Content and Features:
- Added support for checkpointing. When you die in a non-hardcore league, you can choose between reviving in town or reviving at the last checkpoint. Checkpoints are made when you enter new areas or use internal teleporters within an area.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal Storm Call: Sets a marker at a location. While the marker remains, lightning strikes random enemies near it, dealing damage to them. After a short duration, a large bolt of lightning strikes the marker, dealing damage around it. When this happens, it will also set off the lightning at any other markers from this skill.
- Added a new Intelligence skill - Glacial Cascade: Icicles emerge from the ground in a series of small bursts, each damaging enemies caught in their area.
- Glacial Cascade is first available to the Witch, Templar, Shadow and Scion from "The Caged Brute" in Normal difficulty.
- Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Support Gem - Block Chance Reduction: This is a recipe-only support gem intended to have a PVP focus. It reduces the chance to block or spell block supported skills.
- Added five new Unique items, four of which were designed by our supporters. One of the new Uniques is a map.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Seraph Weapon Effect and Seraph Footprint Effect.
- New recipes have been added for the Block Chance Reduction Support Gem, and the new low level quiver unique. The recipe for Cartographer's Chisels has been extended.
- Ground Slam's visual effect has been updated.
- 3d art has been added for the following items: Atziri's Splendour, Rearguard, Drillneck and the alternate art Blackgleam.
- Added two new achievements: "Hostile Territory" and "Behold My Army".
- Introduced two new Rogue Exiles: a Templar and a Scion.
- Introduced two new Invasion Bosses into the pool of Invasion Bosses.
- Added a new Map Mod - Antagonist's: Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis mod.
- Several corrupted secret area bosses and Invasion bosses have new visual effects.
- Flamebearers in the Sceptre of God now have a new golden skin.
- Substantially rebalanced Invasion bosses, including changing their abilities. Many of the more extreme ones are now easier. Corrupted secret area bosses and Rogue Exiles were also updated in this process.
- Arc and Vaal Arc have had their damage increased by 60%. Arc and Vaal Arc can now no longer chain back to the same target immediately, but must now bounce one more time. Arc now increases in chain counts as the gem increases in level.
- Poison Arrow's damage has been increased by 8% at level 1, scaling up to an increase of 75% at level 15 of the gem.
- Reduced Cleave penalty from -30% to -20%.
- Shockwave Totem's pulses have been sped up from 0.75 seconds to 0.60 seconds each.
- Arctic Breath's damage has been increased by 42% at level 1, up to an increase of 95% at level 15.
- Flesh Offering now grants 30% attack, movement and cast speed at level 1, up to 40% at level 21 of the gem.
- Glacial Hammer now has specific PvP raw scaling, so that it does 30% less damage in PvP situations. This is on top of existing PvP scaling.
- Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.
- Monster versions of Molten Shell now require more damage to set off at higher levels.
- The "of Fracturing" map mod now gives 30% additional quantity and has been made rarer.
- Undying Evangelists now appear less frequently within their packs.
- Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.
- Atziri now removes curses correctly when she enters her mirror phase.
- Increased the drop rate of rare Vaal Fragments.
- Reduced the drop rate of Vaal Orbs.
- Some Rogue Exiles now use Vaal skills.
- Fixed a bug where using Desecrate in the Eternal Laboratory in the Invasion League would generate different monster corpses than in other leagues.
- Fixed a bug where Chain and Fork did not work correctly with Vaal Power Siphon.
- Fixed a bug where Dominus in the Palace Map did not correctly trigger his monster spawners when entering his second phase.
- Fixed a bug where aura skills linked with totems and trigger gems could be cast manually in addition to being triggered.
- Fixed a bug where Demigod's Bounty had no vendor sell price.
- Fixed a bug with Strongbox monster spawning where some monsters would fail to be created.
- Claw Nodes in the Shadow and Ranger areas have had their art corrected.
- Fixed a bug where Exiles that were supposed to have the Resolute Technique Keystone were not always hitting.
- Fixed a bug in Capture the Flag where, if a player died while converted, he would resurrect on the wrong team.
- Unset Ring's 2D Art has been corrected to not be the same as that of the Voideye unique.
- Fixed a bug where you could not get to The Desecrated Shrine in Descent races.
- Fixed a bug where Sarn Arena announcements did not attribute minion kills correctly.
- Fixed various issues with the sync and functionality of Atziri's Flameblast.
We hope you enjoy 1.1.2! Thanks again for your feedback and ongoing support
Posted by Chris
on Apr 7, 2014 12:52:09 AM
Grinding Gear Games
Posted by twiskt
on Apr 7, 2014 12:52:37 AM
EDIT: Are you kidding me, it really is a Block Chance Reduction support gem? GGG, you did something without thinking. The lack of care you bring to balancing PvP is appalling.
Last edited by mimivirus on Apr 7, 2014 1:06:16 AM
Posted by mimivirus
on Apr 7, 2014 12:53:10 AM
First Page w00t
Edit: Okay, so here is my feelings after reading the overall patch notes.
So far, I am very happy with new content and features. As always, GGG, you continue to show your one of the best at producing new content with the small team you have.
As for Balance Changes:
Substantially rebalanced Invasion bosses, including changing their abilities. Many of the more extreme ones are now easier. Corrupted secret area bosses and Rogue Exiles were also updated in this process.
Tuning bosses have only been part of the problem with Invasion. As of right now, I know of very few people who actually take the time to kill these bosses, while majority just skip them. There is little to no reward for killing them.
Arc and Vaal Arc have had their damage increased by 60%. Arc and Vaal Arc can now no longer chain back to the same target immediately, but must now bounce one more time. Arc now increases in chain counts as the gem increases in level.
Amazing Change. Arc needed a buff. ((WTB Ball Lightning))
Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.
I have always thought that this small mechanic made this ability very overpowered. That being said, im glad for the removal, but truth be told I feel that it should have been added to Lightning Warp. As a summoner, being able to relocate all of your minions back to you, was a godsend. Very sad that this was just removed, and not redistributed.
Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.
I am both happy and sad this was tweaked. The shields were insanely overpowered, but what dissappoints me is that there is even more of a limited pool to pull spectres from.
Last edited by UnsungCesspool on Apr 7, 2014 1:33:03 AM
Posted by UnsungCesspool
on Apr 7, 2014 12:55:11 AM
Too bad the continuing boss nerfs came too little too late to keep tons of people from already leaving.
Maybe next league, Chris.
Last edited by TheLurker on Apr 7, 2014 1:00:52 AM
Posted by TheLurker
on Apr 7, 2014 12:55:23 AM
Last edited by theSuRcher on Apr 7, 2014 12:57:25 AM
Posted by theSuRcher
on Apr 7, 2014 12:56:59 AM
Posted by CrispBiscuit
on Apr 7, 2014 12:57:10 AM
Will checkpoints be disabled for cutthroat leagues or maps?
Posted by Dreggon
on Apr 7, 2014 12:57:50 AM
awesome as always!thanks for the constant updates!
Posted by fliphitman
on Apr 7, 2014 12:58:31 AM
Nice, the patch notes are here! Thx GGG
Edit: Substantial nerf to summoner, well i think... , is this gonna screw up most summoner lol?
Last edited by AlexOP on Apr 7, 2014 1:07:04 AM
Posted by AlexOP
on Apr 7, 2014 12:59:04 AM