons from Invasion never happened. It's like the complete redesign of Rogue Exile encounters occurred in some different game. As if Corrupted Zones aren't something that's already in the game.

It leaves me wondering how the balance team works...

How exactly does one spend months tweaking Invasion bosses, Rogue Exiles and Corrupted areas and then appear to learn quite literally absolutely nothing at all from that?
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
beysl wrote:
There is absolutely no reward or incentive to get/kill these annoying, additional packs. This system is pointless and anti-fun, not sure what they were thinking. At least give some decent drops or the possibility to control if they spawn or not. As is you are punished for a high clear speed.

Well said, it needs tweaking, as it is now it's only annoying.
feels like you're doing extra hours yet getting the same paycheck... :|

tbh, im not impressed fo far.
I already miss Invasion.

Beyond is a joke due to the incredible low monster variation and their really low item drop rate.

Yeah, it's hard, but absolutely not interesting / rewarding.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Aug 21, 2014, 2:28:23 PM
This is the exact same problem that Invasion had and after months of feedback they learned jackshit. High risk, no reward.
"
Brelm wrote:
This is the exact same problem that Invasion had and after months of feedback they learned jackshit. High risk, no reward.

Sad part is Invasion was a bit better.
It's the oldest "shit-trick" in the book. Just give mobs a crap ton of health/damage mitigation to make the fights seem more difficult.

It's generally a bad idea to add mechanics to a game that slow down gameplay and combat.

The only way this league could be considered a success is if GGG's intention was to bore people to death.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the passive tree changes, new skills, masters, etc.. oh well.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
It's the oldest "shit-trick" in the book. Just give mobs a crap ton of health/damage mitigation to make the fights seem more difficult.

It's generally a bad idea to add mechanics to a game that slow down gameplay and combat.

The only way this league could be considered a success is if GGG's intention was to bore people to death.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the passive tree changes, new skills, masters, etc.. oh well.

Yeah everything else is great. But the main part just sucks. Slows you down. Annoys you. Aint worth the xp aint worth the loot. Just plain lame shit
"
beysl wrote:

I agree.. I died in cruel ledge from beyond thing leap slamming. I am not sure how they spawn but it really seems to be terrible for melee. Every time I fight a big magic pack / rare beyond thing would spawn under me so then I can not kill anything. I even was skipping some drops near them.

On my new char I am using spectral throw and things have been 5 times easier since monsters do not spawn on top of me.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info