1.1.2 Patch Notes

Who comes up with these ideas when making patch updates??! It's honestly hard to tell if it's the 2% of players complaining "this is op" or GGG developers that dont play their own game.

- Smoke mine nerf, even though I've never used it, I can clearly understand why guys are pissed since minions are constantly getting stuck when indoors. Smoke mine is supposed to teleport the player to make an escape and clearly minions are part of the player.

- Evangelist nerf is a double edge sword. Good for non summoners and solo players but bad for summoners that depend on the needed defenses provided since items and skill tree mods are becoming less viable for builds every new patch.

- Vaal orb drop rate reduction was uncalled for. Besides the fact that they barely drop as it is, those orbs were the best way for people to craft their own gears (or gamble) without having to spend hours trying to trade with other players and argue down currency values let alone items.

- Checkpoints....ABOUT TIME!!! This is well needed for many of us that get random disconnects from the game, while being in the middle of a area trying to find a waypoint. Lag and desync makes this change a blessing.

Other than rogue exiles using vaal skills(which damn well wont require them to "charge" up the souls needed.) the rest of the patch seems fine. but I got the feeling that like most buffs there will be a nerf to the same things within 1 or 2 patches later which defeats the purpose. Chris and other GGG staff, please take a vote / tally from actual players about skills / items BEFORE nerfing them.

These patches turn fun into frustration with trying to make viable builds without following some random guy's "guide" or whatever is popular at the time.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
Warrax wrote:
To all the complainers against the Smoke Mine nerf, should you not use Lightning Wrap instead? I thought this one was teleporting minions just like in D2.

If that worked, people would not have been using Smoke Mine.
Such kindness...you guys sure are in a good mood.

I might have to call butthurt on this one.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 7, 2014, 8:57:03 AM
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Who comes up with these ideas when making patch updates??! It's honestly hard to tell if it's the 2% of players complaining "this is op" or GGG developers that dont play their own game.

- Smoke mine nerf, even though I've never used it, I can clearly understand why guys are pissed since minions are constantly getting stuck when indoors. Smoke mine is supposed to teleport the player to make an escape and clearly minions are part of the player.

- Evangelist nerf is a double edge sword. Good for non summoners and solo players but bad for summoners that depend on the needed defenses provided since items and skill tree mods are becoming less viable for builds every new patch.

- Vaal orb drop rate reduction was uncalled for. Besides the fact that they barely drop as it is, those orbs were the best way for people to craft their own gears (or gamble) without having to spend hours trying to trade with other players and argue down currency values let alone items.

- Checkpoints....ABOUT TIME!!! This is well needed for many of us that get random disconnects from the game, while being in the middle of a area trying to find a waypoint. Lag and desync makes this change a blessing.

Other than rogue exiles using vaal skills(which damn well wont require them to "charge" up the souls needed.) the rest of the patch seems fine. but I got the feeling that like most buffs there will be a nerf to the same things within 1 or 2 patches later which defeats the purpose. Chris and other GGG staff, please take a vote / tally from actual players about skills / items BEFORE nerfing them.

These patches turn fun into frustration with trying to make viable builds without following some random guy's "guide" or whatever is popular at the time.

Put very well
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
great patch..............................................................................................................ong did you really think tha ta nerf to the people that do play would go over good? silly rabbit trix are for kids.ggg I love your game but you are doing it wrong
"
nikals wrote:
Pretty sweet patch as usual.

Although, one thing really bugs me..

Spoiler
So much butthurt in every freakin' single patch thread. If there's only a minor aspect of the game you like/dislike, and a patch changes something about that minor aspect, I suggest looking for another game. If you don't like the game at its core, you never will. Patches aren't supposed to drastically change the game into something else, into your vision of what the game should be like. Patches are for tweaks and minor features. Exceptions being Sacrifice of the Vaal which was a mini-expansion.

Just take the game for what it currently is. If you don't like what it is, move on and stop wasting your time.

Yea minor, not completely removing the functionality of aspects of the game lol pretty major changes most would say. This is a build breaking patch...
summoner nerfs are complete bs :/
GG GGG gonna go take my depression meds now...
The thing i don't understand - why don't GGG introduce an active skill that can sacrifice your minnions to protect yourself/heal yourself?

Greater summon sacrificed - more reward in defence you get.

For example - sacrifieced a zombie - heal 10%HP and + 10% physical reduction for 5 sec.

Sacrifice spectre - 30% heal, 30% all damage reduction for 5 sec.

That could fix the issue with only one usable spectre that should make you not that easly killed by making you immune almost to everything.
Last edited by maxkardinal on Apr 7, 2014, 9:04:50 AM
I understand the frustrations of summoners even if the smoke mine was not intended to be used that way, it has been used that way and a lot of players have put a lot of time and effort into a build reliant on it and are now getting punished for a design flaw by ggg. As for minion control in tight areas, is hardly just an issue for minions, a cyclone hook up on wall or debris or desynch can be insta death with no chance to run away when you see the hang up or the ridiculous way cyclone behaves with multistrike when it suddenly decides its going to cross multiple rooms for a random target and not let you do anything until finished. As for the life leech kill its destroyed any fast single enemy attack skills that based on blood magic because most of life leech wasted and just kill yourself. I personally feel all this nerfing while so many other issues that spoil playability not addressed are crazy. I also can't see the business sense of upsetting a new group of players each update with a new build nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info