Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

And just btw, how about getting the game action back to screen?
Im so fed up with offscreen-action, why do you even design skins for Bosses when alot of players just wont ever see then due to beeing offscreen-(one-)shotted. This is so hillarious. I have understanding for those using a zoomhack to enjoy that game, sadly my pc is too weak to use that.

cooooool!!!!!

I will play again once the patch is implemented!
I don't understand the griping about making certain currency and uniques a little more likely to drop -- or at least giving more variety in the chance for such things to drop. This is not a real-money game or a pay-to-win game, so the "wealth" any player has in game has no real "value" ... other than it gives you more choices in gameplay to customize gear and to try constructing niche builds. So, if the challenge and fun in the game is to acquire wealth so that you can experience as much of the game as possible, there is really no good reason to begrudge players an equal (well, RNG) shot at say, getting a koam's heart or a bunch of cartographer chisels or a six-link or whatever.

The people who complain about good stuff being super-exclusive and only for themselves have too much invested in their own superiority. I can see how slightly increasing the chance or opportunities to find valuable currency and gear might be problematic if we all paid real money for something whose value is rapidly depreciating, but in this case, all I see are players who feel special for having what others do not and wanting to keep having while others have-not. It's petty and makes no sense. The reward for having amazing gear is that you have more choices to be creative with your build... essentially, you have more ways to enjoy playing the game. Is it fair (or even logical?) to seek to enjoy playing the game more than other playes? Am I missing something?

I'm not saying GIVE EVERYONE A KOAM'S HEART. There should be chance and challenge to finding all uniques... that is the point. But the super valuable uniques... Koam's heart, Shavronne's Wrappings, Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain, Alpha's Howl... They all somehow undermine or enhance basic game mechanics to the point of being able to do things with a build that are ordinarily not possible, and frequently exploitative or OP. These kinds of added/modified mechanics should not be immediately available to EVERYONE at all levels, but if say, on average every player were to find one of those super-valued uniques after 500 hours of gameplay with any characters level 70 or higher ... would it really be so bad? I mean, the more you play and the higher level your character, statistically, the greater the chance of you finding good stuff (or stuff that helps you find good stuff) anyhow, right? a player who plays 5 hours a day, 5 days a week with a character he or she has gotten to lvl 100 and plays exclusively in areas lvl 67 or higher, esp. maps, is going to probably on average have found a lot more good stuff than someone who plays 2 hours a week and has five characters in the level 30s who never play past Cruel areas.

Seriously, I want to know, am I missing something? Or am I correct in assuming that the players who complain about good stuff being more obtainable are either joking/trolling or genuinely petty?
Yay, Unique boxes! I was waiting for them so long *_*

And I guess unique boxes will be super-rare, with a very-very small chance to drop Kaom's Heart, so...
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
+1 on the possible QQ. :)

You guys keep rockin'!!
omg im fuckin giddy now :D
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I wonder if the unique chest idea came from people who thought unique chests were a feature before sotv was released
I love this, I was surprised we didnt have unique boxes from the start but I guess its like unique maps, they can be added over time.

Chris and GGG guys, one thing I would say, if it were my game Id consider doing something drastic right now. Not because the game needs it, but I think it would jazz up the leagues atm. I would merge Ambush and Invasion when you bring in the new Unique mob balances. What I mean by that is add the boxes and monsters to both leagues. 2 controversial game additions, one seems very reward heavy, one risk heavy, feels like they belong together, and from the feedback I hear around town it feels like some of the Hc players could do with a bit of lift in spirits and motivation.

It might not be a bad idea as an ongoing theme to change things up the second half of the leagues, spice things up a bit for the purists on both sides. I dunno, you guys probably hate the idea but I feel like it could be healthy.

anyway, I want this box, good times.

"
MackBesmirch wrote:
I don't understand the griping about making certain currency and uniques a little more likely to drop -- or at least giving more variety in the chance for such things to drop. This is not a real-money game or a pay-to-win game, so the "wealth" any player has in game has no real "value" ... other than it gives you more choices in gameplay to customize gear and to try constructing niche builds. So, if the challenge and fun in the game is to acquire wealth so that you can experience as much of the game as possible, there is really no good reason to begrudge players an equal (well, RNG) shot at say, getting a koam's heart or a bunch of cartographer chisels or a six-link or whatever.

The people who complain about good stuff being super-exclusive and only for themselves have too much invested in their own superiority. I can see how slightly increasing the chance or opportunities to find valuable currency and gear might be problematic if we all paid real money for something whose value is rapidly depreciating, but in this case, all I see are players who feel special for having what others do not and wanting to keep having while others have-not. It's petty and makes no sense. The reward for having amazing gear is that you have more choices to be creative with your build... essentially, you have more ways to enjoy playing the game. Is it fair (or even logical?) to seek to enjoy playing the game more than other playes? Am I missing something?

I'm not saying GIVE EVERYONE A KOAM'S HEART. There should be chance and challenge to finding all uniques... that is the point. But the super valuable uniques... Koam's heart, Shavronne's Wrappings, Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain, Alpha's Howl... They all somehow undermine or enhance basic game mechanics to the point of being able to do things with a build that are ordinarily not possible, and frequently exploitative or OP. These kinds of added/modified mechanics should not be immediately available to EVERYONE at all levels, but if say, on average every player were to find one of those super-valued uniques after 500 hours of gameplay with any characters level 70 or higher ... would it really be so bad? I mean, the more you play and the higher level your character, statistically, the greater the chance of you finding good stuff (or stuff that helps you find good stuff) anyhow, right? a player who plays 5 hours a day, 5 days a week with a character he or she has gotten to lvl 100 and plays exclusively in areas lvl 67 or higher, esp. maps, is going to probably on average have found a lot more good stuff than someone who plays 2 hours a week and has five characters in the level 30s who never play past Cruel areas.

Seriously, I want to know, am I missing something? Or am I correct in assuming that the players who complain about good stuff being more obtainable are either joking/trolling or genuinely petty?

well written and +1 !
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

Nope, you aren't missing anything. +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info