1.1.2 Patch Notes

O.O
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
Nice, Arc definitely needed a buff.

Does anyone know if Ethereal Knives is being looked at for a buff? That skill is so weak! The fact that EK builds have to link the skill with Empower to deal even mediocre damage should tell you something...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Apr 8, 2014, 7:48:55 AM
"
BobRt wrote:
Sooo...did the re-balancing of corrupt area bosses make them harder? I have no problem w/difficult, and fast attacking bosses.BUT, my friend and I kept getting one-shotted from off screen, from two different bosses. One was the EK spider boss in the Corrupt area..we expected it to be challenging, but getting killed in one shot w/out even seeing it on screen..seriously..over and over again...
and the other boss was even worse. Didn't even get close enough to see what boss it was, but after dying 4 times, (after most minions were dead), we gave up on the corrupt area. 1shot, insta kill from off screen every time.
Any thoughts from anyone?

And about the summoner fix..I don't see how summoners are broken? My summoner is strong as hell, cruising through ACT 3Merc w/out much trouble..and I've never used smoke mine. Zombies and titty spitters on the front line, and lightning trap for the rest. This patch DOES NOT break summoners...They buffed a lot of summoner nodes the last big patch, which made them a lot more viable. Smoke mine fix should not completely break any build.

lol... content up to 75 maps is a breeze...You can get to maps with only zombies.. you can also clear most of the map content with 'just zombies' it's the fact that the minion AI is not smart enough to protect its caster 'at times' like in the mine map./maze map/ a few others.. THIS is the problem. I have a lvl 86 summoner who survived without smoke mine but she died over 7times when she could of lived if i had smoke mine. Don't take away something that works. most of us won't even see atziri or whatever she's called
"
RlVAL wrote:
Broke my summoner, Not impressed.

Nerf Evangelist's, Good
Nerf BM's, Good
Nerf COD, Good

Nerf the only way a summoner can control his/her minion's to either A) stay alive B) Keep the summoner alive ? Really..

Not to mention all the crap that goes with them getting stuck on every possible piece of everything when doing indoor map's of any kind.

You nerf evangelist's and smoke mine because less than 1% of the population are trying to use it to solo atziri, Instead of adding a cool down or something of the sort, You completely break any summoner who want's to be even semi relevent..Literally adding a 3-5 second cool down onto the skill would have been the only thing needed, make's me sad.

Im not even going to get into the fact that snap shotting with tabula rasa and than switching your chest is still possible but having a utility skill like smoke mine isnt.

Spectre pool is small enough that we are basically forced to go to waypoint's to summon specific mob's in order to be effective, Now we have no way of keeping them alive, Dont expect me to be grinding maps anymore, Maybe next patch or next league.

Unfortunately, the entire game is balanced around the 1% with top of line gear.
I play a summoner myself and when I first read the patch notes all I thought to myself was "thank god I only run level 78 maps anymore" because the smoke mine nerf sure is not a build breaking one but a quality of life changing one.

I can see how the OP bubbles in combination with smoke mine was overpowered but I fail to see how smoke mine is a game breaking mechanic with the nerf to evangelists. The only thing I am personally worried about is doing Atziri again. The room she is in is not what I would call big enough to be jumping and running about to make my minions teleport on top of myself. Making them run a certain direction by "Attack in place" default attack to cursor position is guaranteed to get them killed anyways as she uses super big flameblasts that cover almost the entire room, same with storm call, making it unlikely for the minions to run out in time. My build is not based around saffel's frame and the most spell block I could get out of bone offering is 35% at lvl 20. Given that Atziri uses not only flameblast but a bunch of other aoe mechanics I would say there is a 100% chance of dead minions. Does that make me quit playing my summoner? No. Am I still frustrated about this quality of life change? Yes. I understand there are other builds out there who would also have a very hard time doing Atziri, builds that have been pretty much shut out from the beginning. That does not make this any less frustrating for the people involved right now.

I am all for the evangelists nerf, I will still be using them as they are a) nicely concentrated damage that I feel is more controlled than say flame sentinels (not to mention it's way easier to come by high level evangelists than it is to find high level flame sentinels or anything else)and b) I mostly play in a 4-6 man party, they thank me for the non laggy environment ;). Now what we do need is better minion AI, not because it is impossible to play a summoner anymore (cause lets face it, that's not true) but because it is annoying to play a summoner for all the wrong reasons.
Last edited by botibomaus on Apr 8, 2014, 8:55:37 AM
"
Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And Right after having died in Invasion to one of those bosses. Particularly, that overgrown chicken that spews fire all around it. Like, WTF? Well there are a lot of cool additions now. Arc buff! Yeah!
I have been using smoke mine to open sboxes in ambush. I havnt died to one since I started using it. You hav to click the box and detonate at almost the same instant. So you are clear when the GIGANTIC! latensy spike freezes the screen for a half second.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Apr 8, 2014, 11:51:20 AM
Wtf does that mean?

The recipe for chisels was extended???

Someone explain this to me.
IGN: Narbays
"
narbays wrote:
Wtf does that mean?

The recipe for chisels was extended???

Someone explain this to me.

Maybe they added more vendor recipes for chisels. That's only a guess. I'm also curious.

"
ellefanor wrote:
"
Maxwells wrote:
Haha look at all the snapshotting pure MF finder summoners rage.

Keep up the good work GGG, love the patch :)

one more here

eva was broken, this need to fix, so all fine
but summoners now, without smoke mine and snapshot not playable at INV league

Evasion is fine. I don't see a problem with this.
Regarding summoners they work well in standard league. I don't know about other leagues.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 8, 2014, 2:03:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info