New upcoming unique.

"
Charan wrote:
"
Renahud wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

Yeah, kinda sucks. Enables higher socket count for some items but overall, low level uniques dropping way past their level of efficacy is lame.

I think low level uniques could stop dropping after act 1 merciless, that way people could farm merveil for high Ilvl quill rain or stuff like that, and others could have a better chance to get higher level common ones.

Or they could remove the level based socket limits from uniques altogether and impose upper limits for drops. That'd be fun, and force higher players to either farm lower zones for things like 6l searing touch or, shock, deal with lucky low level players.

But eh, all too late now. The system that is and will be means that uniques aimed squarely at low level, such as these boots, can and will drop for people who have no use for them.

I think it's stupid. It'd be like playing D and D with the same loot table for level 20 monsters as level 2, just with more options. So you slay that huge dragon and it might drop a scroll of light...or a Wish ring.

People would house rule that shit out asap.

I endorse your post.

+10 cookies
Maybe EB, full es at anytime
"
i upgraded to eternal 16.12.2013 and ,my idea for item was pretty simple
-very low level boots (lv1-10)
-+50% running speed at full life
-you take more damage
-some random stats

they are risky but fast and fun for speedruns (i asked to make them common unique drops)

after that they reply my questions once about 3-6weeks, this was really frustrating...
then they raised item level to lv 27,changed full life to ES and dropped running speed to 40,

It's really sad to read that. Your initial idea was balanced more or less. Fulllife is not something that is sustainable at low levels and taking extra damage is a big deal. It would have created a pretty fun item at low levels.

Current full ES version would work out fine if the movement was much higher. 40 movement on full ES is the equivalent of much less in practice. It could be ok if the penalty was removed at least.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 13, 2014, 11:06:10 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
-you take more damage
-some random stats

they are risky but fast and fun for speedruns (i asked to make them common unique drops)

after that they reply my questions once about 3-6weeks, this was really frustrating...
then they raised item level to lv 27,changed full life to ES and dropped running speed to 40,

It's really sad to read that. Your initial idea was balanced more or less. Fulllife is not something that is sustainable at low levels and taking extra damage is a big deal. It would have created a pretty fun item at low levels.

Current full ES version would work out fine if the movement was much higher. 40 movement on full ES is the equivalent of much less in practice. It could be ok if the penalty was removed at least.

You forget that everyone uses quicksilver flasks and full life even if hard to sustain is protected by ES even for a short time at low lvls. If i find em i will surely use them plus we dont have much (or any?) full ES and even low ES uniques. Too much low and full life as it is though.
"
Myrmi wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
Doesn't seem fake to me.

I'd like to hear about the design process and philosophy behind these boots. I strongly doubt there isn't something to them. As others have so callously noted, 1k isn't a small amount, so I'd like to believe there's method to this seeming madness.

-you take more damage
-some random stats

then they raised item level to lv 27,changed full life to ES and dropped running speed to 40, i reply that i dont like it coz the whole point for low lv race boots its gone, and then they nerfed stats and put to 16.
i took 9 moths to make these and i have already stopped playing game so i dont care anymore, about my new avatar i have asked about 5 times and its still not done or they forgot whole thing.

same thing with my first item http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essentia_Sanguis
when i started make those i have faith that melee will be fixed someday. they launch my claws same day as ghost reaver keynote (next to claw+CI tree) so they become useless at day 1)

Ohhey there!

Look, about Essentia: it's the same as Moonsorrow. Sure, the item itself isn't appreciated but what it brought to the table, being Blind, sure is. Ghost Reaver changed the game, and we have you to thank for that!

Thanks for explaining your boots. The full life thing was clearly too strong for GGG, but I'm sorry they combined the damage penalty from your first idea with this much weaker ES idea.

I also want to apologize on behalf of all the people being jerks in this thread. None of them have had to design an item, or deal with GGG as a designer. It can be super frustrating, as my other thread made very clear.

Thanks again for posting.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Khisanth wrote:

The economy would collapse? That would imply those uniques are being traded a lot. If that was the case then people wouldn't be hating them as much.

Imagine a situation when you would have to farm CRUEL Merveil to get Lionyes, farm CRUEL City of Sarn to get Rainbowstrides, NORMAL Docks to get Stone of Lazhwar and so on. It is going to be a huge hit to the existing economy because it is already somewhat settled.

High level uniques will be gated, a lot of map only drops have a high price just because they are...map only drops.

I am okay with the current system. Yeah i get a lot of shit tier uniques, most of them do not even have rights to be called uniques because they drop so often and their power level is below zero. But on the other hand these are alchemy shards and they are still better than alteration shards i would get from a rare that could have dropped instead of some crap unique.

TLDR You can not just go in and start rebuilding a house from the base, it will fall right on you.
"

You forget that everyone uses quicksilver flasks and full life even if hard to sustain is protected by ES even for a short time at low lvls. If i find em i will surely use them plus we dont have much (or any?) full ES and even low ES uniques. Too much low and full life as it is though.

Low level uniques being powerful at low levels is not exactly bad. Look at lifesprig, the many 2 hand uniques,wanderlust,goldrim, auromvorax..etc. It's really fun to find a unique at low levels that make progressing at a certain point quick and fun. It's a change of pace.

With the penalty and higher movement it would have been an interesting speed unique. At low levels getting around 30 ES or so is what is achievable when progressing normally. I don't think the current boot design is bad if it had no penalty though.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 13, 2014, 11:19:52 AM
Agreed. The penalty seems to be a leftover from an earlier design.

This person threw 2.5k at GGG and it sounds like they got a serious raw deal.

I am not okay with that.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
kasub wrote:
"

Low level uniques being powerful at low levels is not exactly bad. Look at lifesprig, the many 2 hand uniques,wanderlust,goldrim, auromvorax..etc. It's really fun to find a unique at low levels that make progressing at a certain point quick and fun. It's a change of pace.

With the penalty and higher movement it would have been an interesting speed unique. At low levels getting around 30 ES or so is what is achievable when progressing normally. I don't think the current boot design is bad if it had no penalty though.

Yeah, i would love some epic speed boots at some early lvl but oh well, what can we do?
"
Myrmi wrote:

-you take more damage
-some random stats

then they raised item level to lv 27,changed full life to ES and dropped running speed to 40, i reply that i dont like it coz the whole point for low lv race boots its gone, and then they nerfed stats and put to 16.
i took 9 moths to make these and i have already stopped playing game so i dont care anymore, about my new avatar i have asked about 5 times and its still not done or they forgot whole thing.

same thing with my first item http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essentia_Sanguis
when i started make those i have faith that melee will be fixed someday. they launch my claws same day as ghost reaver keynote (next to claw+CI tree) so they become useless at day 1)

You need to stick to your guns bro. Even if you don't play you still spent the money so you deserve to be happy with the product. If the boots have to be that bad then they deserve to have at least a 50% run speed bonus. If the devs won't allow 50% then the boots should be buffed in other areas.

Maybe allow the 40% but give it something else to compensate. Reduce the penalty and add some life or something.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info