1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I would enjoy it if GGG focused on making the game more smoother and less choppy, all these new skills,MTX doesn't change the attitudes of many. Also what happened to Cheap affordable MTX? all of them average over 100pts now...Not going to pay 10 bucks+ to have something that is going to clip with my gear.

Cheers

Yes, because the same people work on all those things, therefore working on one takes away from the others.

Bloody idiots.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Removing minions teleporting with the summoner if smoke mine is used? This needs to change back again.

Minions are not smart enough to know when to run around tight corners, and sometimes they don't even fit through tight gaps. Sometimes zombies can get past, but some spectres can't.

You simply NEED a way to make minion follow, or a way to pull the out of danger when they are not smart enough to do so themselves.

Zombies leaving poison on the ground etc. your minions love to stand in that shit, and you need to resummon shortly after.

I play a summoner, and I can't do the Tunnels map, because of all the narrow ways your minions get stuck. With smoke mine I could run around the corners and make minions follow me without too much problems.

mmm reviving at checkpoints love them d3 mechanics in poe.. LOL
"
Removing minions teleporting with the summoner if smoke mine is used? This needs to change back again.

Minions are not smart enough to know when to run around tight corners, and sometimes they don't even fit through tight gaps. Sometimes zombies can get past, but some spectres can't.

You simply NEED a way to make minion follow, or a way to pull the out of danger when they are not smart enough to do so themselves.

Zombies leaving poison on the ground etc. your minions love to stand in that shit, and you need to resummon shortly after.

I play a summoner, and I can't do the Tunnels map, because of all the narrow ways your minions get stuck. With smoke mine I could run around the corners and make minions follow me without too much problems.

this... indoor maps are now a pain as a summoner. sure, you don't want people abusing the smoke mine for atziri or whatnot, but you guys shouldn't remove a very necessary mechanic that summoners should have...
"
Some Rogue Exiles now use Vaal skills.

Would have preferred it if you improved minion AI before removing smoke mine teleporting. They get stuck way too often.
Looks like a great patch! The only thing I'm not a fan of are the Summoner nerfs, but I really don't care that much. I will still love my summoner and dominate anyway. I never used Smoke Mine and still cleared cave maps with ease. The Evangelist nerf hurts a bit, but they will still be awesome.
Aw, what a bummer about smoke mine!

As a new player and summoner, I remember finding it, testing it, and realizing my minions followed too. AWESOME! This is going to make game play so much more rewarding! I had a few bad smoke mines... and I learned my lessons 10% exp at a time.

Now, 50 levels later, I loved how much I could manage as a summoner. Keeping minions up, totems going, curses dropping, and of course, smoke mine as my escape/recall button. It has been strategic, and rewarding.

Losing the smoke mine effect means losing a piece of the fun, and a piece of the active participation I seek in games like this.

Please consider putting smoke mine back.
Oh god the Undying Evangelists. Thank you so much for this change. I hated how one would have proximity shield up shielding the 3 others while they used their stupid AOE nuke thing, then they would just rotate who had shield up until I died. So frustrating. I'm grateful for the checkpoints too, I would always slap myself when I died without setting up a portal. And I'm wondering if the Poison Arrow buffs would make it more viable now? I'm in no position to be theory-crafting, so I'll leave that to the smart people haha.
"
MichaelMills wrote:
I'm not sure how necessary the change to Smoke Mine was... What exactly is the change trying to accomplish? Was it really that overpowered to be able to pull your minions out of a dangerous situation? Minion AI is abysmal -- they're always going down/up stairs that you walk by, taking different paths than you, and getting stuck on terrain (especially in maps with narrow pathways). There needs to be some way to direct your minions around, or even recall them. Only being able to influence which monsters they choose to attack is not enough. GGG should allow us to bind a key (not on the skill bar) that allows us point our minions where to move, a key that allows us to recall our minions to our position (bypassing collision/walls/etc. -- with a short cast time, so reckless minion positioning still has a consequence), and a key to let us toggle between passive (how they behave when you have the Grace Period buff - so that they don't kamikaze into a Sunburst Queens' Incinerate Nova while we attack from range) and aggressive (normal) behavior. Removing the ability to recall minions with Smoke Mine is akin to removing the ability to /OOS -- removing a workaround to a serious flaw in the game.

On the balance changes to Undying Evangelists: As monsters, these changes were absolutely needed. As spectres, this change only punishes lower level characters and their non-high-level-map spectres. Spectres from a Palace map will have enough life to survive high incoming damage, even without bubbles -- Scepter of God spectres will not. I would argue that the best thing about the bubble is the increased survivability it gives the minion. The buff on the player is nice, but not completely dependable (e.g. Wonka). Higher level players are probably less dependent on the bubble for their own personal survivability. How about a less RNG based nerf to Evangelists: having the bubble provide a 50% reduction to incoming direct damage that originates from outside the bubble, instead of complete immunity, while leaving the duration and frequency the same.

If i got everything right, the combination of evangelists shield and being able to pull them to you immediatly made a very overpowerd build, that was basically immortal.
GGG recognized that (after the same guy won 3 one weeks with it, i belief), panicked, and nerfed every aspect that contributed to its opness
ign: kahunB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info