Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

"
BaggerX wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
"
BangoSkank wrote:
Don't see the problem with letting people get the end game uniques more easily .
I think the QQ'ers are people that already have the items and are worried about the
values dropping .
Lots of people complained about the carto boxes ruining map economy , when all they really did was open up higher level maps to more people and reduce the cost of running maps for everyone .
Open up the game and allow everyone to enjoy what there is to offer , instead of burying everything in layers of monotonous RNG .

Yes, but why only Kaom's items?
Thats just limiting and not opening up anything.

It's a random idea that seems fun to the developers but if you really think of it, all it does is just generate negative side-effects.
Either everyone will be running around in Kaom's Hearts making the unique chest and Kaom's heart worthless, or it's so fucking rare that just a couple of players will actually have it dropped from the unique chest which makes it a redundant addition to the game.

Does anyone already know a good reason to make it only drop Kaom's items?

Because it's just one type of unique box. There are others, and if the past is any indicator, there will be more types of unique boxes in the future. Just like they've continually added more unique maps, bosses, and gear over time. If it could just drop anything, then it wouldn't be very unique.

It would be if it only dropped 1 guaranteed random unique armor piece. And maybe with a item-level minimum.

Walking into the chests that you describe means almost the same as just having them drop from a monster. The difference is that you know what's going to drop before it drops.

But a lot of this depends on the spawn rate of the chests.

Still looking for a reason why it would be good to only have the Kaom's items drop from it!
"
ressiv wrote:
"
BaggerX wrote:

Because it's just one type of unique box. There are others, and if the past is any indicator, there will be more types of unique boxes in the future. Just like they've continually added more unique maps, bosses, and gear over time. If it could just drop anything, then it wouldn't be very unique.

It would be if it only dropped 1 guaranteed random unique armor piece. And maybe with a item-level minimum.

Walking into the chests that you describe means almost the same as just having them drop from a monster. The difference is that you know what's going to drop before it drops.

But a lot of this depends on the spawn rate of the chests.

Still looking for a reason why it would be good to only have the Kaom's items drop from it!

If they're planning to have many kinds of unique boxes, that will likely drop at least one unique, then it makes perfect sense to differentiate them like this. Also, while finding one of these will be cool, you're still a lot more likely to get the stupid ring rather than the armor. But it'll still be fun to find a unique box.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

ooohh, ok, I get it. Some of the griping is worded in a general way, but is more specifically referring to the fact that Ambush league and Invasion league would not have an equal chance at the koam's increased drop chance form the unique strongboxes.

It DOES make sense that Invasion Bosses should at least have good loot drops to warrant engaging them.

ya. I dont even play invasion so it doesnt effect me, but I watch a lot of streams and read a lot of posts, seems like they could do with some motivation.

"
ressiv wrote:

because its fun and it has a theme, why do you have to cry about things that have nothing worth crying about? Youre trying really hard to find something to bitch about and failing, why dont you just do everyone a favour and drop it, youve got nothing worth saying or complaining about.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 25, 2014, 12:18:19 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

ooohh, ok, I get it. Some of the griping is worded in a general way, but is more specifically referring to the fact that Ambush league and Invasion league would not have an equal chance at the koam's increased drop chance form the unique strongboxes.

It DOES make sense that Invasion Bosses should at least have good loot drops to warrant engaging them.

ya. I dont even play invasion so it doesnt effect me, but I watch a lot of streams and read a lot of posts, seems like they could do with some motivation.

"
ressiv wrote:

because its fun and it has a theme, why do you have to cry about things that have nothing worth crying about? Youre trying really hard to find something to bitch about and failing, why dont you just do everyone a favour and drop it, youve got nothing worth saying or complaining about.

YOU thinking it's not worth crying about doesn't mean everyone should think it's "fun". I've clearly made my point with different arguments. We will see after a couple of weeks into 1.1.3 :)
why not just give away the items?
dont see the difference.
this would make more sense in invasion where there is a risk of dying.
but ambush....wuuuut.
"
asthetikz wrote:
why not just give away the items?
dont see the difference.
this would make more sense in invasion where there is a risk of dying.
but ambush....wuuuut.

o_O
Once again, the SC league gets some sort of aweesome loot mechanic and what does HC get.. ridiculous invasion bosses.
nice
Mess with the best, die like the rest
GG
can you use orb of chance to get unique boxes?
Woah, a lot of people in this thread don't even read the title. Unique CHESTS.
Yes, not one unique chest, several different types unique of chests. Is that so hard to comprehend?
What are the chances of you stumble upon a chest that drop a "Kaom's" labeled unique I wonder. Where are the other types of chests? Oh, you missed it.

And to the Invasion players, some of which are complaining about high risks, low rewards, why don't you just stop playing in HC leagues? Isn't a game supposed to be fun, for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info