1.1.2 Patch Notes

please add a codex in-game for the rogues and bosses

and allocate more resources to fixing dsync
"
lakalavera wrote:
...and allocate more resources to reducing dsync

Fixed.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

As a summoner, on one hand I'm happy about this. I use smoke mine to get out when I open strongboxes, and having my Zombies stay there instead of teleporting with me will be a nice change.

But with that said, most of the time when I use smoke mine, it's sole purpose is to bring my minions back to me. Prison maps especially are bad, certain Lunaris Temple L3 layouts can be hell. At times I'm walking around with only 2 of my zombies. Are there any other ways of getting your Zombies back to you? (I honestly don't know of any, but I don't know that there aren't, I know lightning warp doesn't do it, but if anyone knows of anything that does, let me know :) )

So while when I use smoke mine for it's intended purpose, I rarely, if ever, want my Zombies and Spectres to come with me instead of staying in the midst of battle, and in that regards I'm happy about the change...

Now I need something to replace smoke mine for minion teleporting purposes.
anyone know what the new uniques are? not up on the wiki
I am incredibly dissapointed with the unending nerfing of summoners. There is a difference between nerfing and adjusting game mechanics.

I think GGG should first focus on nerfing very high end game mechanic flaws,... which are 99% of the time caused by combining high end gear, skill gems on specific builds. Which concerns 0.00001 % of players.

General gameplay changes are 10 times worse on the average player and make people leave the game. (Hey that's where the money is guys.) It's the old "just use duct tape" solution to every problem... in the long run it's a bad idea. If you pull a string,... you affect more than one thing. This is why this game needs test servers before making changes worldwide. (Just a suggestion... not that it's new to the gaming community.)

Nerfing is a delicate matter that seems to be often neglected (in most games). For example if you nerf an item because it's overpowered but leave legacy versions, you're only causing more problems because the gap between very high end players and average players will widen even more, but it also doesn't fix the problem and makes people mad because they invested time and efforts working on the specific build before they got the right items.

In my humble opinion many changes aren't adequate because they don't scale correctly. Adding new content is pretty cool but it should come second to fixing properly the gameplay. Slowly, not drastically is what I recommend. Build on what you have first.

I do agree that the previous use of smoke mine may have been a problem but now the problem is that pets can't be controlled at all. CLEARLY, no GGG designers play summoners in caves, it's just insanely obvious to anyone who plays 2 minutes in there. Sometimes I have to run into a room, run around a ton of mobs for 8-12s until minions show up. We need features to better control minions... and I'm not talking about a skill gem. The smoke mine was a player fix to a design problem. I have been waiting for a fix on minion pathing for a while now. THIS is the kind of general gameplay fix that would benefit the game at ALL levels.

Plus nerfing undying evangelist is a bit excessive. It already takes 20 minutes to 2 hours to find decent minions and that includes the very annoying snapshotting requirement... otherwise it's not a reasonnably fun playable class. Oh yeah, guess what, if the server dies, the connection fails or some other problem,... you have to restart. It's a TORTURE everytime... no group wants to wait for someone who says: Gimme 30 minutes guys I need to find decent pets that will die within 10.

Keep in mind that summoners are different from other classes... it's not a group class. It's a solo class. Minions don't scale to adapt to the improved mobs of group zones. If they're supposed to,... well it's bugged.

I don't write comments very often but I was so dissapointed that I had to say something. I like the game. There are some good innovative ideas here. Hopefully there will be patches where people won't have to say,... oh well I have to change class again.

Since complaining rarely fixes anything here's my suggestion to fix summoners:
a) Completely new feature that lets you build your spectres (NO LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC CORPSES OF A SPECIFIC LEVEL)
b) Fix minion pathing.
c) Feature (not a skill) that let's you summon the right pets. Desecrate was halfway there but it's still a player fix to a design problem.
d) Here's an interesting idea... shouldn't spectres be able to float through walls to go back to their master? Ok that wouldn't fix zombies or skellies but it would help.
e) Add minion specific mods to items... aside from +1/+2 levels.
f) Either make spectres of the level of the map (not just downscale, upscale too) or make spectres like zombies, fixed stats. Do you downscale the weapon dmg of a marauder when he enters a lower level zone? No? Then when do it to the minions? Again that was the wrong solution to a real problem.
g) Here's another decent idea: Make gems for specific minion types or make gems remember a specific type of corpse. `That's the best solution possible imo.

I hope GGG, considers some of those ideas.

Arc finally got a buff?

HOLY SHIT FUCKING YES
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Anyone looking for ways not to run a game company. GGG is showing you.
I have always been more inclined to prefer BUFFing poor skills than nerfing good ones.

While I think the summoners are over-reacting and their builds remain perfectly viable, I do understand.

Now, Where was the Viper Strike buff??? or the Ice Nova buff???, or the Glacial Hammer buff, Or the Sweep Buff?? and more. I'm glad arc and Poison arrow got a buff, but in the case of poison arrow, it is odd that GGG buffed it, and then the Melee version of it (Viper strike) didn't get touched.
I'm not a big fan of this patch. Too much nerf just hurts the game.
"
JPK_ wrote:
Correcting summoner imbalanced mechanics. People whining. Me lolling.

Until its your build that gets nerfed and all that gear you spent months grinding to gather for a specific build useless. I not even play summoner but after the long list of nerfs lately I agree with them, enough is enough already. Why does it matter if some builds are more effective than others except in PvP or cutthroat and in those they can stick to PvP only balancing. There are enough unaddressed AI and balance issues that need to be fixed that you have to wonder about priorities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info