Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

"
Alea wrote:
@MackBesmirch : 500 hours of gameplay ?. stop dying.

LOL! I just threw out a random example of how the game is designed to reward cumulative time investment: certain mods only appear on items of a higher level; max sockets are capped per item levels; the good uniques require at least lvl 50 ... I just meant that even though there should not necessarily be a guaranteed reward for playing a lot, it would make sense that players who play a lot and level character to 100 are probably going to eventually find great rares and likely an amazing unique.

Hypothetically speaking, if we all played for an infinite amount of time, eventually at some point in the distant future, we'd all have found at least one koam's heart. i don't know what the true odds are, but the principle of the thing is that the more you play the game, the more you should enjoy it -- you not only get better at playing with practice, but you find items and currency to help gear up in various non-cookie-cutter-survive-thru-merciless builds.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I love this, I was surprised we didnt have unique boxes from the start but I guess its like unique maps, they can be added over time.

Chris and GGG guys, one thing I would say, if it were my game Id consider doing something drastic right now. Not because the game needs it, but I think it would jazz up the leagues atm. I would merge Ambush and Invasion when you bring in the new Unique mob balances. What I mean by that is add the boxes and monsters to both leagues. 2 controversial game additions, one seems very reward heavy, one risk heavy, feels like they belong together, and from the feedback I hear around town it feels like some of the Hc players could do with a bit of lift in spirits and motivation.

It might not be a bad idea as an ongoing theme to change things up the second half of the leagues, spice things up a bit for the purists on both sides. I dunno, you guys probably hate the idea but I feel like it could be healthy.

anyway, I want this box, good times.

ooohh, ok, I get it. Some of the griping is worded in a general way, but is more specifically referring to the fact that Ambush league and Invasion league would not have an equal chance at the koam's increased drop chance form the unique strongboxes.

It DOES make sense that Invasion Bosses should at least have good loot drops to warrant engaging them.
The chest will probably spawn kaom himself as a boss and most probably he will be a tough one. Did i mention the box will be almost as rare as a kaoms heart drop?
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
one thing i would like to provide as feeback is i hope the devs do not start a reoccuring pattern in future 4-month leagues to where one league is low risk/ high reward and the other is high risk/low reward.

even without hearing about this upcoming update that was my opinion already just reading about this new addition sparked me to actually come to forums to voice my opinion.

couple weeks ago me and my pal decided to try ambush league just to see if the drops u get were really that much better than invasion bosses that someone told me.

got to say while playing with my friend. over skype there was a lot of "lol really?" "seriously?" "this is just ridiculous" "well i wish we had this much currency at around the same time on invasion" while we played for about an hour maybe hour n half - 2 hours. needless to say it was an adventure with a lot of facepalming and the feeling of gettin bummed out.

i understand strongboxes will become part of core gameplay which is good to know so that lessons the sting knowing in a future HC league they will have chance to spawn randomly but the advantage to having them spawn very often during a 4 month league vs other league that spawns a much higher challenge with less reward is a tad ridiculous
Can't wait to QQ about not getting Kaom's chest ;-)~
Saved
we need something good to invasion too plz!
"
60x7 wrote:

Or another Kaoms ring :D
"
60x7 wrote:
Last edited by Weed on Apr 25, 2014, 2:24:08 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
obadonke wrote:
I will never see this in my lifetime. (I'm not bothered by this).

This!

I long ago stopped to be interested in uniques here. What is a point in wasting time to read about it, if I will not ever see it...

I know Chris, I can always see it on stream... new way to "play" game, watch streams!

RadiCOOL! Bro! ;D
If these ONLY drop Kaom's uniques then this is just another retarded update.
Why would you only let it drop those?
Give casual players a chance to get other high end uniques like shavs also, this is the chance to do it.
Only dropping Kaom's will probably just make them worth shit after a while and the chests wont feel any rewarding after that point.
If you want to keep the value high you will have to make it a very rare spawn and very rare to drop Kaom's Heart, but this will only make it to rare and the chest redundant.
Either way you can never balance this out because the number of possible outcomes is way to small, either: 1) shit Kaom's item 2) jackpot Kaom's item. If you add other valuable uniques into the mix you can balance it out.

Mark my words, if it only drops Kaom's it will just be another gimmicky failed update like vaal orbs, vaal gems and unset rings.
Last edited by ressiv on Apr 25, 2014, 3:19:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info