New upcoming unique.

"
ephetat wrote:
Reading Myrmi's take was depressing.

What a massive understatement...

I'm not sure how involved Chris or some of the other key developers are in at least the high level overview, but this surely is embarrassing and a direct slap in the face to someone that contributed significantly to GGG's development.

It's a mixture of sadness, anger, and confusion. Surely they can't be so busy that the quality has dropped this much?

It appears my lack of contributing during this round of supporter packs was a valid step.

Shape up GGG.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Charan wrote:
Mmmm...damage based on movement speed would be very cool.

Or a keystone that gives chance to dodge attacks/spells while moving based on movement speed
Or a keystone that makes movement speed affect movement skills

but even then there are still much better low level boots.

My own personal rule is the same one I use for maps in most cases. I do not use Items that have mods that increase damage on me. I play hc afterall. When I roll maps, I strive for stats that do not increase damage on me.
Last edited by rob16437 on Aug 13, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Talk about a PR nightmare for GGG. Shame on them
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Yeah, those boots definitely need some sort of change. Either drop the LV requirement to make them better for early speed running or add a "x% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery" mod to it so that you'll be able to more conveniently take advantage of the move speed bonus outside of combat.
Wow what a shame. Seem like GGG really dropped the ball here :c
I still think the boots would have at least SOME niche use, so not completely worthless, but yeah...if the maker isn't happy with them, then something should be done. If you're going to pay that much money to get YOUR unique put into the game, it should at least be one you're satisfied with unless the demands you're making are completely unreasonable. These boots could certainly be a lot better and not be overpowered. At the very least, GGG owes the maker a detailed explanation on WHY they think the item needs to be balanced the way they did.
Last edited by Hodari on Aug 13, 2014, 12:51:42 PM
Does 0/0 count as full or empty on ES?
"
Myrmi wrote:

i upgraded to eternal 16.12.2013 and ,my idea for item was pretty simple
-very low level boots (lv1-10)
-+50% running speed at full life
-you take more damage
-some random stats

they are risky but fast and fun for speedruns (i asked to make them common unique drops)

after that they reply my questions once about 3-6weeks, this was really frustrating...
then they raised item level to lv 27,changed full life to ES and dropped running speed to 40, i reply that i dont like it coz the whole point for low lv race boots its gone, and then they nerfed stats and put to 16.
i took 9 moths to make these and i have already stopped playing game so i dont care anymore, about my new avatar i have asked about 5 times and its still not done or they forgot whole thing.

same thing with my first item http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essentia_Sanguis
when i started make those i have faith that melee will be fixed someday. they launch my claws same day as ghost reaver keynote (next to claw+CI tree) so they become useless at day 1)

When someone donates $1000 because they believe you deserve it, that's a pretty shit way of saying cheers. Man that's depressing.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
I agree they don't meet the intent of the designer.

But, the thing I don't get about low level racing uniques is that if you're low level starting a race (when you really need stuff like this) the drop rate on individual uniques is so low that it's highly likely that no one in a race will even find a pair, let alone get much use out of it.

Why would anyone design an item that may only ever be used by a handful of people for only an hour?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
Hodari wrote:
I still think the boots would have at least SOME niche use, so not completely worthless, but yeah...if the maker isn't happy with them, then something should be done. If you're going to pay that much money to get YOUR unique put into the game, it should at least be one you're satisfied with unless the demands you're making are completely unreasonable. These boots could certainly be a lot better and not be overpowered. At the very least, GGG owes the maker a detailed explanation on WHY they think the item needs to be balanced the way they did.

They should give him some leeway at least when it comes to movespeed since they already went for ES instead of life he deserves to get either a lower lvl req on them and/or a higher movespeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info