1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
JcFreak wrote:
After reading these post. I don't think to many people are happy with the new patch.
Any thoughts on this GGG?

I am very happy with this patch, like many others. You have a wrong perception because happy people are unlikely posting here, when angry people are spamming QQ.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Xapti wrote:
Do you not know what "drop" means? Or are you thinking that they made Vaal orbs more potent to compensate?
Making vaal orbs more potent is totally unnecessary.

All that's changed is the chance of finding a Vaal orb. If they changed it's chances they would have posted that in the notes as well.

I know full well what was meant by the patch notes, It was wishful thinking that they had made them more potent with a dash of sarcasm. I honestly dont see the point in lowering the drop rate on an item that does nothing most of the time except corruption.
"
Xapti wrote:
It's speculation to say people leave significantly due to nerfs. If things WEREN'T nerfed I'd say it's very likely even more people would be leaving; people want to be playing a balanced game.

Nerfing is like "play more to get what you already had" (of course if your build isn't totally destroyed yet).
Most people quit the game because the only one skill required to success at lvl 85+ is the skill to trade items. The goal is to sell all the shitty drops on end-maps to noobs, to get chaos/gcp/exalts and then be able to buy godly gear (or craft it). That's the only one skill required. But without that, after 2000+ hours of play you'll have very few exalts, few good gear, no kaom, no shav... Almost nothing, and nerfs or deep changes (as the leech mechanics) will affect you a lot. Then people quit, cause they want to PLAY, not to trade.

And that's why I totally stopped to play since 2 weeks too. Looks like Blizzard understood all that with D3 patch 2.0, not GGG.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Apr 10, 2014, 6:27:26 PM
D3 is dead Bro.
"
Azial wrote:
D3 is dead Bro.

It's reviving since patch 2.0 and RoS.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
"
RlVAL wrote:
"
Moasseman wrote:
What the heck is up with all these whiners about the Smoke mine change?

I've never used smoke mine on my summoner and have always been managing just fine.

L_2_P

Your in ambush, don't tell people to l2p

Their is a big differance between trying to compete in the ladder ranking's and playing casual, Your summoner i'm sure is fine for playing casual.

Uhm L 2 P
"hi, i play a build who can stack iir iiq easy + clear all map fast, i'm pro."
*patch*
"oh i'm not immune to ranged attack because of this nerf so i leave the game"
troll more pls.
nice patch.
nice true nice, thanks gg love us :)
"
DaddyChaddie wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Who comes up with these ideas when making patch updates??! It's honestly hard to tell if it's the 2% of players complaining "this is op" or GGG developers that dont play their own game.

- Smoke mine nerf, even though I've never used it, I can clearly understand why guys are pissed since minions are constantly getting stuck when indoors. Smoke mine is supposed to teleport the player to make an escape and clearly minions are part of the player.

- Evangelist nerf is a double edge sword. Good for non summoners and solo players but bad for summoners that depend on the needed defenses provided since items and skill tree mods are becoming less viable for builds every new patch.

- Vaal orb drop rate reduction was uncalled for. Besides the fact that they barely drop as it is, those orbs were the best way for people to craft their own gears (or gamble) without having to spend hours trying to trade with other players and argue down currency values let alone items.

- Checkpoints....ABOUT TIME!!! This is well needed for many of us that get random disconnects from the game, while being in the middle of a area trying to find a waypoint. Lag and desync makes this change a blessing.

Other than rogue exiles using vaal skills(which damn well wont require them to "charge" up the souls needed.) the rest of the patch seems fine. but I got the feeling that like most buffs there will be a nerf to the same things within 1 or 2 patches later which defeats the purpose. Chris and other GGG staff, please take a vote / tally from actual players about skills / items BEFORE nerfing them.

These patches turn fun into frustration with trying to make viable builds without following some random guy's "guide" or whatever is popular at the time.

Put very well

Thank you. I rarely make posts since most of the issues, comments and concerns are usually addressed by other players so just taking the time out to thank you for the comment. I mostly read posts instead of flooding by making tons of new ones. I just wish GGG would not take things like this as hostile criticism and move posts to "feedback". I love the game.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
With all the OP gear you are supposed to be strong and create a guide to share with others, GGG "nerf", non summoner player "jealous".

With average gear, you are weak, trying hard to farm quietly and non stop dying in maps which no one knows, nothing happen.

For advise to all summoner, never share your build to others anymore. Be smart and keep it to yourself. But anyway, dont think summoner can survive anymore with smoke mine nerf at gg maps or bosses. Time to play other build or quit.

For those out there who never really play a summoner or just casual play and stop at below lvl 90 without going gg map, gg bosses or queen atziri are just the kind to be jealous and agree with the patch. That makes you a real loser, good luck in your life.

IGN: Clovence
Last edited by Clovence on Apr 14, 2014, 6:57:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info