Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

best strongbox ever :) thanks GGG
"
ressiv wrote:
If these ONLY drop Kaom's uniques then this is just another retarded update.
Why would you only let it drop those?
Give casual players a chance to get other high end uniques like shavs also, this is the chance to do it.
Only dropping Kaom's will probably just make them worth shit after a while and the chests wont feel any rewarding after that point.
If you want to keep the value high you will have to make it a very rare spawn and very rare to drop Kaom's Heart, but this will only make it to rare and the chest redundant.
Either way you can never balance this out because the number of possible outcomes is way to small, either: 1) shit Kaom's item 2) jackpot Kaom's item. If you add other valuable uniques into the mix you can balance it out.

Mark my words, if it only drops Kaom's it will just be another gimmicky failed update like vaal orbs, vaal gems and unset rings.

Sigh , I do hope players like you just leave the game .
This is not a Diablo 3 casual ARPG where you can get 15 uniques in 30 minutes like Kriparian did .

If you hope a easy game , where you can finish all the content in one week , just please stop playing because that wont happen . This is a game designed to be enjoyed for months not be finish in one or two weeks . The content is Ok and I do hope GGG just ignore this comments and keep the path of the hardcore player , cheers.
"
"
ressiv wrote:
If these ONLY drop Kaom's uniques then this is just another retarded update.
Why would you only let it drop those?
Give casual players a chance to get other high end uniques like shavs also, this is the chance to do it.
Only dropping Kaom's will probably just make them worth shit after a while and the chests wont feel any rewarding after that point.
If you want to keep the value high you will have to make it a very rare spawn and very rare to drop Kaom's Heart, but this will only make it to rare and the chest redundant.
Either way you can never balance this out because the number of possible outcomes is way to small, either: 1) shit Kaom's item 2) jackpot Kaom's item. If you add other valuable uniques into the mix you can balance it out.

Mark my words, if it only drops Kaom's it will just be another gimmicky failed update like vaal orbs, vaal gems and unset rings.

Sigh , I do hope players like you just leave the game .
This is not a Diablo 3 casual ARPG where you can get 15 uniques in 30 minutes like Kriparian did .

If you hope a easy game , where you can finish all the content in one week , just please stop playing because that wont happen . This is a game designed to be enjoyed for months not be finish in one or two weeks . The content is Ok and I do hope GGG just ignore this comments and keep the path of the hardcore player , cheers.

Sigh, I hope people responding to my messages would actually read and understand what I said.
I play self found on purpose to not get the "easy game". I really dont understand where you get the idea from that I want it to be easy?!?
Your whole post is based on just that assumption so I have nothing else to add.

Make this chest spawn like once every 100 playing hours and give it a higher chance to drop high end uniques then normal chests sounds reasonable to me.

If someone can give a good reason to why only Kaom's items should drop from this chest, please share.
Last edited by ressiv on Apr 25, 2014, 6:10:46 AM
going full retard with ambush or what?

meh... at least I get chroms on invaders trash loots.
Rip Ambush,now for sure.
So stupid...
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
I just dont understand,

1)Why does a Unique chest HAVE to drop a unique? maybe it could have a good chance, but no need to be guaranteed.
2)Why limit its drops to kaoms? It would seem to me, it being an armourers box, it should drop any and ALL armour type items, as which so should the Unique.
3)if #1 has to be True, then why not 3 unique boxes for armor, weapons, and jewelry?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Don't see the problem with letting people get the end game uniques more easily .
I think the QQ'ers are people that already have the items and are worried about the
values dropping .
Lots of people complained about the carto boxes ruining map economy , when all they really did was open up higher level maps to more people and reduce the cost of running maps for everyone .
Open up the game and allow everyone to enjoy what there is to offer , instead of burying everything in layers of monotonous RNG .
Let players get more powerful , add in harder bosses and content in updates , add interesting events whilst farming like boxes or bosses with increased chance to drop good loot , thats what I would like to see anyway .
Last edited by BangoSkank on Apr 25, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
"
BangoSkank wrote:
Don't see the problem with letting people get the end game uniques more easily .
I think the QQ'ers are people that already have the items and are worried about the
values dropping .
Lots of people complained about the carto boxes ruining map economy , when all they really did was open up higher level maps to more people and reduce the cost of running maps for everyone .
Open up the game and allow everyone to enjoy what there is to offer , instead of burying everything in layers of monotonous RNG .

Yes, but why only Kaom's items?
Thats just limiting and not opening up anything.

It's a random idea that seems fun to the developers but if you really think of it, all it does is just generate negative side-effects.
Either everyone will be running around in Kaom's Hearts making the unique chest and Kaom's heart worthless, or it's so fucking rare that just a couple of players will actually have it dropped from the unique chest which makes it a redundant addition to the game.

Does anyone already know a good reason to make it only drop Kaom's items?
I agree with you , perhaps the other two boxes will have a chance to drop uniques from a different set ?
"
ressiv wrote:
"
BangoSkank wrote:
values dropping .

Yes, but why only Kaom's items?
Thats just limiting and not opening up anything.

It's a random idea that seems fun to the developers but if you really think of it, all it does is just generate negative side-effects.
Either everyone will be running around in Kaom's Hearts making the unique chest and Kaom's heart worthless, or it's so fucking rare that just a couple of players will actually have it dropped from the unique chest which makes it a redundant addition to the game.

Does anyone already know a good reason to make it only drop Kaom's items?

Because it's just one type of unique box. There are others, and if the past is any indicator, there will be more types of unique boxes in the future. Just like they've continually added more unique maps, bosses, and gear over time. If it could just drop anything, then it wouldn't be very unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info