1.1.2 Patch Notes

The majority of you are not getting the point at all lmfao, clueless.

I'll quote my own post so maybe some of you special ed's can read it.

" You nerf evangelist's and smoke mine because less than 1% of the population are trying to use it to solo atziri, Instead of adding a cool down or something of the sort, You completely break any summoner who want's to be even semi relevent..Literally adding a 3-5 second cool down onto the skill would have been the only thing needed, make's me sad. "

Last edited by RlVAL on Apr 8, 2014, 3:40:33 PM
"
BobRt wrote:
Sooo...did the re-balancing of corrupt area bosses make them harder? I have no problem w/difficult, and fast attacking bosses.BUT, my friend and I kept getting one-shotted from off screen, from two different bosses. One was the EK spider boss in the Corrupt area..we expected it to be challenging, but getting killed in one shot w/out even seeing it on screen..seriously..over and over again...
and the other boss was even worse. Didn't even get close enough to see what boss it was, but after dying 4 times, (after most minions were dead), we gave up on the corrupt area. 1shot, insta kill from off screen every time.
Any thoughts from anyone?

And about the summoner fix..I don't see how summoners are broken? My summoner is strong as hell, cruising through ACT 3Merc w/out much trouble..and I've never used smoke mine. Zombies and titty spitters on the front line, and lightning trap for the rest. This patch DOES NOT break summoners...They buffed a lot of summoner nodes the last big patch, which made them a lot more viable. Smoke mine fix should not completely break any build.

When you get out of shit tier content youll realize pretty fast how shitty your summoner is without smoke mine, but word keep thinking your relevant.

Summoner's are now the most tedious and annoying class's to play, Just like before, Just like when nobody played summoner's because theyre fucking useless lol, Ggwp another GGG over nerf, Makes me wonder why I'm here supporting this game.
Last edited by RlVAL on Apr 8, 2014, 3:46:58 PM
With regards to the "reduced drop-rate of vaal orbs" does this mean they have a better chance of actually doing something now? I mean, from my personal experience 75% of the time they do nothing but corrupt.
I would think given the length of this thread that GGG has gotten the message by now, but I'll pile on just in case they are still reading.

As a high level summoner I get the nerf to evangelists. I may not like it, just like the nerf to burning miscreations, but I get it and I can live with it. I can see how using smoke mine with the evangelist bubble is a little overpowered, but to get rid of smoke mine completely seems like something that was not thought out at all.

I started using smoke mine a few weeks ago, and it made playing a summoner a lot more enjoyable. Summoners are still quite powerful without it for most content, but smoke mine allowed me to attempt tough boss fights where my minions would normally instantly die. It introduced a more strategic style of play to a build that was sometimes a little boring and required little skill. This actually went perfectly with the new content introduced with Sacrifice of Vaal. Atziri was clearly designed to require strategy and skill rather than just bulldozing through it. To introduce this kind of content, then take away the tools necessary to complete is puzzling.

I was just starting to really enjoy running Atziri and other tough bosses, but without smoke mine I'll be taking a break from POE rather than going back to braindead piety runs. Would love to hear GGG's rationale for this move, but right now it looks like there isn't one. I still think this is a great game and hope to come back when this issue is addressed or there is some other new content to capture my attention.

(also the need for smoke mine to move stuck minions is obvious and barely need mention.)
Last edited by SharpXT on Apr 8, 2014, 5:19:03 PM
I don't expect them to reply. They did it cause they can. I've given up on the game since trying it without smoke mine. If this is what the community gets, my guild is happy to follow. Sad to leave but time to move on. GL GGG.
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
Just went back to my summoner after this patch.

I realize that minion movement AI is complete shit.
Smoke Mine nerf is uncalled for.

It takes minions Too long to "Listen" to a command.

For example, you run into a dangerous mob and want to protect your minions.
Before, you run backwards and throw down a mine, No Problem.

Now, you issue a command (use a skill at a location) and HOPE they move there.
They get confused, run back and forward between the point you want, and attacking mobs.
And probably die in the process.....

Seriously F this shit. You are balancing issues that only affect a small portion of the population.

At least give us a similar feature by some other means, like lightning warp.

The reason I think it was abused, was because Undying Evangelists would always cast their shield when teleported. If anything just change the way Evangelists work.

All the other changes have merit, this does not.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Apr 8, 2014, 6:19:55 PM
Can someone please post a list of the 5 new uniques?
"
Ragnarok27 wrote:
Can someone please post a list of the 5 new uniques?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475284

Click on the "**1.1.2 Uniques**" spoiler. It has them all listed in it.
Thanks.
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
I have been using smoke mine to open sboxes in ambush. I havnt died to one since I started using it. You hav to click the box and detonate at almost the same instant. So you are clear when the GIGANTIC! latensy spike freezes the screen for a half second.

I died doing that, actually. Huge latency spike while hitting detonate, and my corpse dropped where the mine was. I've gone back to just running away from the strongboxes instead.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info